Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

Announcement from Ricoh at 12pm

Listening to BBC Coventry and Warwickshire and coventry have called an announcement at 12pm its snowing badly now and meant to continue intill 5pm.

Surely can''t call it off this late

i live 5 minutes from the ground its not heavy snow,

only snowing a little don''t know what the big deal is,probaly get called of because cov is more a bussiness than a football club now, so don''t think the men upstairs will put too much work in.

I''m south of Cov and it''s bad here.

Roads are stuffed full of traffic it''s taking people 30-45 mins to go 1/2 mile.

It''s supposed to be snowing heavy in Cov too now.

Davo

[quote user="JimRoyle"]My son is in Coventry and has just texted to say it is snowing heavily. The match should have been postponed this morning to prevent people making a hazardous journey.
[/quote]

Can''t believe how many games are off today and am surprised at some of the premier ones.

Arsenal OFF Stoke, 15:00

Wigan OFF Aston Villa, 15:00

Liverpool OFF Fulham, 17:30

Chelsea OFF Man Utd, Sun16:00

Feel for the fans who have travelled to Coventry today if its called of in the next hour, its happened to most of us I guess and its horrible

I''m 12 miles from Cov. I have tickets but I''m not taking the risk with it due to continue snowing till 5pm.

Just heard a fan moaning about the game being on claiming it''s one of the most "appealing games of the season".

Davo

That would be a real shame for those who have made the long trek across country.

The sad thing is that at around 9am it was clear. It''s now 5 hours later and the snow is pretty deep. Getting there isn''t the problem. Getting back could be though.

Davo

According to BBC weather, the snow should be over before KO & have pulled away well to the south by 6 p.m.On the other hand ...

It was supposed to have stopped snowing abefore 1pm according to the BBC earlier and it''s still falling at the same rate now.

Also late last night when I checked they said we were supposed to be having sunny patches.

Read in to that what you will.

Davo

I''m glad I don''t have to face that journey home from The Ricoh. I once travelled all the way to Coventry, only for the match to be postponed about two hours before kick-off. Lovely!