Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Welcome Marc.

[quote user="Marc Tierney"]My girlfriend went shopping the other day and someone asked her if I was going to Norwich! I''d just like to say that I would never in a million years go to Norwich. I can categorically say that![/quote]I''m sorry, but when you say stupid stuff like that it going to come back and bite you, if he comes out and apologises for what he said then I''m willing to forgive and forget, otherwise for me he''s got his work cut out to win me over as a fan.

Seems a bit foolish to say things like that really.

He may be a tool but if he plays well then welcome MT

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Jesus H Christ we''ve all said stupid things at one time or another.

[/quote]

Absolutely, however usually we have the good grace to apologise when we recognise it.Oh and just to please wiz, Welcome Marc! [:P]

I agree with Notts - he''d have to have the balls to say something in his press conference or I''ll be extremely unhappy.

Oh and Wiz - sorry, but your administrator priveleges were revoked if you remember so people can post what they want where they want. At least Notts makes a good point as opposed to "welcome Mr Tierney, please feel free to roger my cat."

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I agree with Notts - he''d have to have the balls to say something in his press conference or I''ll be extremely unhappy.

Oh and Wiz - sorry, but your administrator priveleges were revoked if you remember so people can post what they want where they want. At least Notts makes a good point as opposed to "welcome Mr Tierney, please feel free to roger my cat."[/quote]I think Wiz is annoyed thinking I came on here to simply slag off Teirney, which is not true, I probably should have said that I do wish him every success here in addition to my other point.

Still, he must now feel a right numpty for saying it.

Time to prove yourself wrong Marc and  show you will infact play bloody well for Norwich City.

According to Grant Holt on Twitter...

"For all those saying mark said he would never sign for norwich. He got miss quoted. He said in the article that colchester would never sell"

So for that reason... welcome Marc!

I cant believe people are gettin worked up about what he said, he was a t a club and was loyal to them. We would expect any of our players, just like we did with the manager, to state he wouldnt be going anywhere if linked with another club. He has just done what any real loyal footballer will done. The fact he has come now shows he see the potential in city and he obviously has a good relationship with lambo. I was questioning this signing at first, as we have drury, lappin and smith. it doesnt appear there is any obvious need for a lb, but i think lamberts plan will probably be to have Tierney starting at lb this season. The chances are drury will suffer another injury, if he doesn''t, i think we will see tierney is just a better lb, he''s more solid, better crosser. I think he''s gonna do a good R Martin job on the left hand side.Tierney only had 6 months left on his contract so would have cost piss all really, however if he wasnt bought in to replace and not just cover drury why wouldnt lambert just sign him on a pre-contract and get him free in the summer?I think he''s gonna be a good hard player for us, adding some more fight to the defence, which has been leaking goals a lot from the the left. I would have preferred to have seen another striker to bang some goals in, but hopefully jackson will prove he''s worth all the money it appears lambert wasted on him and chris martin will start scoring again.Dont think we will see any more signing, 3 signings for a transfer window is alot and it''s the target Lambert was aiming for, lambo wont want to unsettle the team, i would like to see lansburys loan extended, but dont expect to see any more signings now

However, went out of his way and rang a Colchester journalist to make sure it was included in an article.

Nonetheless, he''s a very nice lad by all accounts, i''m sure he will do well for us.

Cut the guy some slack. He said (or if you believe Mr Holt, did not) things at a time when he was palying for a club who we were in a major dispute with. Under the circumstances, if he had made any comment other than a negative one about us then he would have got grief of the fans down there. I am sure he now feels a bit daft but he is not the first or last person to say something they ultimately regret.

As long as he plays well for us and helps us get promotion I am happy for him to say whatever he wants.

Welcome Mr T!

[quote user="canaryjock"]According to Grant Holt on Twitter...

"For all those saying mark said he would never sign for norwich. He got miss quoted. He said in the article that colchester would never sell"

So for that reason... welcome Marc![/quote] Is that the real Grant Holt though? not sure I believe that... would be one hell of a misquote

Yesterday I told people that Marc Tierney is friends with Grant Holt, whilst attempting to justify his transfer.Hopefully the two people who effectively stated that I don''t know anything will give me a little more respect when I have something to say on an issue.Welcome to Norwich Marc, top player - and I should know, but you will never know why ;-)

That was emotive time for both clubs and  fans, hell, they even banned me from their Offy message board, I did ask, but they''re still too small minded to recinder that decision.

