Sign in to follow this  
Norwich News

Elliot Bennett From Brighton to sign on Monday

Lifted from the North stand site

"I think the only way Norwich would be able to afford Bennett is if they chucked in Hoolahan & Crofts PLUS £1million.

There''s no way a club of Norwich''s stature could afford Bennett on his own"

HRH

Wishful thinking on their fans part, he may be a decent player but if they think he''s worth more than 1.5 million when he''s played all his football in league 1 they''re totally deluded. Personally I think it''s very possible he wants to come here and Brighton quite understandably are trying to get a bidding war going to get what they can for him. According to someone reporting from the agm on wotb when asked the question about whether Bennett would come they refused to comment so read into that what you will. At the end of the day if he wants to leave he''ll leave, doesn''t matter what Brighton think.

[quote user="Wxyz"]Jay Emanuel Thomas off to Cardiff and QPR on the verge of signing Routledge , we could do with a couple of decent signings to show our intent .[/quote]Definitely..Waghorn going to Derby on loan I think - would have been good. We need winger though and hopefully we can sort it out. Bennett would have been great, but maybe we have to look elsewhere now. Be very gutted if he signed for someone else in Championship in this window though.

Knowing how these things work i would have thought that if we are going in with further bids we must at least think there is a reasonable prospect he will come if one is accepted. Perhaps been tipped the wink by his agent.

As for the medical at Colney today comment above from a decent source or just a juvenile wind-up?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Wishful thinking on their fans part, he may be a decent player but if they think he''s worth more than 1.5 million when he''s played all his football in league 1 they''re totally deluded. Personally I think it''s very possible he wants to come here and Brighton quite understandably are trying to get a bidding war going to get what they can for him. According to someone reporting from the agm on wotb when asked the question about whether Bennett would come they refused to comment so read into that what you will. At the end of the day if he wants to leave he''ll leave, doesn''t matter what Brighton think.
[/quote]

Bennett played for Wolves apparently previously outside of Div1.

I not see Norwich to pay this money at all but if we really have in mind to spend this money there ismuch more useful players for this price.

Lets attention to one striker who play in my country Bulgaria.

Levski Sofia badly need money and try to sell his main striker somwhere.

He is so much good and is exactly big target man who never give up and have great runs also score many goals + have great deffensive bocks and is 6 fut etc.

He is a French called Gara Dembele.

look here for him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garra_Dembele

he is improued a lot since play here last 2 years.

look some of his goals he is really on fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyshni0a9UY

Grettings from Bulgaria I come end of month for Palace and Millwall games hope good rezults :p

Thanks for the tip-off Boris, but so often players who do really well at home don''t often manage it in England.  Norwich fans will tell you about Drazen Muzinic, or David Strihavka more recently, as 2 examples of these players.

I know but he is not eastern europe mental he is frenchman he is strong and also play very well in Uefa Europa League scoring 5 goals against top oponents.

Im sure he can be great for championhsip but question is we really have 600-700k to spend or not........

I don''t think Lambert has ever signed a player from outside of England, Scotland or Ireland. I seem to remember him saying he wouldn''t being signing players from overseas as it represents too much of a risk. I can understand his point of view (especially considering some of the awful players Norwich have signed before), but there is certainly a lot more value in bringing in players from Europe.

Hi Boris,Having watched the youtube clip and if i was asked the question Wilbrahams or Dembele then Dembele gets the nod, direct fast strong and scores goals. Are you his agent?

HRH

The problem is that if WE cant understand Lambert how is Dembele going to. As part of fundraising NCFC are raising funds by charging £30 to have breakfast with Lambert, unfortunately the price has doubled to £60 due to interpreter fee''s.

HRH

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Hi Boris,Having watched the youtube clip and if i was asked the question Wilbrahams or Dembele then Dembele gets the nod, direct fast strong and scores goals. Are you his agent?

HRH[/quote]

ofc im not his agent unfortunetly :)

simply i like so much football and watch it evry week and here in Bulgaria 6 out of 8 games is live on tv.Other thing is that i red evry day that levski try to sell him because need badly money .Dembele make great season score superb goals and is only 24 with French pass + 6ft 1 inch strong black player........

Im sure if PL see him and research for this player can be interested coz If promotion favorite like Cardiff have John Parkin to lead the line lol Dembele is classes abouve

I would certainly prefer taking a shot at Dembele than gambling more than a million on Bennett, who only played in 2 league cup games for Wolves before going to Brighton for £200,000 a year and a half ago.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I would certainly prefer taking a shot at Dembele than gambling more than a million on Bennett, who only played in 2 league cup games for Wolves before going to Brighton for £200,000 a year and a half ago.[/quote]

According SKY Celtic have big interest about Dembele:/

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6673931,00.html

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I would certainly prefer taking a shot at Dembele than gambling more than a million on Bennett, who only played in 2 league cup games for Wolves before going to Brighton for £200,000 a year and a half ago.[/quote]Charlie Austin was bought for a pittance from Poole Town a year and a half ago. Danny Graham was signed on a free after having been let go from Carlisle United a year and a half ago. Steve Morison was bought from Stevenage for £130,000 a year and a half ago. Max Gradel, a relatively similar style of player to Bennett, was bought rather cheaply from the Leicester reserves by Leeds only a mere year ago.A year is a heck of a long time in football.

They don''t sound as confident of keeping him as when they first spoke of our interest, sounds a bit desperate, maybe Bennett wants to come?http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/8803010.Albion_admits_players_could_go___but_not_Bennett_/[quote]"We''re just trying to make sure Elliott stays here," Poyet said. "We''re fighting hard and we hope he is going to be here.

"There have been, as you can imagine, contacts, phone calls and things

going on but we''re trying to maintain what the chairman said to

everyone in his statement and that is still the situation."[/quote]

"There have been, as you can imagine, contacts, phone calls and things going on but we''re trying to maintain what the chairman said to everyone in his statement and that is still the situation."

Note the negative phraseology; ''trying to'' appears a weak attempt to stave off the inevitable player sale to me!

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Loadsa money in the transfer-kitty......if we sell Hoolahan......
[/quote]

Soo much piss, not enough fires.

[/quote]

If you were to unfortunately suffer from spontaneous human combustion as I was passing you by (and I had a full bladder)..........

Tough decision, but I really require every drop of urine - for when I do find a real fire.....

[quote user="now youre gotta believe us....."]you sound very sure??!!![/quote]

The only way he can be sure is if he''d spotted him in Asda car park beforehand.

Behind Shola Ameobi.

And Steffan Iverson