Sign in to follow this  
David Fox For England

Henri Lansbury's loan extension

no nothing has yet been confirmed. we will have to wait till the end to the week i recon

Talksport''s the only one I''ve seen, and it doesn''t actually have a quote in it. Being that they were the first sport organisation to say Lambert had resigned the other week, I don''t really trust what they say.

All they said was that there was rumors he''d resigned in their defense. They never said anything concrete.

It is all just tittle-tattle to be honest. Lansbury wants to play for Arsenal and may have that chance soon.

From what I have heard from former colleagues at Arsenal is that Wenger is considering promoting Lansbury to a more important role in the Arsenal team, with regular places on the subs bench as well as some starts in the rotation policy. Lansbury is considered a central midfielder who can also play on the wings and with Denilson and Arsahvin both playing very poorly at the moment another option is needed in both those positions. They have said to me that it is likely than Lansbury will not be allowed to return to Norwich.

I will add a caveat to this though, the people I know at Arsenal aren''t always the most accurate and it is hard to seperate opinion and facts. They have been right about many things (they tipped me off that Lansbury was coming a few days before he did) but they have also been wrong about a lot of things.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-lansbury-will-be-an-arsenal-playerI know this article is a couple of weeks old, but you would think that with Arsenal still in four competitions this season, Lansbury at 20 years old must be due a chance at the Emirates. Wenger knows he won''t be able to hold onto Fabregas past this summer, so he''s bound to want to see what replacements he has in the youth system, as his policy has always been to promote from within rather than splashing out big on high-profile players. This is just speculation, of course, but I fear the worst on this one.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Talksport''s the only one I''ve seen, and it doesn''t actually have a quote in it. Being that they were the first sport organisation to say Lambert had resigned the other week, I don''t really trust what they say.[/quote]the station is being renamed on 1st february to something far mor fitting its image and presenters... it will be known as Talksh*te!

Can''t see that he''d get in the Arsenal team at the moment or even see much action from the bench so I''d be surprised if he isn''t here a little longer.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]Talksport''s the only one I''ve seen, and it doesn''t actually have a quote in it. Being that they were the first sport organisation to say Lambert had resigned the other week, I don''t really trust what they say.[/quote]

the station is being renamed on 1st february to something far mor fitting its image and presenters... it will be known as Talksh*te!
[/quote]

Yeah, they do make things up !!! 24 million for Darren Bent to Villa...... that has got to be an invention...... LOL

No news is good news and as we have no offical statement from the club we can but pray he stays till the end of the season. [:D]

I''d be suprised if the club issue a statement saying they have failed to extend Lansbury''s loan, I think it''s far more likely that they''ll drop it in during a good news moment such as the unveiling of signing No.3 or in a post match interview after a win. Lansbury is clearly a talented player but we are not short of midfield options, step forward Andrew Surman.

Makes me wonder if  Wenger will use Lansbury against Leeds, and in the semi-final second leg against Ip- er, them, which will allow him to rest Fabregas or similar.  Lansbury knows the level after all.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]Talksport''s the only one I''ve seen, and it doesn''t actually have a quote in it. Being that they were the first sport organisation to say Lambert had resigned the other week, I don''t really trust what they say.[/quote]the station is being renamed on 1st february to something far mor fitting its image and presenters... it will be known as Talksh*te![/quote]

Yeah, they do make things up !!! 24 million for Darren Bent to Villa...... that has got to be an invention...... LOL

[/quote]Well, 18 million is pretty close.  Whats'' 6 million between football clubs ?

£24m with add-ons. Hope one of those add-ons is Darren Bent lands on the moon, otherwise this is a crazy deal.

On the topic of Lansbury, wouldn''t be surprised at all to see him in both cup games. Maybe if he is rubbish we will be allowed to have him back.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

£24m with add-ons. Hope one of those add-ons is Darren Bent lands on the moon, otherwise this is a crazy deal.

On the topic of Lansbury, wouldn''t be surprised at all to see him in both cup games. Maybe if he is rubbish we will be allowed to have him back.

[/quote]If he is rubbish, would we want him back? [;)]

I would like to keep him but not particularly bothered if we don''t. He''s decent enough but some people went a bit overboard on the back oor 2 or 3 reasonable displays. In my view Hoolahan is better than him at the tip of the diamond and has been playing better. Martin can also play well there.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I would like to keep him but not particularly bothered if we don''t. He''s decent enough but some people went a bit overboard on the back oor 2 or 3 reasonable displays. In my view Hoolahan is better than him at the tip of the diamond and has been playing better. Martin can also play well there.[/quote]

I''d like to keep him but I can see where you''re coming from. He started on a high with us and since then his performances have been a bit more average.

Thought he had a decent go against Cardiff but it was obvious he was a bit rusty after injury.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]If he is rubbish, would we want him back? [;)]

[/quote]

Catch 22 I would say.

What I liked about Lansbury is not only his ability to pass the ball well, but he is a little more direct than some of our existing players and keeps the tempo moving faster. Our midfield are great at passing the ball and moving it around, but the tempo is often too slow, allowing defenders to get into position and turn to face the ball, adding a bit of extra tempo means never letting the opposition''s defence to settle. Norwich did this brilliantly against Ipswich in the first half and in the first 20mins against Derby -- both of which were Lansbury''s best games for us.