Ho ho hum.[:D]

Yes Juge - however, you also stated his positional versatility, a fact denied by a Colchester fan who said you must be watching a different player to him. Also, judging by the pic on the pink un debate, Holt and Tierney don''t look VERY close friends, being separated by other players etc....

So I will give you the respect you deserve.

That was it. Did you enjoy it?

[quote user="LeJuge"]Yesterday I told people that Marc Tierney is friends with Grant Holt, whilst attempting to justify his transfer.

Hopefully the two people who effectively stated that I don''t know anything will give me a little more respect when I have something to say on an issue.

Welcome to Norwich Marc, top player - and I should know, but you will never know why ;-)
[/quote]

[:O] are you Paul Lambert?

I dont care what he said, if hes willing to put 100% in and get on with the job thats fine by me.

btw regarding the holt twitter issue, Grant Holts twitter is holty1981

No wonder Norwich fans have a reputation for being too nice. Everyone is just fine about what he said because he''s now signed for us. At the very least it''s embarrassing, and people should expect an embarrassed explanation at the PC!

And as for Holt saying he was misquoted......I don''t expect he really said "Colchester would never let me go". Not such a promising thing for his fans to hear is it. And nothing at all like "I will never ever play for that team!"

All I did was expect an apology for his ill-conceived choice of statement at the time. Not to me but to all Norwich fans. I''d actually have respect for him then, and think he had balls. I seem to be painted as being petty and whingeing for expecting that. Very strange.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]No wonder Norwich fans have a reputation for being too nice. Everyone is just fine about what he said because he''s now signed for us. At the very least it''s embarrassing, and people should expect an embarrassed explanation at the PC!

And as for Holt saying he was misquoted......I don''t expect he really said "Colchester would never let me go". Not such a promising thing for his fans to hear is it. And nothing at all like "I will never ever play for that team!"

Well I for one am very proud of having a reputation for being nice, why on earth would you want a reputation for being unkind. Players say what they think people, particularly those who they wish to influence, want to hear. It happens all the time!

All I did was expect an apology for his ill-conceived choice of statement at the time. Not to me but to all Norwich fans. I''d actually have respect for him then, and think he had balls. I seem to be painted as being petty and whingeing for expecting that. Very strange.[/quote]

Whether he was misquoted or not, he was trying to reassure his (Colchester) fans.

He is very committed to Norwich now - see his interview n Canaries World.

Welcome Marc, if you encounter any doubters, just show us your whole-hearted commitment and terrific tackling.

Frankly I don''t give a toss whether he walks up to the Barclay, shouts out that he doesn''t like Norfolk folk and he thinks that we are are all a bunch of snivelling whiners.

As long as he adds that he hates the opposition even more, whoever they are, rolls up his sleeves, spits on the pitch and growls ....

................ then gets stuck in.

Leave it to master Fry to come up with an eloquent turn of phrase - I want someone with a bit of fight in them, never mind what he says.

Now did he actually say that or was he misquoted/out of context ? Perhaps what he says on canaries world may be a truer refection of the quote ? All that matters is now he is now ours !

[quote user="Muddy funster"]No wonder Norwich fans have a reputation for being too nice. Everyone is just fine about what he said because he''s now signed for us. At the very least it''s embarrassing, and people should expect an embarrassed explanation at the PC! And as for Holt saying he was misquoted......I don''t expect he really said "Colchester would never let me go". Not such a promising thing for his fans to hear is it. And nothing at all like "I will never ever play for that team!" All I did was expect an apology for his ill-conceived choice of statement at the time. Not to me but to all Norwich fans. I''d actually have respect for him then, and think he had balls. I seem to be painted as being petty and whingeing for expecting that. Very strange.[/quote]

I expect he will say something about it, whether it''s an apology remains to be seen but if it is not I wouldn''t care.

I think he has shown balls by joining the club that he has supposedly offended.

If he plays well for us that will be the only apology needed.

His choice of statement was not ill conceived at the time, it was right at the time for him, his club and their fans. It just hasn''t turned out that way now.

I am more concerned about his football skills than his political correctness skills at a press conference.

He is one of us now, let''s hope we all love and respect him for what he does for us.

I find it very strange that you do not think you may be whingeing and petty. I do not think all Norwich fans need the apology that you are fighting for on their behalf.

I guess we had better hope that if he does not apologise it is not because he is not sorry and he has only infiltrated our ranks to score as many own goals as possible to scupper any promotion hopes we might have and exact the revenge he and Colchester desparately crave.