Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Why has Cardiff not sold out?

[quote user="snakepitnr1"]I agree we will continue to watch norwich away but due to a number of things at home games being treated sub humanely like i said we wont renew our season tickets.[/quote]

.......might be a very difficult choice if we go up?

I agree that paying over £30 for a standard seat for a 2nd Division game is too much and the main reason why Cardiffs away support was low yesterday.

But as pointed out the cheapest home areas namely the Wensum City stand corner infill and the Aviva uper tier were the only areas of the ground with substantial numbers of empty seats!

I don''t get the Snakepit fans agrievement about the prices cause they pay the same for their season ticket as the Barclay standers do and the prices for next season in these areas still work out  under £20 a game if the fan go to every home game and we''re in the Championship. Even if we get promoted this season and we subsequently have less home games in the Premiership the prices will be over £20 which is not excessive for that level!

The biggest area they have got it wrong is the massive increases in the lounges area of the City stand. This stand was built in 1986, now 25 years ago when it as by far the best stand in the ground. Since then the old Barclay and South Stand have been replaced by better more luxurious versions. Therefore the arguement that the extra costs of sitting in the lounge areas are because of the superior facilities don''t apply cause the large Barclay stand bar is better than the cramped bar areas in the lounges of the City stand. 

Overall I understand why Mcnally has raised prices and in a succesful season it works cause casual fans will pay to e the team challenging but have a poor S cum like campaign and the high casual prices will mean that hardly any casual fans would come to home games. Just ask the many S cum fans who only go to occasional games now beause they have been priced out.

I will make one recommndation - If we get a lower League club at home in one of the cups in an early round next season, the club shouldn''t charge more than £10 or adult given our atroious record in cups in recent years and the clubs half hearted approach to such games!  

I think some fans aren''t getting my message sorry. One of my gripes is the ticket pricing to fans. Not my season ticket that''s fine good price for good football. But you have to look at the bigger picture. We feel our club is losing its way of being Norfolks locals boys club. We dont want to become this massive corporate club which will in turn raise the costs slowly. Remember Mcnally has a 6 year plan or whatever it is and i will tell you this, his plan is not to just get us settled in the premiership, his main plan is to make large amounts of money. He will do this anyway that is possible he doesn''t care for the fans. Others may disagree and welcome this, i don''t and wont support Mcnally and his propaganda.

If the club makes loads of money in the next few years it will probably mean that the team would have been successful which is what we all want!

I 1st went to Carrow Road in the 1950''s when the players earned the same as people in mainstream jobs and football clubs were exactly that and not really businesses. Unfortunately we live in a different era where winning and squeezing money out of anything you can is the way of the world. Yes I''d love to go back to the days of turning up to Carrow Road paying a quid to stand on the River end, South stand or Barclay terrace and move to the other end of the pitch where Norwich were attacking in the 2nd half but these days have gone. If the club wasn''t run like a business then it probably would of gone bust by now or we''d be a lower Division club. I''m afraid if you want the club to do well then your "Eutopia" like vision of the club is not possible snakepit. Yes Mcnallys been harsh but that what needed to happen at the club and  I have to say that his presence at our club is overall a very, very positive thing! 

Anyway at last nights AGM Bowkett aparently told some fans that prices can''t go much higher cause people can only afford so much!