Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

If the game kicks off on Saturday, but then snow abandons it...

somewhere in the ninety minutes, would this be a match ban served by Barnett???

Answers on a post card please, alternatively please post it on here.

Last season Plymouth v Barnsley...Was 4-1 to Barnsley after about 60 minutes, then it got abandoned. The result didn''t count, but some fella get a yellow in the game, and totted up his 5 to get a ban, and that counted! So all in all, I don''t think anyone knows...

I''m not sure about the ban, but I''m fairly certain in this country that even the game is abandoned in the 88th minute with one team 5-0 up, the whole game is replayed. However, the referee is likely to use common sense in that case and play for another couple of minutes. In some countries though, Spain for one, the game is restarted from where it is stopped. The Real Madrid-Real Sociedad match from about five years ago when there was a bombscare being the best example.

any abandoned game is always replayed in full , any bookings or sendings off are counted but any suspensions will not include the abandoned game as a match where a suspension is served - Droylsden got kicked out of the FA cup for fieldinga suspended player a couple of years ago - He was not banned for the original games , not banned for a game that was abandoned , but suspended for the subsequent match