Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Match report on Coventrys offy website......

"one of your players sprinted 50 years" - I knew fitness had improved under Lambert, but that''s impressive. [:D]

This Coventry fan seems like some deluded nutcase to me. Watched highlights on TV and was a sending off and Boothroyd agreed. What goes around comes around. Away from home you have to soak up pressure and Lambert has got us well organised at that over 2 seasons. P 11 lost 2 won 5 drawn 4 away from home speaks for itself

As me and my brother were walking to the away entrance we met some really nice Coventry fans who wished us a safe journey back and told us that we should be proud of Norwich''s reputation as a passing, footballing side but I guess they were the exception...

I really have no idea what the Cov fans are complaining about. There were numerous elbows thrown into Holty''s face and lots of nasty challenges on other city players - e.g. when Jackson was hacked as he was clean through.

The one incident that the ref deemed bad enough for a red card and the Coventry fans start whinging! Even your own manager said that it was a worthy red!

All Norwich games that I''ve been to away from home this season have been far more entertaining than that rubbish yesterday and I blame that on Coventry City.

My brother remarked in the first half that the only reason Cov have kept so many clean sheets is because they hardly ever dare venture forward and I think he got it spot on! Coventry only went on the attack after we scored and fair play to them for capitalising.

The home support were a disgrace as well. 15,230 for a game between a playoff contender and Coventry is terrible, unless of course the rest came dressed as blue seats just like they do at Portman Road...

For goodness sake Coventry fans, you were beaten by the better team!

Lol, is there anything lamer than a beaten opposition fan coming here for a bleat about being hard done by?

Some Coventry fans can be a bit more appreciative though (from the 606 site):"As hard as it is to admit.....Genuinely well done, you guys have

achieved a hell of alot and as a football purist i have to adimire that.

Whilst i am a die hard Coventry fan and am genuinley gutted about the

result and the referee, it is brilliant to see a newly promoted to do

well, many of you will assume this is a wum article but as a seasoned

cov fan i am used to the topsy turvy nature of this league. Of all the

teams we could be beat by i would rather it you guys. Perhaps i am a

little more biased in the fact we are still in the playoffs but credit

where credit is due. 606 is about debate and opinion, and whilst maybe a

few coventry fans will be bemused by my article, i am a football fan

as much as a cov fan. The fact this league is more about fight than

skill, it is refreshing to see a team take it to us on our home ground.

Under boothroyd our biggest assest is belief and fight, you guys are all

about the play. Hope you appreciate the efforts put in by the sky blue

staff to get the game on and genuinely wish you best for the season

(except the return fixture), i shall go back to worrying about our 2

tough up coming games, peace out an merry crimbo!Briles "

Cov, I actually thik the attedance was wrong, they would have counted the tickets sold, not the people turning up. Nothing wrong with that, but there was far less than the total.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Coventry - one of the only positives from the blitz[/quote]Ouch, harsh!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Holt got sent off for something that wasn''t a sending off, and we drew 3-3, it happens, and didn''t your manager even say it was a sending off?

And does it matter if a goal was soft? a soft goal is better than a shot that was an inch or two away....

And you where cheated?

Read the BBC article by Paul Fletcher, i think it says a deserved win by Norwich, and he''s not biased...and on the FLS last night wasn''t a similar thing said?[/quote]enI was going to bring this point up actually. The Holt sending off was ludicrous and cost us a game that we were cruising. Funnily enough, the Reading players remonstrated and complained too, while Ian Harte decided that going down like he''d been shot and rolling around on the floor would be the best thing to do. There''s no doubt in my mind that those players and the ref cost us the three points in that game. Holt was looking totally dangerous and the opposing team decided to do anything they could to get him sent off.My point to the Coventry fan is that this happens regularly in football. You don''t see our players acting up and complaining to the ref at Carrow Road very often at all. In fact, Holt probably displays the most "gamesmanship" out of all of them, and also moans a bit! It''s his right though. He''s the captain and that''s his style of play. He only does it because the spirit throughout our team is to show commitment and passion. The Holt red card I referred to was rescinded and correctly so. If they were to take a second look at the Gunnarson sending off, it woudn''t be rescinded and that''s a fact.I never moan when we lose games, especially not on the opposing teams message boards, so I think it''s best to sit back and see where your lot are come May. Good luck!

