Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Match report on Coventrys offy website......

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10269~52252,00.html

Now i never went to the game today but listened to the game on Radio Norfolk and the game I heard certainly never concurs with this report. Cov the most dangerous of the two sides/1500 in the crowd more  like 9000 (just under 2k from us)/and look at the stats who had most shots, corners etc. Twin that with the fact they should have ended up with 9 men at best & playing a piece of scum up front they really are pathetic & deluded club!

LOSERS!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Absolutely right. A dirty filthy team with an appalling style. Their crowd, manager and team all deserve each other[/quote]

Plus one of the biggest ratholes/uninteresting place of a city in the UK 

what a load of piffle.somebody who didn''t go to the game telling the official website of coventry city that they got their own attendance wrong.  the ground was just under half full, so the attendance was correct.  unless of course you honestly believe that CCFC think they''re not paying enough tax and so overstate the crowd.  cov actually display the number of tickets sold prior to the game, and judging by that a lot of people did not turn up because the attendance was lower than the number of tickets sold prior to the game.as for the other points.  never a sending off in a million years.  never seen such a big bunch of girls in all my years watching the game.  cried like babies every time a challenge was made, but evidently it is OK to smash an opposing player in the face with your forearm.  ref handed you the game on a plate.  you are a better passing team than we are so naturally the extra man made our task very difficult - although you made hard work of it.  you didn''t create much of note and I wasn''t impressed with your team in the slightest.  we were poor from the off, but even with 10 men could quite easily have come away with a point.as for the marlon king nonsense.  his served his time, and thankfully we live in a country where having done so a person is free to rebuild their life and earn a living.  football is littered with examples of players who have resumed their career after a stint in prison.  big deal. grow up.the comment about coventry being one of the most uninteresting places in the uk is absurd and embarrassing.  whatever your opinion of the post-war built environment in coventry, you cannot escape the fact that the city has a fascinating history and is historically one of the most important cities in england.

[quote user="cov1987"]what a load of piffle.

somebody who didn''t go to the game telling the official website of coventry city that they got their own attendance wrong.  the ground was just under half full, so the attendance was correct.  unless of course you honestly believe that CCFC think they''re not paying enough tax and so overstate the crowd.  cov actually display the number of tickets sold prior to the game, and judging by that a lot of people did not turn up because the attendance was lower than the number of tickets sold prior to the game.

as for the other points.  never a sending off in a million years.  never seen such a big bunch of girls in all my years watching the game.  cried like babies every time a challenge was made, but evidently it is OK to smash an opposing player in the face with your forearm.  ref handed you the game on a plate.  you are a better passing team than we are so naturally the extra man made our task very difficult - although you made hard work of it.  you didn''t create much of note and I wasn''t impressed with your team in the slightest.  we were poor from the off, but even with 10 men could quite easily have come away with a point.

as for the marlon king nonsense.  his served his time, and thankfully we live in a country where having done so a person is free to rebuild their life and earn a living.  football is littered with examples of players who have resumed their career after a stint in prison.  big deal. grow up.

the comment about coventry being one of the most uninteresting places in the uk is absurd and embarrassing.  whatever your opinion of the post-war built environment in coventry, you cannot escape the fact that the city has a fascinating history and is historically one of the most important cities in england.

[/quote]

Even your own manager said it was a sending off; get over it

somebody who didn''t go to the game telling the official website of coventry city that they got their own attendance wrong.  the ground was just under half full, so the attendance was correct.  unless of course you honestly believe that CCFC think they''re not paying enough tax and so overstate the crowd.  cov actually display the number of tickets sold prior to the game, and judging by that a lot of people did not turn up because the attendance was lower than the number of tickets sold prior to the game.

as for the other points.  never a sending off in a million years.  never seen such a big bunch of girls in all my years watching the game.  cried like babies every time a challenge was made, but evidently it is OK to smash an opposing player in the face with your forearm.  ref handed you the game on a plate.  you are a better passing team than we are so naturally the extra man made our task very difficult - although you made hard work of it.  you didn''t create much of note and I wasn''t impressed with your team in the slightest.  we were poor from the off, but even with 10 men could quite easily have come away with a point.

as for the marlon king nonsense.  his served his time, and thankfully we live in a country where having done so a person is free to rebuild their life and earn a living.  football is littered with examples of players who have resumed their career after a stint in prison.  big deal. grow up.

the comment about coventry being one of the most uninteresting places in the uk is absurd and embarrassing.  whatever your opinion of the post-war built environment in coventry, you cannot escape the fact that the city has a fascinating history and is historically one of the most important cities in england.

