Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Squad is looking good but I think we need some

pace on the wings. If (as lambo has suggested) there is therefore one more player to come in then i hope its a right sided winger with some real pace which will enable us to play a 4-4-2. Macnamee is currently our only really pacey wing man but he never has the same impact when he starts games. Would also enable Korey to cover right back or cover Crofts in the middle when required. Squad below looks to have some real depth to it though and the good thong is that only 1 of these players isn''t ours (assumning tierney signs):

GK: Ruddy, Rudd, Steer

RB: Martin, Francomb

CB: Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, Nelson, Askou

LB: Drury, Tierney, Smith

Mid: Crofts, Smith, Hughes, Fox, Surman, Hoolahan, Macnamee, Lansbury, Gill, Tudor Jones

Att: Holt, Martin, Jackson, Wilbraham, Johnson, Daley

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

pace on the wings. If (as lambo has suggested) there is therefore one more player to come in then i hope its a right sided winger with some real pace which will enable us to play a 4-4-2. Macnamee is currently our only really pacey wing man but he never has the same impact when he starts games. Would also enable Korey to cover right back or cover Crofts in the middle when required. Squad below looks to have some real depth to it though and the good thong is that only 1 of these players isn''t ours (assumning tierney signs):

GK: Ruddy, Rudd, Steer

RB: Martin, Francomb

CB: Ward, Barnett, Whitbread, Nelson, Askou

LB: Drury, Tierney, Smith

Mid: Crofts, Smith, Hughes, Fox, Surman, Hoolahan, Macnamee, Lansbury, Gill, Tudor Jones

Att: Holt, Martin, Jackson, Wilbraham, Johnson, Daley

Yep, you can''t have too much of a good thong Jim!

[/quote]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Squad below looks to have some real depth to it though and the good thing is that only 1 of these players isn''t ours (assumning tierney signs):

[/quote]

This is the key sentence for me. How refreshing is it that we only have one loan player in the squad?