Sign in to follow this  
Tubbs & Edward

Moving away from our fine county...............HELP!!!!!

The time has finally arrived for me to retire from the job I''ve held for the last thirty three years, & it''s not a decision arrived at lightly.

With retirement comes many issues, but the most pressing of these is our imminent relocation to the west country. My wife & family have stuck by my decision to move to Norfolk back in the late seventies, and we can honestly say that we have enjoyed our time here in this fine county. We have raised our family to respect & love Norfolk, as it has been their home for their entire lifetimes. So the decision to move away has not been taken lightly, but the needs of family & relations have to take precedence in our decision to uproot & head West.

However, one of the more pressing concerns for me is how can I possibly listen to match commentaries whilst in deepest, darkest Devon?

I am calling on posters, such as Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox to advise me with what to do.

Having been a season ticket holder at Carrow Road since the early eighties, I feel that I simply can''t change my long allegience to City, & refuse point blank to cross over to the local sides, such as Exeter City, Plymuff or God forbid, Torquay!

Is there any way I can access the weekly Radio Norfolk coverage via digital radio, sattelite TV or on-line, as I will be lost without this vital point of contact.

I know that this site offers blow-by-blow updates on games, but it simply isn''t the same.

Having given this issue a lot of thought, it would appear that the only way is to glue myself to the very limited coverage offered by the BBC''s Football League Show, complete with the weekly Leeds ''love-in'', Claridge''s pearls of wisdom, and worst of all, that dreadful female commentator, who appears to have compiled her account of the game whilst engrossed in the latest copy of ''Hello'' magazine!

Please help me resolve this situation if you can, but please can we have none of the ''put your foot down mate, just tell the missus your not going'' scenarios, thanks guys!

Subscribe as I do to CanariesWorld and you can listen to match commentaries home and away. If you have a good laptop or pc you can also watch matches online occasionally via myp2p.eu, atdhe etc, and hopefully quite frequently next season if we make the Prem.

Yes, Canaries World is well worth it for an exiled fan, you get to listen to Chris and Neal on Radio Norfolk via the link on the Official Site, see interviews and highlights all for around £35 for a season.

You can also listen to other teams commentary if you really want to; I''ve done so on a couple of occasions; and if you do, it makes you realise how good the Radio Norfolk commentary is.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Yes, Canaries World is well worth it for an exiled fan, you get to listen to Chris and Neal on Radio Norfolk via the link on the Official Site, see interviews and highlights all for around £35 for a season.

You can also listen to other teams commentary if you really want to; I''ve done so on a couple of occasions; and if you do, it makes you realise how good the Radio Norfolk commentary is.

[/quote]

Never mind the commentary! Canary Call is hilarious, especially with numpties like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLsh9QtZMg