Sign in to follow this  
Mr Lister

The Sun- Here we go again!!!!!!

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]Dont buy the Sun it has been and always will be full of s**t.....

Buy your local paper E D P or Evening News and no i dont work for em......[/quote]So don''t buy a national paper which is full of s**t, buy one of two local papers which are also full of s**t? Why not a broadsheet such as The Guardian or The Independant?I

Because the Guardian and the Independent are incredibly dull and are invariably read by people who are saying "Look at me, I''m dead clever because I read a large newspaper"?

Now i''ve not read the story but i presume West Ham may have Lambert in their sights - sounds like this would be true to me, so why not buy the Sun exactly?

[quote user="DOGGER"]

Now i''ve not read the story but i presume West Ham may have Lambert in their sights - sounds like this would be true to me, so why not buy the Sun exactly?

[/quote]Because the average IQ of a Sun reader is probably about 60, and it is owned by Rupert Murdoch.How many more reason do you need? Unless your IQ is 60 and you don''t know who Murdoch is. I firmly believe that reading The Sun will make you a less knowledgeable individual.

But i don''t read the Sun to make me more intelligent, i read it because it entertains me for 5 mins

No harm done.

Every single vacancy that comes up in the Premiership and some in the Championship is going to start this up again.  I for one am sick of it.  Let''s just accept that it''s inevitable and ignore it...................PLEASE!

Y[quote user="DOGGER"]

But i don''t read the Sun to make me more intelligent, i read it because it entertains me for 5 mins

No harm done.

[/quote]Yeah Yeah, we all know that you just like page 3 ;)

I hate West Ham so would be gutted if we lost Lambert to them. Clearly he would be tempted (and would be tempting for Culverhouse as well as he lives in Essex/hertfordshire). Just have to hope he would see the timing as wrong. If he took them down would be a blemish on his record and if you ask me there is a strong chance they may go down.

Sod off morty. I buy those papers because they have stuff to read in them, not just celebrity nonsense. Although the Sun does have good football on a monday.

[quote user="morty"]Because the Guardian and the Independent are incredibly dull and are invariably read by people who are saying "Look at me, I''m dead clever because I read a large newspaper"?[/quote]

Incredibly rich coming from you of all people Morty!!

[quote user="morty"]Because the Guardian and the Independent are incredibly dull and are invariably read by people who are saying "Look at me, I''m dead clever because I read a large newspaper"?[/quote]Or because actually learning from reading could be considered beneficial to self improvement, as opposed to using your energy on bullet point slurry?

1. Ct, feel free to explain.

2. Norwich ''r'' us, ooh, way to be patronising and up your own arse lol.

"Although the Sun does have good football on a monday"

That''s priceless. The one paper that DOESN''T have journalists at games - most of it is cobbled together from other reports and sources. Never wondered why so much of the Sun''s sports coverage is ''exclusives'' rather than it being actual reporting or reasoned analysis. Well, it''s extremely cheap to use worthless puff sent in by agents and agents PR.

Read the Sun by all means, but at least recognise the laugh is being had at your expense.

As to the story it will have coome from the same source as much of Sky/News International stuff. Some pimply intern trawling the net to fill up the pages, irrespective of any worth or merit to the story.

As said before I would be very surprised if Lambert left to join a ''basket case'' club, with all the resulting problems. If Lambert wants one of the real jobs at the top then he will know he has to prove himself - consistently. That won''t be done by signing up with a club that is run by some megomanic, cynical asset stripper or foreign money launderer.

I would also add that he would be joining a club that has every likelihood of going tits up, but I know the Sun won''t print such naughty words as tits - it does show pictures of women with no top on though.

Wow, how do they get away with that in 21st century ?

So LaJuge I take it that your view is that you read The Guardian and The Independent because they reflect an accurate view of politics and life.

If this so, why not reflect on that. Perhaps their general view is not agreed by the greater unwashed.

Their circulation figures are pathetic and as far as The Guardian is concerned, survives on BBC and Local Authority adverts for vacancies of dubious quality.

I thank you

I couldn''t see Lambert walking away from Norwich, without seeing this promotion challenge through, even if it a Premier League Club. I could regret saying that, and I hope I don''t jinx it

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]So LaJuge I take it that your view is that you read The Guardian and The Independent because they reflect an accurate view of politics and life.

If this so, why not reflect on that. Perhaps their general view is not agreed by the greater unwashed.

Their circulation figures are pathetic and as far as The Guardian is concerned, survives on BBC and Local Authority adverts for vacancies of dubious quality.

