Sign in to follow this  
????

Strikers

with Jackson, Wilberham and Martin not really playing too well recently who would you go with against cardiff?

I would go with Holt and Martin but i have a feeling Lambert will go with Holt and Wilberham again!!!

Indeed they are.

Unfortunately Chrissy hasn''t been doing much of either over recent weeks.

I''m trying to think who set up two goals against Ipswich, scored against Derby, was the the attacking hub against Coventry and set up the only goal of the game against QPR. It''s Chris something or other.... anyone care to remind me. [:)]

And also, who nearly scored (when every player was extrmeley tired) in the last couple of mins, after a run from half way line/inside own half?

I think we have to face it, some people think he adds nothing, others think he does... but most importantly PAUL LAMBERT thinks he adds something, otherwise he would not be playing....

I personally would go for Holt and Martin, with Jackson to come on if necessary.

I appreciate that Wilbraham did create one Holt goal, but he is too limited and too like Holty otherwise. Jackson I am not sure about.

I think that Martin adds a lot - works hard, makes sublte passes around the penalty area and takes good free-kicks, etc. He may not have scored many but he has certainly created many.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] I think we have to face it, some people think he adds nothing, others think he does... but most importantly PAUL LAMBERT thinks he adds something, otherwise he would not be playing....[/quote]

As it goes I quite rate Chris Martin and I have done since I saw him playing at youth/reserve level before the majority knew who he was.

But to me he''s no different to any other player. E.g. if Grant Holt has had a poor game then I''ll say so (and have done), if Andrew Crofts doesn''t play that well then I''d just say so.

And so, for example, against Orient I thought Martin had a pretty poor game. I would suggest that it''s fair to say he''ll need to play much better against Cardiff.

It''s nothing personal and it doesn''t mean I don''t think he is a good player, I don''t get why any criticism of him leads to some people getting their knickers in such a twist.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''m trying to think who set up two goals against Ipswich, scored against Derby, was the the attacking hub against Coventry and set up the only goal of the game against QPR. It''s Chris something or other.... anyone care to remind me. [:)][/quote]

not quite, he was v quiet that day.

Martin is still our second top scorer, IMO, as 5 of Hoolahan''s 8 goals were penalties. Not that those aren''t important, but Martin''s 6 were all scored from outfield or free-kicks (and I think he''s still our best at free-kicks). I would go back to the QPR line-up with Martin in the hole, where he looked comfortable and added another striker for the defence to worry about (''Never mind the danger'' and all that!). Hoolahan and Lansbury in midfield and Croft at the base breaking up attacks. I have the feeling we''re going to have to outscore Cardiff in this one!