Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzys Ref Watch

Keith Stroud.

Never on the pitch at Carrow Road has the enjoyment of so many been spoilt by so few, (Sorry Winston).

He missed several big points in this game.

Holt WAS fouled in the box and it should have been a penalty, this (non) decison was made even worse by the fact that Holt had fallen over a few moments earlier and won a free kick. (Perhaps thats why we didn''t get it!)

He denied both sides some stonewall decisons (and throw ins when ably abetted by the appalling lino with the Yellow flag), and gave them the other way.

Lost virtually all his authority when he was ''played'' by the Cardiff players - they kicked the ball away at the award of every free kick against them, then stood and blocked the taking of virtually every one too, which resulted in no yellow cards being awarded. Booking one or two in situations like this soon stop it when the players can see you mean business.

Heaton in the Cardiff goal should have been yellow carded for timewasting, it took Mr Stroud 42 minutes before telling him to get on with it and even then he was mighty slow.

Chris Martin could easily have been sent off, he needs to look at his self discipline. Lumping into players when the Ref isnt looking will be pulled up by a lino who is watching as opposed to a Ref who isnt.

Two horrendous challenges from Cardiff players could have resulted in red cards, one got a yellow following the melee in which Chris Martin was also booked - I hope this isnt another failure to control players charge looming - the second got away scot free right towards the end of the game.

It''s a miracle that Bellamy actually gets to finish any game at all, he could be sent off for dissent at every game based on today.

I thought the Refs positioning was dreadful perhaps he didn''t have clear view of the penalty, and, on two occaisions got tangled up in play in the middle of the pitch when he could have benefitted by being further out wide.

Apart from all of that he didn''t have a bad match...

Keith Stroud - 3 would struggle in the Anglian Combination with performances like that.

Good summary.. agree entirely.. one of the worst we''ve seen in a long while.

The game was too big for him and he lost control very early on and was never going to get it back!

I haven''t reffereed for a couple of years but i think i could''ve kept control of it better than that.

Awful!

Yes, Kevin Stroud had a stinker today.The desperation of the crowd was perhaps best summed up by the Barclay with the old 60''s chant of :" Who''s your father, who''s your father, who''s your father referee.....you ''aint got one, never ''ad one, you''re a b*stard referee. "Been a long time since that one''s been heard at Carrow Road......

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Keith Stroud.

Never on the pitch at Carrow Road has the enjoyment of so many been spoilt by so few, (Sorry Winston).

He missed several big points in this game.

Holt WAS fouled in the box and it should have been a penalty, this (non) decison was made even worse by the fact that Holt had fallen over a few moments earlier and won a free kick. (Perhaps thats why we didn''t get it!)

He denied both sides some stonewall decisons (and throw ins when ably abetted by the appalling lino with the Yellow flag), and gave them the other way.

Lost virtually all his authority when he was ''played'' by the Cardiff players - they kicked the ball away at the award of every free kick against them, then stood and blocked the taking of virtually every one too, which resulted in no yellow cards being awarded. Booking one or two in situations like this soon stop it when the players can see you mean business.

Heaton in the Cardiff goal should have been yellow carded for timewasting, it took Mr Stroud 42 minutes before telling him to get on with it and even then he was mighty slow.

Chris Martin could easily have been sent off, he needs to look at his self discipline. Lumping into players when the Ref isnt looking will be pulled up by a lino who is watching as opposed to a Ref who isnt.

Two horrendous challenges from Cardiff players could have resulted in red cards, one got a yellow following the melee in which Chris Martin was also booked - I hope this isnt another failure to control players charge looming - the second got away scot free right towards the end of the game.

It''s a miracle that Bellamy actually gets to finish any game at all, he could be sent off for dissent at every game based on today.

I thought the Refs positioning was dreadful perhaps he didn''t have clear view of the penalty, and, on two occaisions got tangled up in play in the middle of the pitch when he could have benefitted by being further out wide.

Apart from all of that he didn''t have a bad match...

Keith Stroud - 3 would struggle in the Anglian Combination with performances like that.

[/quote]

Agree, you do feel that Bellars gets away with murder when it comes to dissent. Stroud was poor today, pointing the wrong way on the "is it a throw or a free kick" debarcle, seemed to sum him up. Another one of those refs who makes a great theatrical point of holding his watch on time wasting or pacing out 10 yards, but gets the big decisions wrong. 3 is generous but I think you get 1 for wearing the right kit so I guess it''s not far off.    

Stroud''s decisions today were appalling. Although it says on the match report that he''s from Hampshire, I thought that he was either from Suffolk or Wales. Heaton should have definately been booked for time-wasting, he seemed to favour Cardiff for most of the game, and so in the end we all started singing to him.

Bellamy does get away with murder regarding dissent. In the first half you could clearly see him ranting and raving at the ref waving his arms about like a lunatic. If that''s not dissent I don''t know what is. The refs seem to be afraid of upsetting him, but his behavious towards the referees is unacceptable. If you don''t caution a player for behaving like that, he will think he can do it every game, and it encourages his team mates to have a go if they see he isn''t getting cautioned for it.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Michael Oliver was poor here and is not refing the prem, hopefully this chap will too.[/quote]

Michael Oliver was poor at Reading, but I think he reffed Blackpool v Liverpool last week. He''s obviously served his sentence!