Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Team for Cardiff

This may be too attacking but Lambert isn''t one to worry about the opposition to much what do you think ?

Holt Wilbraham

Hoolahan Martin Lansbury

Crofts

Drury Barnett Nelson Martin

Ruddy

Ruddy

Martin   Barnett   Nelson   Drury

Lansbury   Crofts   Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt         Martin

Effectively, with Hoolahan and Martin both attackers and even Lansbury attack minded, our midfield consists of Crofts!

He will struggle, and I think that we shall probably have the diamond, with Hooly forward, Crofts at base and Lappin and Korey wide. There would be a little more bite here and we would be less likely to be overrun.

The back four seem picked, at least Drury and Martin, but pick any two from three in the centre - Whitbread, Barnet, Nelson.

I will be really disappointed if Wilbraham starts this game. I have not seen anything from him so far to suggest he is anything but back up for Holt or someone to throw on if we need to go route one at the end of games.

I would go with:

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Whitbread Drury

Smith Crofts Lansbury

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

Ruddy

Smith Crofts Lansbury

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

exactly the same as the previous poster, I know lappin gives the side balance but I feel we need Koreys energy in the middle tomorrow. Martin will come good soon enough, he''s playing well, the goals will come

I would prefer RtN''s line-up myself, with Lappin adding balance and width to midfield, but I have the feeling that Lambert may revert to the QPR line-up with Holt and Wilbraham up front, Martin in the hole, Lansbury and Hoolahan midfield and Crofts at the base. This one makes it difficult for the opposing defence and could leave Martin room for more shots.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I would prefer RtN''s line-up myself, with Lappin adding balance and width to midfield, but I have the feeling that Lambert may revert to the QPR line-up with Holt and Wilbraham up front, Martin in the hole, Lansbury and Hoolahan midfield and Crofts at the base. This one makes it difficult for the opposing defence and could leave Martin room for more shots.[/quote]

I would be really surprised if we ent with that as a midfield of Hooly and Lansbury would leave us quite exposed. I know we did similar against QPR but we had no other fit midfielders. Knowing Lambert he will either play only one of Lansbury and Hoolahan and will play Fox or if he plays them both it will be with 2 battling midfielders.

This is probably the first time in quite a while where i''m unsure who we go for in midfield.

I''d like to see us quite experimental, and try a 4-2-3-1

Ruddy

Smith Crofts

Lansbury Hoolahan Martin

Holt

I think this would allow for the full-backs to get up and help, whilst having two defensive midfielders sitting deep should break up Cardiff''s play and anything played over the top can easily be dealt with by the two big CBs

RuddyMartin Barnett Nelson Drury

Smith Crofts Lansbury

Hoolahan

Holt      Martin