Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Can Chelsea play Ipswich every day

BBC stats suggest Chelsea have had 15 shots on target in the first hour. Sounds as though Town are doing pretty well to keep it to five.Bring back Roy, I say.

I was hoping the Scum would win this match. If they did hopefully they would be playing in League 1 next season - I mean compare their form in the Carling Cup to the league, and think about last season, when Leeds'' victory at Old Trafford cost them the title....

[quote user="Harry"][IMG]http://baygrillpizzas.co.uk/images/7upcan.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Like it Harry old mate !

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I was hoping the Scum would win this match. If they did hopefully they would be playing in League 1 next season - I mean compare their form in the Carling Cup to the league[/quote]Yeah, but look at the sides they''ve been pitted against in the Carling Cup! Sure, a capital ''W'' looks good in the form books, but the competition has been ridiculously generous to Ipswich. Even when they found themselves finally up against a Premier side, it was at home, they were lucky enough to find that the opposing manager was going to predominantly play 3rd string players, and they were at that moment the next lowest placed side of the round i believe.Genuine question - Has anyone ever had an easier route to the Semi-Finals of this competition than Ipswich this season?As for the FA Cup - Ha!

Sorry John, I didn''t know about who they''d played, only how far they''ve got and how they''ve been in the league

[quote user="John"]Genuine question - Has anyone ever had an easier route to the Semi-Finals of this competition than Ipswich this season?

[/quote]Norwich in 1985? Preston, Aldershot, Notts County and Grimsby if memory serves. Older posters can no doubt put me right. But we certainly didn''t play a top-flight club until the semi-final.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="John"]Genuine question - Has anyone ever had an easier route to the Semi-Finals of this competition than Ipswich this season?

[/quote]Norwich in 1985? Preston, Aldershot, Notts County and Grimsby if memory serves. Older posters can no doubt put me right. But we certainly didn''t play a top-flight club until the semi-final. [/quote]

1984/1985

2nd Round L1

Tue 25 Sep

Preston N.E. (DIV3)

3 - 3

(DIV1) Norwich City

2nd Round L2

Wed 10 Oct

Norwich City (DIV1)

6 - 1

(DIV3) Preston N.E.

Norwich City won 9-4 on aggregate

3rd Round

Wed 31 Oct

Norwich City (DIV1)

0 - 0

(DIV4) Aldershot

3rd Round Rep

Tue 06 Nov

Aldershot (DIV4 )

0 - 4

(DIV1) Norwich City

4th Round

Wed 21 Nov

Norwich City (DIV1)

3 - 0

(DIV2) Notts. County

Q Final

Wed 16 Jan

Grimsby Town (DIV2)    

0 - 1

(DIV1) Norwich City

S Final L1

Sat 23 Feb

Ipswich Town (DIV1)

1 - 0

(DIV1) Norwich City

S Final L2

Wed 06 Mar

Norwich City (DIV1)

2 - 0

(DIV1) Ipswich Town

Norwich City won 2-1 on aggregate

Final

Sun 24 Mar

Norwich City (DIV1)

1- 0

(DIV1) Sunderland

played at Wembley

poor old binners

With little likely opposition in the final Wenger will see this a golden opportunity to lift a trophy. In that light I should imagine he''ll want it done and dusted as soon as possible, with a comfortable win at poorman road so allowing a reserve team to be put out back at the Emirates

Unfortunately for the paupers they are back in London on Saturday when Millwall will be looking to continue their push into the playoffs.

Ironic really for the hapless binners (who imagine that they are cockneys) to have three London clubs knock them out of two cups and then put them into the relegation fight - all in one week.

Still, they have a new manager to look forward to. I wonder if he will be allowed to keep any of the 21 out of contract players .... or even want to.

RIPswich

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]... and as i have already pointed out to my fella yella chums - typical lucky Binners playing an off form Chelsea!![/quote]

A delightful "Bon Voyage" for Agent Keane. Those in high places are very pleased with your work Mr Roy. It''s amazing that your cover lasted so long.

Apppointing Roy was no more than changing the captain on the titanic half an hour after it hit the iceberg.

I fear that our impoverished neighbours have a lot worse to come - once they hit the icy waters of league 1. Does anyone seriously think that they will sell 20,000 season tickets.

The folk I feel sorry for are those like Bury Yellow who live amongst these simple folk, and will have little chance of respite from laughing at those around them as the paupers play host to Arsenal in a few days.

I wonder what the record number of goals conceded in two games is ?

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]Chelsea was a brilliant day out, the Chelsea support should ashamed.Can''t wait for Arsenal!!![/quote]

glad you enjoyed your day out,

my laughs got louder as the goals went in

thankyou, as did mine. The score became an irrelevance after 5 and you just have to admire Chelsea''s ability and enjoy yourself. Arsenal will be slightly more serious although no one is expecting any kind of a decent result (obviously). Whatever the score, it will be nice to see the ground full again.

"and what have I done to deserve that?"

Friendly banter, lad. Much like the friendly banter directed to Bryan Gunn at poorman road regarding his kids cancer

More importantly what has happened to the KingBinno/FactualBlue fella ? He was hilarious.

His defence of the signing of McPhail and Chopra, that Scorland would score more than any City striker and that Clegg would be giving Keano loads on money in January was priceless. I''m not sure if a fat payoff is what the funny little fella meant, but there is now no Keane and Fat Paul has already suggested that the cupboard is bare money wise.

Oh dear.

So maybe you could find King Factual and ask him to pay us a visit to tell us about the 7-0, us being second and you being barely out of the relegation places. Or about our imminent administration, the premiership players you were going to sign or why we were wrong to laugh at Keanes lack of managerial skills.

No hurry. After the Arsenal game will do, it will be far funnier.