Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Delia, bring back our prodigal son.............

...Craig Bellamy (on loan, with an option to buy if we stay up), and give us our best chance of avoiding the drop!!

Can you imagine Huckerby, Ashton and Bellamy on fire up front - with the fans rocking behind them/!

We have a dodgy defence - so let''s get cautiously attack orientated, as the best form of defence.                          [The only other thing you have to do is persuade Worthy to swallow his pride and consult with Dave Stringer, Ken Brown and Mike Walker on how best to implement this new strategy and then let him get on with it].

QED !!!

Easy eh?

Anybody agree????????

OTBC

Worthy should sit back until a permanant move doesn''t emerge (A £7m+ deal is unlikely for any club at this stage) and then on the 31st duck in at the last minute for a cheeky loan deal.

WORTHY: Graeme, did you sell Bellers?
SOUNESS: No, nobody could be arsed before the window closed
W: What''s happening then?
S: Well, I was planning to let him rot in the reserves
W: That would be a shame
S: Not really, I hate him
W: We could take him off your hands for 3 months.  You wouldn''t even have to see him at training or anything!
S: DONE!  Craig!  Go with the man.

Petit de journer, everyone''s a winner!

I like the idea !  ........   but we need to sort out  the defence  situation  .....  this may be solved simply by  the  injured coming back  ... Holt and Saffri   should  bring some  iron  into the side   ...  bringing in new players  always causes some disruption ... and can be counter productive  !   ...  and we don`t have the time  to wait  for new players to " settle in "   IMO   we already have the players  we need to get us  out of the relegation zone , the last ten minutes of the Boro game   gives an insight into the potential  we have  ............

PS  Ashton looks good !  

I agree about getting him on loan, but with an option to buy if we stay up????

First of all i can''t see bellers signing permanently for us unless we were in europe and well established.

Secondly, we wouldn''t be able to afford the 7mill price tag that newcastle have asked for, and even if we could, that would probably be all of our budget gone on one player in the summer and therefore we wouldn''t be able to sign other players to strengthen the squad.

Signing bellers on loan: yes

Signing him permanently: No chance

As people have probably gathered by now I am in 100% support of this.  However, I don''t think it''s fair to rely on Delia for the cash.  If we can afford him (which I think we probably could) then lets get him.  If we can''t then fair enough

Hmmmmm.

I think Delia has "given" us more than enough recently.

And anyway, we need steel and organisation, not mouthy strikers!

Worthy won''t get him beacuse:

(a) he''s just spent three times our previous record on a striker

(b) we need to strengthen the defence and stop shipping goals

(c) he was not here when Bellars was (I think) so doesn''t know him

(d) he doesn''t like troublemakers- can you see Bellars being told publicly that his workrate isn''t good enough like what happend with Paul McV?

(e) he wouldn''t come here- he''s arrogant/confident enough to want to play in Europe.

Even  a loan is unlikely because of (b) and (d).

I too would love that three pronged attack with Deano and Hux, but maybe we dream of that next year when challenging for a UEFA spot rather than a Championship spot (LOL)...........

I wouldn''t be disappointed if he did not come back.

He''s far too arrogant he would most likely throw his toys from the pram if he didn''t get his own and he could badly deflate team spirit.

He is also quite a risk even if it is just on loan.  To loan him for 3 months would cost £500k and considering he is hardly ever fit for 3 months in a row could be a massive waste of money.

Saying that he is a talented player and could keep us up but would he want to play for us?

[quote]Worthy won''t get him beacuse: (a) he''s just spent three times our previous record on a striker (b) we need to strengthen the defence and stop shipping goals (c) he was not here when Bellars was (I ...[/quote]

Sorry tumble you are wrong on a couple of points.   Yes Worthy does know Bellars as he coached him when he was here and secondly he has today said he would love to see him return to Carrow Road on loan.   However Portsmouth now look like the favourites to get him with an offer of Yakubu going to the Toon as Souness has expressed interest in him.

Perhaps Worthy''s comments are just to upset the apple cart, but who knows?

I wonder at our fans sometimes. The defence is letting in goals so the answer is to try and score more goals to compensate.

We sign him at the end of the season. Yep, that''s a £2million a year plus contract. Roughly the ticket income from the whole of the new south stand annually, never mind finding any transfer fee.

Of course that''s easily done if we pursue the Kevin Keegan/Harry Redknapp slash and burn school of management. Scrap the youth policy, sell off any training facilities and hope that every other player left is quite happy to have one player on three or four times their salary.

In fact why not sell the defenders as our all conquering attack will more than compensate for any goals that go in ?

Perhaps we should make a bid for Sutton and Akinbiyi as well.

Imagine three strikers like Akinbiyi, Sutton, Ashton supplied by Huckerby, Mackenzie, McVeigh and Bellamy.

The crowd would be estatic (assuming they had stayed until halftime and not left after the first four goals had been conceded).

Stevanage- yes you''re right of course. Funny how it seems to me a real long time ago that I last saw Bellars in yellow and green.

MadDan I think most of us are only talking about him coming on loan until the end of the season, not splashing out loads on signing him, that would be stupid and probably wouldn''t ever happen anyway.  

MadDan.

Half the reason City are shipping goals is connected to the well known facts that:

(a) defending starts from the front

(b) attack is the best form of defence

With the prodigal on board (if only until the end of the season) and using my strategy we would be able to defend higher up the field, and thus give our  defence ''breathers'' and an opportunity to reorganise.

IMHO we do not have the quality of defenders available at he moment to survive the premiership using a defensive policy - and this cannot be fixed in this transfer window. In this connection I think that Shackell should be given a run of say 3 matches. If not, Charlton should be put back in central defence. Either would replace Doherty who tries hard & has potential, but to me is far from convincing.

By the way, Worthy says he would love to have the prodigal. In your strategy who would he drop to accommodate him - Ashton or Huckerby??????????????

Our fans are OK. It''s your level of analysis that is of concern. Particularly when you patently think that Akinbiyi is a top level striker. 

One love.

OTBC.

If we were to get Bellars at the club would worthy still prefer mackenzie up front as Ashtons partner?

Personally I would go with a 4-3-2-1 with Hux and Bellars sitting just off Ashton, with a holding midfield of Safri, Francis and Jonson to protect our best (fit) defence of Helveg, Charlie, Doc and Drury. 

This would make the best use of the best players in the squad as we woudl finally have the striking players who could make a 4-3-3 work - sorry leon fans he simply isnt good enough for this league.

OTBC