Sign in to follow this  
Phyxius

Football League Show

Made me sick hearing a womans voice in a commentaryalso was definately a blooming peno

The thing about it is the BBC only do it because shes a woman and not a good commentator, trying to look good morally and not be sexist.Pretty stupid tbh being as like someone said earlier sounds like a 13 year old boy. when parkin scored her excitement just sounded so stupid

It''s political correctness gone mad!! That''s an insult to have that shrill, whiney woman try and commentate on our game. Had to mute my telly.Women: Know your limits!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Have to say I can''t take her seriously when I hear her commentary on any game.This is not a sexist thing, just she doesn''t seem to have great voive control and she seems to scream to show excitement.

She mentioned that Norwich hadn''t defended well in the first 10 mins even though Cardiff hadn''t scored yet...buy a new watch!!

Listening to the comentary  it was as if she wasnt actually at the game and was dubbed in later on in the studio . One quote from her was norwich are poor for the first 10 minuets as cardiff were on top , then 7 mins in they score there goal  hows that 7 mins comes before 10 mins have been played surely .A totaly ameature effort its not being sexist ,its that she aint a very good comentator .

She sounded like an out of tune Short-wave radio transmission......

"Weeeeeeeooooooaaaahhhhbleepscreepneeeeeeepip...pipweeeeeeooooooaaaahhhhhsneeeeeeereeeek......GOAL!"

She wasn''t great but the commentary on FLS is always pretty bad. Didn''t seem any better or worse than usual.

Nice to get a full highlights package for our game though. Looked a great one.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I have no problem with the concept of a female comentator, but she is bloody terrible!
[/quote]

Agree completely . Clare Balding is a good female presenter and commentator. This one is terrible. "if the ball (that hit the bar) had been a few inches lower it would surely have been a goal" Pure genius.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I have no problem with the concept of a female comentator, but she is bloody terrible![/quote]

Agree completely . Clare Balding is a good female presenter and commentator. This one is terrible. "if the ball (that hit the bar) had been a few inches lower it would surely have been a goal" Pure genius.

[/quote]And, of course, male commentators NEVER say anything so farcical do they???I''ve not watch The FLS yet so cannot comment on her voice. As a woman I object to positive discrimination. A person should be in a post because they can do the job well, not to make up numbers of a particular race, orientation or sex.

She''s a truly terrible commentator.

Shrill voice, cliche''s in abundance (I think she said "great strike" twice in succession for their goal-and then again when we hit the bar!), and, as has already been pointed out, the "if that had been a few inches lower, it would surely have been a goal" was pure Partridge.

Half expected her to say "eat my goal" at some point!

The problem with all these games now having their own commentator is that there are some pretty awful ones amongst the collection-Roger Johnson is another, and I note Tony Gubba still gets the odd game. Oi, Gubba-NO! Stick to presenting obscure sports, please!

Good old BBC she''ll be retired by the time she reaches puberty.  Truly awful commentary.  Let her commentate on womens football.

[quote user="pete"]Good old BBC she''ll be retired by the time she reaches puberty.  Truly awful commentary.  Let her commentate on womens football.[/quote]

That''s a bit of an insult to womens football.Why should they have to put up with that shrill noise as well[:P]

Overall good set of highlights this week,and i quite like Claridge.

The BBC has to meet the quota for females and Asians on their shows. But to be fair, we have always had good coverage on the Football league Show, they dont always say nice things about us but they do often show a lot of our games, We got a lot of coverage when in league 1 and this year they havent shown many feature length games in League 1 so we''ve done ok.

WITS, i don''t think its a sexist thing. Its just her. She is annoying! Why not get the woman from M&S adverts or Karen Brady! (she has a lush voice!) BUt the woman that commentated on our game, dreadful!

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]WITS, i don''t think its a sexist thing. Its just her. She is annoying! Why not get the woman from M&S adverts or Karen Brady! (she has a lush voice!) BUt the woman that commentated on our game, dreadful!
[/quote]

But they''ll still be clueless :/

Can''t get use to a women commentating on mens football, it''s just not right. [:@] I didn''t see the game last night but normally turn off any radio or TV coverage when it''s a women commetator doing football.

I can''t see what the issues with a woman commentator are and feel a little disappointed with some of the comments on this thread.

Getting back to the actual programme I have to say Lizzie''s stretchy blue dress was a surprise as it revealed a rather large top rack I have failed to notice before. Did any one else clock that?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Not being sexist but it was poor :-( It''s about anouying as the fells that does football on 5(robot earshot)[/quote]Mention to say fella and robot wars. Bloody phone txt grrrrrrrrr lol

Truly awful. I did not actually think she had been at the match - it sounded as if it had been dubbed. Gave very little credit to some superb football provided by the Canaries. As has already been stated, typical BBC political correctness.

I am getting on a bit, but even I noticed whats her name - Lizzie.