[/quote]

And the best thing Coventry has to offer is a quick way out of the place.

Game reminded me of MK Dons a few seasons ago when Ince knew was losing it so asked his players to rough us up, that time we ended up with three injuries.Have to say never felt we would lose it just because Coventry midfield so poor. As for us being whinging players there was at least three other two footed challenges that could have been red and as for the elbows the one against Holt had the ref see it would have also been redVery very poor discipline by Coventry who clearly got used to dictating play at home and when that did not happen reverted to plan BGot what they deserved ... nothing

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="cov1987"]what a load of piffle.somebody who didn''t go to the game telling the official website of coventry city that they got their own attendance wrong.  the ground was just under half full, so the attendance was correct.  unless of course you honestly believe that CCFC think they''re not paying enough tax and so overstate the crowd.  cov actually display the number of tickets sold prior to the game, and judging by that a lot of people did not turn up because the attendance was lower than the number of tickets sold prior to the game.as for the other points.  never a sending off in a million years.  never seen such a big bunch of girls in all my years watching the game.  cried like babies every time a challenge was made, but evidently it is OK to smash an opposing player in the face with your forearm.  ref handed you the game on a plate.  you are a better passing team than we are so naturally the extra man made our task very difficult - although you made hard work of it.  you didn''t create much of note and I wasn''t impressed with your team in the slightest.  we were poor from the off, but even with 10 men could quite easily have come away with a point.as for the marlon king nonsense.  his served his time, and thankfully we live in a country where having done so a person is free to rebuild their life and earn a living.  football is littered with examples of players who have resumed their career after a stint in prison.  big deal. grow up.the comment about coventry being one of the most uninteresting places in the uk is absurd and embarrassing.  whatever your opinion of the post-war built environment in coventry, you cannot escape the fact that the city has a fascinating history and is historically one of the most important cities in england.

[/quote]

[/quote]and?  you''re manager said it was harsh, and it was. ruined the game.  people had made a huge effort to get the game on, and some fans had made a huge effort to get there, only for the game to be ruined by a referee who didn''t even see the incident (he initially played on), until of course he was surrounded by a sea of yellow.  norwich players were a disgrace throughout the first half.  people talk about our style of play, but at least it is an honest style of play.  the gamesmanship displayed by the norwich players yesterday was more ''anti-football'' than any of our long balls; and the fact that this behaviour has gone entirely unnoticed by you lot suggests you''re used to it.

Sour grapes. You can''t go in two footed simple as that.

We had this for the entirety of last season, other clubs fans whingeing that they were apparently hard done by and but for this decision or that injury or not wasting chances they''d have beaten us. It was boring then and it''s boring now, man up and take it on the chin: you lost, we won.

See you at carrow road.

Coventry are a typical Boothroyd side which is a great shame for a team that has played some good football over the years. And I shudder to think that I was amongst those who have wanted him to be the Manager here in the past. Thank goodness we couldn''t agree terms with him when apparently he was interviewed. Imagine the horror of having to watch that hoof-ball rough-house dross every week.

[quote user="cov1987"][quote user="canary_girl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and?  you''re manager said it was harsh, and it was. ruined the game.  people had made a huge effort to get the game on, and some fans had made a huge effort to get there, only for the game to be ruined by a referee who didn''t even see the incident (he initially played on), until of course he was surrounded by a sea of yellow.  norwich players were a disgrace throughout the first half.  people talk about our style of play, but at least it is an honest style of play.  the gamesmanship displayed by the norwich players yesterday was more ''anti-football'' than any of our long balls; and the fact that this behaviour has gone entirely unnoticed by you lot suggests you''re used to it.
[/quote]

Oh im sorry, do forgive me, I wasn''t aware that if people make a huge effort to get to the game, red cards shouldn''t be given. How about you go back to your own message board to feel sorry for yourself and talk nonsense of what a''digrace'' we are [^o)]

but you were a disgrace yesterday, and yet none of you are even remotely prepared to accept that or to criticise your tactics.i am the first to admit that our style is very direct at times, and can be physical.  that is a matter of fact.  and we''re usually a pretty honest bunch generally, and will admit when we are beaten by a better team.  we''re usually good losers in other words, because when you lose so often you have to be.  it has been a long time though since i have seen such an angry reaction to the tactics of a visitng team.  it was like watching something from portuguese 2nd division; gamesmanship so blatant that it was shocking.  and yet you all seem very comfortable with this, as a football fan i find that so sad.  i''m not alone, see http://www.gmkonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=6&thread_id=18772were you not at least slightly embarrassed?don''t worry, i will be disappearing to my own forum very soon.  at the end of the day we lost, and on the balance of play i can''t really complain.  but that balance of play was seriously affected by a truly awful refereeing performance and the disgraceful and entirely deliberate tactics employed by your players.

