Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

The Norwich City Debate - join in at 1pm today

Many thanks to all those that took part in our first Q & A.If your question wasn''t published or answered then it will be next week.

David Cuffley: 
I''m

not sure whether fans who comment on this site during a home game are

necessarily typical of City fans as a whole. Well over 20,000 of the

keenest supporters are actually at the game, not swapping website chat.

Best answer of the day for laughage.  Considering it was a fair question about knee jerk reactions to Lambert''s match decisions.  Cuffley is at best naive to think ,that out of 20,000 fans attending a handful won''t formulate  knee jerk thoughts just because they bought a ticket.  Canary Call proves that some fellow fans who attend have some very odd, fickle, strange views.  Whether it''s the spoken word  next to your mate at the game, on a phone-in, or tapped out by a keyboard warrior it amounts to the same thing whether you are able to attend a match or not.

Don''t really know why they have this Q&A to be honest, a journos opinion isn''t really any more valid than anyone elses. They don''t seem to have any inside information either so we don''t really learn anything.

I have to agree to be honest, what is the point? I appreciate the time the guys have taken to do this, but they are just opinions like everyone else.

IMO it''s going better than I thought.   It does show that Waggers & Co do have slightly differing opinions and not trotting out the stuff as each other.

It must be a thankless task trying to please this lot Pete.Good project in my view and it''s nice to see the Pink Un and City''s more thoughtful support working so closely.   [B]

Maybe we can ask David Cuffley why his article about Kevan Platt was taken off the website shortly after it was out up?

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe we can ask David Cuffley why his article about Kevan Platt was taken off the website shortly after it was out up?[/quote]

Don''t think anyone asked because it wasn''t mentioned.

I think it''s a useful forum, especially since the Club''s own webchats seem to have died a death.

Some of the same questions seem to appear week after week, but the responses seem honest and open and at least the journos are interacting with supporters on a regular basis. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe we can ask David Cuffley why his article about Kevan Platt was taken off the website shortly after it was out up?[/quote]

Don''t think anyone asked because it wasn''t mentioned.[/quote]

I emailed the question to Pete but wasn''t surprised it wasn''t asked [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don''t think anyone asked because it wasn''t mentioned.[/quote]

I emailed the question to Pete but wasn''t surprised it wasn''t asked [:)]

[/quote]

You should have sent it during the chat. I nearly did it for you but like the one I asked Delia on her web chat[;)]

I ended up asking the esteemed gentlemen if they thought Barnett, Ward and Whitbread were good enough for the Prem.

I was away when the Q&A happened. Are there any plans to change the NCFC PR department before the season starts properly?

Own goals should be kept to the pitch, committed by the visiting club. Share owners must have an interest in using funds to run the club rather than legal costs, I assume.

Maybe a discussion over a beer could sort that one out? I''m almost sure Pete knows the answer.

So called "armchair fans" consist mainly of people who live too far away to get to matches regularly, or people who can''t afford to go to matches.

It is a derogaratory term which fans that go every week use to make themselves feel superior - whereas they really are not - they are just lucky.

[quote user="lake district canary"]So called "armchair fans" consist mainly of people who live too far away to get to matches regularly, or people who can''t afford to go to matches.

It is a derogaratory term which fans that go every week use to make themselves feel superior - whereas they really are not - they are just lucky.[/quote]Not the place to be controversial, but this is so correct in so many ways.I think it''s sad and a real indictment of the modern day ''season ticket holder'' that this attitude exists. There have always been season ticket holders at Carrow Road.... but this snobbery is very new.My call for more ''casual tickets'' would put a stop to this and allow many of those supporters seemingly deemed ''unworthy'' to get along to a match... when life''s circumstances allow it.

Could it be that contracts will be dealt with after it''s mathematically established which league we will be playing in next season?

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="lake district canary"]So called "armchair fans" consist mainly of people who live too far away to get to matches regularly, or people who can''t afford to go to matches. It is a derogaratory term which fans that go every week use to make themselves feel superior - whereas they really are not - they are just lucky.[/quote]

Not the place to be controversial, but this is so correct in so many ways.

I think it''s sad and a real indictment of the modern day ''season ticket holder'' that this attitude exists. There have always been season ticket holders at Carrow Road.... but this snobbery is very new.

My call for more ''casual tickets'' would put a stop to this and allow many of those supporters seemingly deemed ''unworthy'' to get along to a match... when life''s circumstances allow it.

[/quote].......i pointed out a few weeks ago that unless city only had 25,000 fans then not everyone can attend the matches. city having many, many more than this then the majority will be unable to attend. i am a pensioner and live 125 miles from the carra so unable to afford to attend home games very often, managed to get to away games in championship and div one due to proximity of many clubs to my home. nearest premier club is probably in manchester, 95 miles away.

Here''s  a question, whats the point in this debate when no official body from the club attends to answer the fans questions, All we are told is what the media think and we all know how reliable they are, No offence Pete.