Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Leigh Griffiths on His Way to Us

I understand he is a highly rated player, and has been linked to a number of teams, could be a very good signing. 180k seems pretty cheap considering there is competition for him, and a highly rated youngster, if that''s true, it must be a steal.

Well if there is any truth in it we must have gazumped Wolves (which would be surprising) as Mic Macarthy and this local paper have confirmed he''s had a medical with them and agreed personal terms. Having said that it says they are going to have him for 10 days to "assess him" before finalising any transfer so no deal has been completed yet. Maybe we just offered him a deal without the need for assessment. I would still be surprised if we could get anywhere near their wage offering though!

"Mick McCarthy has warned Wolves fans not to expect too much, too early, from rookie signing-to-be Leigh Griffiths.

The 20-year-old striker has agreed personal terms with Wolves after a fee of around £150,000 was agreed with Dundee’s administrators.

Griffiths has undergone a medical and is now looking at accommodation in the area.

He will now undergo a 10-day period of training with Wolves as they assess him prior to the transfer going through. The former Albion trialist was set to travel with the squad to Eastlands this afternoon to watch tomorrow’s game at Manchester City.

But he will start his Wolves career with a three-match ban after being sent off last week for violent conduct in Dundee’s 4-0 Scottish Cup defeat to Motherwell.

The only thing that appears to be delaying Wolves announcing his signing is the paperwork being rubber-stamped, as Dundee’s officials are at the Scottish FA headquarters in Glasgow today appealing their 25-point deduction for entering administration.

But McCarthy has cautioned against expecting the Scotland Under-21 hitman to immediately set the world on fire. “With the greatest respect to Leigh, I don’t want anyone thinking we’re signing a striker that’s going to come in and rip it up at the moment because that’s not the case,” said the boss."

Signed him on FM11 for my mighty norwich team, 600k and 1 season later his 5 goals made me very :''(

[quote user="USA Canary"]The Wolves site just says that he is on trial and training with them Nothing is mentioned that they is an imminent signing...

[/quote]

I think the official Wolves site is probably more reliable than the Vital Football version...........

"Top of the bill is Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths. He has been linked with a switch to Carrow Road for a number of weeks, and according to one report this morning is on the verge of completing a move to Norfolk for around £180,000.

In fact he is apparently undergoing a medical as we speak, so standby for an official club SMS in the next couple of hours. Or maybe not."

As much as I would like to think you are right USA, I just feel that piece is too sketchy. I can''t imagine Lambert saying "ok Leigh, we''ve agreed terms with you and your club and paid for your medical, now toodle off to Wolves for ten days and then let us know if you want to join us!"

[:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="USA Canary"]The Wolves site just says that he is on trial and training with them Nothing is mentioned that they is an imminent signing...

[/quote]

I think the official Wolves site is probably more reliable than the Vital Football version...........

"Top of the bill is Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths. He has been linked with a switch to Carrow Road for a number of weeks, and according to one report this morning is on the verge of completing a move to Norfolk for around £180,000.

In fact he is apparently undergoing a medical as we speak, so standby for an official club SMS in the next couple of hours. Or maybe not."

As much as I would like to think you are right USA, I just feel that piece is too sketchy. I can''t imagine Lambert saying "ok Leigh, we''ve agreed terms with you and your club and paid for your medical, now toodle off to Wolves for ten days and then let us know if you want to join us!"

[:S]

[/quote]

Did anybody see that Dundee v Motherwell game on Sky last weekend? If he joins us , he better play better than he did in that game!

Seems to me that Wolves are waking up to the idea that he is not good enough. Way over-hyped IMO as the Scottish Second Division is probably on a par with our Conference standard, and I''ll be absolutely amazed if they do sign him.

I''d rather if we are going for a striker out of the Scottish league to get David Templeton, he shows a lot of promise for the future.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Would be chuffed with this signing, and i''m only basing this on his FM 11 stats (16 out of 20 finishing, 14 composure, 15 accel & sprint speed)
[/quote]

Does anybody ever try to get close or even tackle this guy on FM11, because they certainly don''t appear to even try in the Scottish Second Division........  LOL

[quote user="paul moy"]

If you look at his goals scored last season, in all honesty how many would have he been allowed in the Championship. The defending is appalling !!! [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOqRmmFr0U

[/quote]

I don''t watch a lot of Scottish football, and that reminds me why, it makes us look like Barcelona! Some tidy finishes there but he was certainly helped by shocking defending/goalkeeping on plenty of them!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Would be chuffed with this signing, and i''m only basing this on his FM 11 stats (16 out of 20 finishing, 14 composure, 15 accel & sprint speed)
[/quote]

You should tell Lambert about this game. It''s gotta be cheaper than Ewan Chester''s wages.