I thank you[/quote]To be honest I just believe that the typical Guardian and Independent reader has the intelligient to possess an opinion on politics and life; I have equal respect for the equivalent centre right papers.The Sun readers vote for whoever Rupert Murdoch decides he wants to run the country; News Corp have the power to swing elections. I suggest learning about Rupert Murdoch, he chooses which politician HE wants leading the country, and subsequently that is the stance that his editorial team takes.It''s not my fault that readers of The Sun are clever enough to suss out that they pay their own good money to be fed propaganda on a daily basis. The idea of The Sun, a working class/lower class newspaper, supporting The Conservatives in the last general election was frankly laughable.At least The Independant and The Guardian can be identified as left leaning newspapers, The Sun''s is officially ''Populist'' which effectively means that they switch in accordance to which candidate wears the best suit, or has the best haircut. In other words, a paper for morons. The Sun and similar such newspapers, such as The Star and The News of The World, are giant adverts. They are the lifeblood of Max Clifford and Simon Cowell, make the careers of simpletons such as Jade Goody and that divvy scouse coke head whose name eludes me, and if you want to be one of the ill-informed sheep who buys into all that crap then so be it.I prefer reading about economics, arts, current affairs, international news, policy, financial markets. Let''s just agree to be very different, I am happy with that if you are.

Sun has and always will be full of sh*t.Saw this on the Beeb earlier and thought... oh this is more believable, then I saw thier source and laughed ! :)

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]So LaJuge I take it that your view is that you read The Guardian and The Independent because they reflect an accurate view of politics and life. If this so, why not reflect on that. Perhaps their general view is not agreed by the greater unwashed. Their circulation figures are pathetic and as far as The Guardian is concerned, survives on BBC and Local Authority adverts for vacancies of dubious quality. I thank you[/quote]

To be honest I just believe that the typical Guardian and Independent reader has the intelligient to possess an opinion on politics and life; I have equal respect for the equivalent centre right papers.

The Sun readers vote for whoever Rupert Murdoch decides he wants to run the country; News Corp have the power to swing elections. I suggest learning about Rupert Murdoch, he chooses which politician HE wants leading the country, and subsequently that is the stance that his editorial team takes.

It''s not my fault that readers of The Sun are clever enough to suss out that they pay their own good money to be fed propaganda on a daily basis. The idea of The Sun, a working class/lower class newspaper, supporting The Conservatives in the last general election was frankly laughable.

At least The Independant and The Guardian can be identified as left leaning newspapers, The Sun''s is officially ''Populist'' which effectively means that they switch in accordance to which candidate wears the best suit, or has the best haircut. In other words, a paper for morons.

The Sun and similar such newspapers, such as The Star and The News of The World, are giant adverts. They are the lifeblood of Max Clifford and Simon Cowell, make the careers of simpletons such as Jade Goody and that divvy scouse coke head whose name eludes me, and if you want to be one of the ill-informed sheep who buys into all that crap then so be it.

I prefer reading about economics, arts, current affairs, international news, policy, financial markets. Let''s just agree to be very different, I am happy with that if you are.

[/quote]

Thought I spotted a Commie

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jakesacanary"]Dont buy the Sun it has been and always will be full of s**t..... Buy your local paper E D P or Evening News and no i dont work for em......[/quote]

So don''t buy a national paper which is full of s**t, buy one of two local papers which are also full of s**t? Why not a broadsheet such as The Guardian or The Independant?

I
[/quote]

If you really must encourage us to read The Independent, please try to spell it correctly.

[quote user="City1st"]"Although the Sun does have good football on a monday" That''s priceless. The one paper that DOESN''T have journalists at games - most of it is cobbled together from other reports and sources. Never wondered why so much of the Sun''s sports coverage is ''exclusives'' rather than it being actual reporting or reasoned analysis. Well, it''s extremely cheap to use worthless puff sent in by agents and agents PR. Read the Sun by all means, but at least recognise the laugh is being had at your expense. As to the story it will have coome from the same source as much of Sky/News International stuff. Some pimply intern trawling the net to fill up the pages, irrespective of any worth or merit to the story. As said before I would be very surprised if Lambert left to join a ''basket case'' club, with all the resulting problems. If Lambert wants one of the real jobs at the top then he will know he has to prove himself - consistently. That won''t be done by signing up with a club that is run by some megomanic, cynical asset stripper or foreign money launderer. I would also add that he would be joining a club that has every likelihood of going tits up, but I know the Sun won''t print such naughty words as tits - it does show pictures of women with no top on though. Wow, how do they get away with that in 21st century ?[/quote]

Compared to the Indy on a monday the Sun is fantastic.The Championship barely gets a mention.In fact Spanish and Italian football get more column inches than us.

Also,being old enough and cynical enough,i take everything i read in the Sun with a large pinch of salt,and to be honest,if i want a proper report on the game,i will come on here and read Ricardos or Hucks'' anyway. It''s simply a case of enjoying a quick read of the stats,figures etc.

(And ps.You will be glad to know that i don''t buy it,i pinch a work colleagues copy[;)])