[quote user="cov1987"]but you were a disgrace yesterday, and yet none of you are even remotely prepared to accept that or to criticise your tactics.

i am the first to admit that our style is very direct at times, and can be physical.  that is a matter of fact.  and we''re usually a pretty honest bunch generally, and will admit when we are beaten by a better team.  we''re usually good losers in other words, because when you lose so often you have to be.  it has been a long time though since i have seen such an angry reaction to the tactics of a visitng team.  it was like watching something from portuguese 2nd division; gamesmanship so blatant that it was shocking.  and yet you all seem very comfortable with this, as a football fan i find that so sad.  i''m not alone, see http://www.gmkonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=6&thread_id=18772

were you not at least slightly embarrassed?

don''t worry, i will be disappearing to my own forum very soon.  at the end of the day we lost, and on the balance of play i can''t really complain.  but that balance of play was seriously affected by a truly awful refereeing performance and the disgraceful and entirely deliberate tactics employed by your players.
[/quote]

Ok well thats your opinion, and no I am not embarrassed, we are a team who tries to play nice football, we have a good team spirit and I do not consider us as cheats, nor do all of your fans..

"the game, dire football from us, route one shite, Westwood just lumping it up, Platt about as mobile as the as a giant rock, sending off justified, and us trying to kick the Narwich players of the pitch, depressing stuff, and it took me 7 hours to drive back to London "

Anyway, I shall look forward to seeing you play at Carrow Road

I was at the game. I know a very rich Coventry fan and had the good fortune of getting a free ticket in the box he was offered for the game. However, that meant I had the bad fortunte of sitting among the Sky Blue faithful.Before I tear into you, I want to agree with you on the point about Coventry as a city. It has an extremely rich and interesting history and anyone who calls it a dull city clearly hasn''t made much of an effort because there is actually a lot to do and anyone with the most fleeting interest in modern history cannot fail to find it anything other than interesting.However, your view on the game is as incorrect as your defence of Coventry the city was right. I have never read such a hypocritical post and never sat among such a whiney, blinkered set of moaners.The forearm to the face comment, I presume you were referring to I think it was Lansbury''s rash lash out on one of your guys. You conveniently fail to mention that this was preceded by Holt being floored by an arm to the face. Furthermore, I saw one of the most pathetic going to grounds I have seen in 20 years of watching football when your man with 19 on the back threw himself to the floor after a 50/50 shoulder challenge.The funniest part of it all was when at 1-1 and you substitued Clive Platt, two of your players were shouting at him, telling him to walk to the far corner, away from the dugout, to waste time. And then when Korey Smith chose to walk off when he was substitued at 2-1 to us, your fans went nuts and starting spitting out all kinds of bile. It was a good job I had access to a toilet in the box, because I''d imagine the normal bogs were full of people changing their tampons.Sat in the box, I also had the chance to see the stand-up comedian that is Doyle. As Coventry''s man of the match, he had to do an interview. I''ve never seen such a bitter, biased, sore loser. I guess the twisted look on his face was as a result of munching on sour grapes.And as for us not creating anything, were it not for 2 or 3 world class saves from Westwood, the score would have been four or five one, which would have been a much fairer reflection of the game. The kit man must have been delighted because he won''t need to worry about washing Ruddy''s kit or gloves, he had sod all to do all game.

[quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="cov1987"][quote user="canary_girl"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m waiting for the comments like, If we had our full strength team out you would have been wolloped, I remember our las visit the pisspot ground, Elliot Ward scored from a penalty that never was, so evens things up a bit, the thing that does stick in my mind is the very few fans that go,were all scattered about it looked like blobs of paint peeling off walls everwhere   

and?  you''re manager said it was harsh, and it was. ruined the game.  people had made a huge effort to get the game on, and some fans had made a huge effort to get there, only for the game to be ruined by a referee who didn''t even see the incident (he initially played on), until of course he was surrounded by a sea of yellow.  norwich players were a disgrace throughout the first half.  people talk about our style of play, but at least it is an honest style of play.  the gamesmanship displayed by the norwich players yesterday was more ''anti-football'' than any of our long balls; and the fact that this behaviour has gone entirely unnoticed by you lot suggests you''re used to it.
[/quote]

Oh im sorry, do forgive me, I wasn''t aware that if people make a huge effort to get to the game, red cards shouldn''t be given. How about you go back to your own message board to feel sorry for yourself and talk nonsense of what a''digrace'' we are [^o)]

[/quote]

Hi cov 1987 i travelled up to the game yesterday with 2 cov city friends , when we got back to the car  they both with out asking said we Norwich deserved the victory .As they said we were the only team trying to play football , they had  no issues with the sending off as did your leader aidy.Yes the sending off probably changed the outcome  of the game  , at the end of the day we created very few chances as you did but we converted ours and the others your goalie made 3 outstanding saves ,i cant rember our keeper having much to  do except recive the long punts from your keeper which where meant for Platt .The only thing we should be embarassed about is allowing you to score when we were in conrol of the game , you need to look at your own team and  not invent a story to cover up your teams short comings ,any way have a merry xmas and make sure you turn over the tractor boys on new years day OTBC

[quote user="canarydan23"]I was at the game. I know a very rich Coventry fan and had the good fortune of getting a free ticket in the box he was offered for the game. However, that meant I had the bad fortunte of sitting among the Sky Blue faithful.Before I tear into you, I want to agree with you on the point about Coventry as a city. It has an extremely rich and interesting history and anyone who calls it a dull city clearly hasn''t made much of an effort because there is actually a lot to do and anyone with the most fleeting interest in modern history cannot fail to find it anything other than interesting.However, your view on the game is as incorrect as your defence of Coventry the city was right. I have never read such a hypocritical post and never sat among such a whiney, blinkered set of moaners.The forearm to the face comment, I presume you were referring to I think it was Lansbury''s rash lash out on one of your guys. You conveniently fail to mention that this was preceded by Holt being floored by an arm to the face. Furthermore, I saw one of the most pathetic going to grounds I have seen in 20 years of watching football when your man with 19 on the back threw himself to the floor after a 50/50 shoulder challenge.The funniest part of it all was when at 1-1 and you substitued Clive Platt, two of your players were shouting at him, telling him to walk to the far corner, away from the dugout, to waste time. And then when Korey Smith chose to walk off when he was substitued at 2-1 to us, your fans went nuts and starting spitting out all kinds of bile. It was a good job I had access to a toilet in the box, because I''d imagine the normal bogs were full of people changing their tampons.Sat in the box, I also had the chance to see the stand-up comedian that is Doyle. As Coventry''s man of the match, he had to do an interview. I''ve never seen such a bitter, biased, sore loser. I guess the twisted look on his face was as a result of munching on sour grapes.And as for us not creating anything, were it not for 2 or 3 world class saves from Westwood, the score would have been four or five one, which would have been a much fairer reflection of the game. The kit man must have been delighted because he won''t need to worry about washing Ruddy''s kit or gloves, he had sod all to do all game.[/quote]come now, you''re every bit as biased and hysterical as the people you are criticising.  a home defeat at coventry is usually followed by days of self flagellation as we pick apart our performance, our team and focus on our undoubted weaknesses.  the overwhelming reaction this time is that we were cheated, and it has been a long time since that has been the case.  does that not tell you something?  and you so blinded by bias that you could not see what pretty much everyone else could see, that norwich deliberately and cynically emplyed the tactic of hounding the referee at every opportunity?  one of your players sprinted 50 years straight into the face of the referee after one of the most innocuous challenges I have ever seen.  the fact there were one or two bad challenges during the game is irrelevant - that is the case in almost every game you see, and i lost count of the number of cynical pushes, pulls and trips by your players that went unpunished .  you should be ashamed on yourselves, but clearly you''re not.  very sad.

I wasn''t at the game unfortunately despite the Ricoh being 1 of my usual away trips but how can you argue the red card? He lunged in 2 footed with his studs showing over the top of the ball.