[quote user="cov1987"]what a load of piffle.

somebody who didn''t go to the game telling the official website of coventry city that they got their own attendance wrong.  the ground was just under half full, so the attendance was correct.  unless of course you honestly believe that CCFC think they''re not paying enough tax and so overstate the crowd.  cov actually display the number of tickets sold prior to the game, and judging by that a lot of people did not turn up because the attendance was lower than the number of tickets sold prior to the game.

as for the other points.  never a sending off in a million years.  never seen such a big bunch of girls in all my years watching the game.  cried like babies every time a challenge was made, but evidently it is OK to smash an opposing player in the face with your forearm.  ref handed you the game on a plate.  you are a better passing team than we are so naturally the extra man made our task very difficult - although you made hard work of it.  you didn''t create much of note and I wasn''t impressed with your team in the slightest.  we were poor from the off, but even with 10 men could quite easily have come away with a point.

as for the marlon king nonsense.  his served his time, and thankfully we live in a country where having done so a person is free to rebuild their life and earn a living.  football is littered with examples of players who have resumed their career after a stint in prison.  big deal. grow up.

the comment about coventry being one of the most uninteresting places in the uk is absurd and embarrassing.  whatever your opinion of the post-war built environment in coventry, you cannot escape the fact that the city has a fascinating history and is historically one of the most important cities in england.

[/quote]

Sorry mate it was a clear red card tackle. Ok there wasn''t horrendous intent but he went in two footed and you just can''t do that these days. Aside from that there were 3 or 4 other bad tackles during that first half as your team appeared to have completely lost it. I thought that we were the better side prior to the red card anyway and if anything it galvanised your team after half time.

As to all these accusations of us play acting or being embarassing i honestly don''t know what you are on about. I was at the game and can''t really recall any gamesmanship of the type you are referring to. I would suggest that you saw what you wanted to see which was our players play acting rather than your bunch of thugs putting the boot in.

Anyway a great three points for us from a difficult game and also with two of our most important players in the spine of the team missing. We are very happy with that thanks. You will just have to go back to watching hoofball in you soulless bowl where you can hear a pin drop and hope next time the ref turns a blind eye to Hoofroyds tactics.

[quote user="cov1987"]but you were a disgrace yesterday, and yet none of you are even remotely prepared to accept that or to criticise your tactics.i am the first to admit that our style is very direct at times, and can be physical.  that is a matter of fact.  and we''re usually a pretty honest bunch generally, and will admit when we are beaten by a better team.  we''re usually good losers in other words, because when you lose so often you have to be.  it has been a long time though since i have seen such an angry reaction to the tactics of a visitng team.  it was like watching something from portuguese 2nd division; gamesmanship so blatant that it was shocking.  and yet you all seem very comfortable with this, as a football fan i find that so sad.  i''m not alone, see http://www.gmkonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=6&thread_id=18772were you not at least slightly embarrassed?don''t worry, i will be disappearing to my own forum very soon.  at the end of the day we lost, and on the balance of play i can''t really complain.  but that balance of play was seriously affected by a truly awful refereeing performance and the disgraceful and entirely deliberate tactics employed by your players.[/quote]Harsh sendings off? Jog on fella.The referee was very good, your just the average fan blaming the ref because you lost.

I found it really strange before the game and I was wondering if anyone else had similar chats. In the pub before and walking to the ground every Cov supporter we spoke to described how we were going to lose 4 or 5 nil and this seemed to be based on the fact that we were beaten by Portsmouth the week before. Another topic was the wonderful Ricoh and what a s**t ole carrow road is. Suppose it shows how we have moved on when rival supporters still think we are a league 1 club. They for some reson therefore seem to think they lost to the whipping boys of the division.