Sign in to follow this  
youngriles

Is anyone else gutted that...

...Sam Parkin supposedly only cost Cardiff £100k... I''m sure his wages are a fair amount, but isn''t that the same fee we paid for Wilbraham? I know who I would rather have.

Loving the michael brown rumours, but felt today was another reiterance of us needing another top quality striker. Would love to see us bring back Earnie--- isn''t his contract up at the end of the season? Not sure I am in the real world with that one, but he did seem to love it here

Jon Parkin is not Sam Parkin. Plus he''s a terrible fat c''unt who was awful against us for Preston earlier this season, all he did today was one good finish, the rest of the time he was well off the pace

yeh sorry, jon parkin even!

thought he was pretty good today though, had a much better touch than Holty did today unfortunately. if he had Holts work ethic and competitive edge he would be a world beater!

You cannot possibly ssay that Jon Parkin is not good. [:|]

Now I''m not criticising Holt, but have you ever seen him hit a goal like he did today?

[quote user="youngriles"]yeh sorry, jon parkin even! thought he was pretty good today though, had a much better touch than Holty did today unfortunately. if he had Holts work ethic and competitive edge he would be a world beater![/quote]

Today he looked more like a panel beater.

The only thing thing that should be gutted is him.

[quote user="Depraved"]1 goal does not make a great player.
[/quote]

I think we learnt that when we signed David Nielson..

I caught todays game on an internet stream, in Welsh......I swear that when the camera settled on Jon Parkin halfway through the second half the commentary went as follows."PwllPwywllp pwwmwllpp lpppwwwwplll wywmmwwywl lwypmpmpwl steak and kidney pie and pint of ale pwywwlpwp wwmwlllwmm Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Depraved"]1 goal does not make a great player.
[/quote]

I think we learnt that when we signed David Nielson..

[/quote]

and marc libbra

If they did with him what they did with Grant (i.e make him lose weight and become fitter) then he''d be one hell of a player and it''d be like having 2 Holts - scary

Wilbraham looked sharper more mobile and more in tune with what his teamates were doing toay so it looks like the coaches work at Colney is producng results.

Parkins goal was unstoppable and he would certainly add to our squad but thats not going to happen! 

[quote user="Barnett is King"]You cannot possibly ssay that Jon Parkin is not good. [:|]

Now I''m not criticising Holt, but have you ever seen him hit a goal like he did today?[/quote]

Yes last season volley from edge of box Bristol rovers, and 3 more against the scum this season, Parkins goal was a miss kick it was nothing more than a fluke, as his other attempts show what a pisspoor player he is  

Parkin looked as if he''d eaten our squad.....and was about to start on his team for pudding....

Top unstoppable finish.....but apart from that, and a few bits of stuff - he just ambled around like a sasquatch....

Ok ok, maybe parking is a slightly better deal than wilbraham, but there are other comparisons we should look at. For example, on yesterday''s performance, and for his performances all season, I would rather have R Martin in my squad than Bellamy. And Fox completely bossed the middle of the park, with Whittingham having a quiet game by his standards. Let us not complain and criticise! We are a great team right now.