Sign in to follow this  
Norwich News

Elliot Bennett From Brighton to sign on Monday

PL wont swap Jackson for Bennett:Number 1: Strikers available: Holt, Martin, Jackson, Wilbrahim.There wont be enough adequate cover in the squad and PL wouldnt of let Oli go out on loan if he was letting him go.Also remember that Bennett is his third and final as he has been quoted as saying target of the window (3 was said after Barnett) so he wouldnt be bringing another in.Number 2: Striker and Right Midfield. Totally different positions?!If we sign Bennett I doubt we will see Lansbury back here.

[quote user="Norwich News"]This has apeared on their main North Stand Chat forum as well, and they are up in arms about it.  He seems to be one of the players they would least like to leave. A friend from college who works on the marketing side of things on their new ground said it is a deal way down the line to completion, and one of the worst kept secrets at the club.[/quote]

So is it still happening then?

I''d say no Cityangel..and I fail to see how a deal is way down the line to completion when they''ve said he''s not for sale. I''d imagine the ''friend at college'' stuff is a load of balls, but it is obvious we are interested - unless Brighton have suddenly pulled out of a deal to up the price I don''t think we ever really got close to getting him

There is clearly something in this so its not a completely unfounded rumour. The original rumour under a different thread about us being in for Bennett appears to have been correct. However it does appear that any deal is still some way off. Unless we are going to splash some serious cash i feel its going to be very hard for us to convince Brighton to sell given the position they are in and the message it would send out. Guess it depends on how much Lambo wants his man and the extent to which we are prepared to "go for it." We haven''t spent much on Wilbraham and Tierney so you would hope that we have a bit of cash to play with if we really want Bennett.

I asked Pete for my original thread to be deleted as my source was getting nervy that I made it a bit to obvious who he was. He has now been outed again on this thread by someone quoting me anyway so it was futile.

Oops.

[quote user="All in Yellow"]I asked Pete for my original thread to be deleted as my source was getting nervy that I made it a bit to obvious who he was. He has now been outed again on this thread by someone quoting me anyway so it was futile. Oops.[/quote]

Without dropping your source in it any further do you know if there have been any developments?

Vital Brighton reporting they have turned down a £1 million bid from Norwich .

That was the exact figure I heard in the first place.

PS - To those that read my original thread in which I said I nearly didn''t bother posting because of those posters that just want to shoot you down in flames. Read the first couple of pages of this thread.

It''s been reported that we bid 1 million for Bennett which they turned down! Shocked that they actually turned that down to be honest. At least we know, we do have some money!

Jay Emanuel Thomas off to Cardiff and QPR on the verge of signing Routledge , we could do with a couple of decent signings to show our intent .

Realistically how far does everybody think we should be bidding for this lad?

The Brighton fans seem to think that they should be taking nothing less than 1.5 to 2 mil...

Is he worth it? and if not who else should we be after if we’re going to spend that level of money?

Brighton had an online Q&A with Gus Poyet today, and his responces to questions about Bennet make things seem less certain than the Chairman. When asked if Bennet was staying (which happened several times) his answers were along the "I hope so", "I want him to", "he is important" lines rather than anything more definite.

Probably reading too much into it, but seems a bit of a back down. To be honest, I''m not sure I would want Norwich to splash £1m on young winger when we don''t use wingers too often and it is a bit of a gamble on an untested player. Lambert seems to have a good eye for players though and has certainly seen more of the guy than I have.

No Bethnal, you may have something there. Maybe Bennett''s said he wants to go and they''re just holding out for more. My opinion is that this isn''t dead in the water just yet.....

If we''ve really bid that much then it has come from another round of revenue raising around local businesses and HNWIs. There''s simply no way in the world that after Wilbraham, Tierney and Barnett (Leon won''t have come at a snip that''s for sure) we''d have a million quid in the transfer kitty to play with.

[quote user="a1canary"]If we''ve really bid that much then it has come from another round of revenue raising around local businesses and HNWIs. There''s simply no way in the world that after Wilbraham, Tierney and Barnett (Leon won''t have come at a snip that''s for sure) we''d have a million quid in the transfer kitty to play with.

[/quote]

So tell me how many season tickets were renewed early?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Brighton had an online Q&A with Gus Poyet today, and his responces to questions about Bennet make things seem less certain than the Chairman. When asked if Bennet was staying (which happened several times) his answers were along the "I hope so", "I want him to", "he is important" lines rather than anything more definite.

Probably reading too much into it, but seems a bit of a back down. To be honest, I''m not sure I would want Norwich to splash £1m on young winger when we don''t use wingers too often and it is a bit of a gamble on an untested player. Lambert seems to have a good eye for players though and has certainly seen more of the guy than I have.

[/quote]

Byy all accounts he''s not just a winger though. They describe him as their playmaker and say he can play anywhere across the midfield but is bets in a free role. Sounds like a Hooly/Lansbury mark 2. If lambert really wants him i would back him but I really don''t know how much we have to spare. I agree about Poyet''s comments though. Every time he said something about him staying he added words to the effect of (I hope) to the end which means he himself is obviously not 100% sure.

[quote user="a1canary"]If we''ve really bid that much then it has come from another round of revenue raising around local businesses and HNWIs. There''s simply no way in the world that after Wilbraham, Tierney and Barnett (Leon won''t have come at a snip that''s for sure) we''d have a million quid in the transfer kitty to play with.

[/quote]

I have been telling certain people (including The Butler)for a while now  how much I thought we have in the transfer kitty for this window and it was £1m+ So it doesn''t surprise me at all, 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I have been telling certain people (including The Butler)for a while now  how much I thought we have in the transfer kitty for this window and it was £1m+

[/quote]

Well, let''s hope The Butler matches it like Foulger did Tangy! [Y]

[quote user="city till i die"]due at colney tomorrow!!!! for medical.[/quote]You also thought we were signing Martin Patterson.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="city till i die"]due at colney tomorrow!!!! for medical.[/quote]

You also thought we were signing Martin Patterson.

[/quote]He thought they said Albert Bennett. He''s just a bit late!  [:S]