Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Russell Martin song.

There''s only one Russell Martin

Used to be shite

But now he''s alright

Walking in a Martin Wonderland?

That pretty much judges my opinion on him, and probably quite a few others.

Thoughts if any?

First line is fine, last is ok, rest is rubbish as he was never a ***, just finally getting the recognition he deserves.My POTS so far, played every game, scored a couple of crackers, statistically and realistically one of the best defenders in the league, gives his all for the club and always has (even when some fans continously slated him on here and at the games), battles on no matter what (teeth being knocked out, studs down his leg), attacks and defends with equal effectiveness, flexible at RB or CB when needed (even LB on occasion) and simply has been the most consistent player we''ve had this season.There''s only one Russell Martin, one Russell Martin! There''s only one Russell Martin

He was seen as a weak link in our team at the start of the season, and quite rightly so, as he wasn''t half the player last season he has been this season. But he has improved alot. It''s tongue in cheek the song really but I think he as a person would like it.

I agree he has definately improved this season and really stepped up to the championship but i just never saw what others did about him being a weak link last season. As said numerous times before, other than the Orient away game when many had shockers i dont remember a really poor performance from him. Solid, dependable and a key to our promotion as he was often covering for a certain Mr Doherty''s mistakes. *Waiting for certain posters inevitable reaction*

Far too harsh! Let''s celebrate rather than deprecate...this is the version I''m championing:There''s only one Russell MartinOne Russell MartinHe wears number twoThe Norfolk CafuWalking in a Martin Wonderland

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Far too harsh! Let''s celebrate rather than deprecate...this is the version I''m championing:There''s only one Russell MartinOne Russell MartinHe wears number twoThe Norfolk CafuWalking in a Martin Wonderland[/quote]That''s quality... let''s make it happen!

Much prefer the second chant. He was never bad and I thought last season he was solid without being spectacular. Given that we also had Jon Otsemobor playing in that position before him, he already represented a massive improvement by just being steady. Martin also had some really good games like at Wycombe where his pace got us out of trouble on numerous occasions. I will admit I thought he would struggle to make the step up but he has been magnificent this season. Definitely got my vote for player of the year so far as Crofty has tailed off a little bit.

Me and a few other in Block E tried to get a chorus of:

"He''s the Norfolk Cafu,

He''s the Norfolk Cafuuuuuuuuuuu

His name''s Russell Martin, he''s the Norfolk Cafu"

Going after his goal on Saturday, unfortunatly only about 7 people joined in haha.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Far too harsh! Let''s celebrate rather than deprecate...this is the version I''m championing:There''s only one Russell MartinOne Russell MartinHe wears number twoThe Norfolk CafuWalking in a Martin Wonderland[/quote]

LOVE IT!!!!

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]There''s only one Russell Martin

Used to be shite

But now he''s alright

Walking in a Martin Wonderland?

That pretty much judges my opinion on him, and probably quite a few others.

Thoughts if any?[/quote]We sang that about Matty Patty a couple of seasons ago, think it was at Doncaster away.

There''s only two City Martins

Two City Martins

One scores the goals

The other''s called Chris

Walking in a Russell wonderland

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Far too harsh! Let''s celebrate rather than deprecate...this is the version I''m championing:

One Russell Martin
He wears number two
The Norfolk Cafu
Walking in a Martin Wonderland
[/quote]

Love

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Far too harsh! Let''s celebrate rather than deprecate...this is the version I''m championing:

One Russell Martin
He wears number two
The Norfolk Cafu
[/quote]

Love

One Russell Martin
He wears number two
The Norfolk Cafu
[/quote]

i hope i will get a mention as cowriter s10  [;)]

[quote user="Lambo"]Me and a few other in Block E tried to get a chorus of:

"He''s the Norfolk Cafu,

He''s the Norfolk Cafuuuuuuuuuuu

His name''s Russell Martin, he''s the Norfolk Cafu"

Going after his goal on Saturday, unfortunatly only about 7 people joined in haha.[/quote]That explains why we didn''t hear it then in C [:P]