From what I recall on the radio, Westwood made 3/4 world class saves from efforts that could have gone in on another day, I don''t recall Ruddy making a save of note.

I said at the time but we''ve dodged a bullet in regards to Bothroyd returning as manager.

Interesting we didn''t have too many talented and techinically gifted footballers come through the acadamy whilst he was here.

one of your players sprinted 50 years straight into the face of the referee after one of the most innocuous challenges I have ever seen.

Did you not realise Westwood did that to appeal the sending off, i think?

i can see my rants are falling on deaf ears.  fair enough i suppose, as i don''t imagine any of you care very much.  it did make me angry however, and still does, because that sort of behaviour has no place in football imo.as for the game, yes in the end you had more efforts on goal and indeed you were denied by two or three good saves.  inveitable really as we pushed for the equaliser though that we would be exposed at the back.  could have been different though, your second goal was soft and and we were an inch or two away from equalising in the last minute.i would have loved to have seen 11 versus 11 for the entire ninety minutes though.  was never a sending off imo, he slipped and then lunged a bit, but i have seen far worse and the referee seemingly didn''t see it until he was hounded by your players.  he got the ball and i don''t even think it was a booking, but hey-ho.

I see you must be appreciating Hoofroyd''s brand of football if you don''t believe a two footed lunge over the ball is even a yellow card.

No wonder you''re nicknamed the SKY blues, you must spend 90% of the game looking for the ball in the sky.

Only getting in 15,000 shows me the majority of your support aren''t enjoying the football on offer and are staying away.

Holt got sent off for something that wasn''t a sending off, and we drew 3-3, it happens, and didn''t your manager even say it was a sending off?

And does it matter if a goal was soft? a soft goal is better than a shot that was an inch or two away....

And you where cheated?

Read the BBC article by Paul Fletcher, i think it says a deserved win by Norwich, and he''s not biased...and on the FLS last night wasn''t a similar thing said?

Regardless of the result our supporters have the satisfaction of watching attractive passing football in a packed stadium with character and atmosphere.

Coventry fans have to endure 23 matches of hoofball in a soulless half full bowl in the middle of an industrial and shopping estate.

Norwich have 50 (a guess before anyone counts!) pubs within walking distance of Carrow Road. Is there anything at Coventry apart from warm lager at the ground and a take-out from Tescos?

Norwich City sing "On the Ball City". Coventry City have a screaming announcer on their PA to try and generate some atmosphere.

Norwich City have “Sing up the Barclay”. Coventry City have “Sing up the Tescos Stand”.

Norwich City have Paul Lambert as manager. Coventry City have one of the Merry-go-Round club, Aidy Boothroyd.

Norwich City have talisman Grant Holt as No 9. Coventry City have a convicted sex-offender as their No 9.

Need I go on further?

[quote user="cov1987"]i can see my rants are falling on deaf ears.  fair enough i suppose, as i don''t imagine any of you care very much.  it did make me angry however, and still does, because that sort of behaviour has no place in football imo.

as for the game, yes in the end you had more efforts on goal and indeed you were denied by two or three good saves.  inveitable really as we pushed for the equaliser though that we would be exposed at the back.  could have been different though, your second goal was soft and and we were an inch or two away from equalising in the last minute.

i would have loved to have seen 11 versus 11 for the entire ninety minutes though.  was never a sending off imo, he slipped and then lunged a bit, but i have seen far worse and the referee seemingly didn''t see it until he was hounded by your players.  he got the ball and i don''t even think it was a booking, but hey-ho.

[/quote]

Cov, I understand how you might feel, particularly given the weather. However, you should note that a couple of weeks back many Norwich supporters ( along with our manager ) felt Grant Holt was unfairly given a red card. The matter was appealed and the red card overturned. The same process is open to Coventry if they feel the decision was unfair.

First I thought the sending off was harsh, definite booking though, can''t see how you can claim it wasn''t a foul I don''t know. As a typical Norwich fan I am very pessimstic regarding what refs may give against us and I have to say it didn''t even cross my mind that the Nelson challenge was a penalty. As for us lying down there were several bad challenges culminating in an awful two footed lunge on MacNamee that was a red card any day of the week.

Getting back to the original thread, how did the reporter think they were the more dangerous side. I don''t recall any efforts wortrhy of the name in the first half and only a header, the goal & the effort that hit the outside of the post (with Ruddy cqvering) in injury time. Two other ponts, the crowd was obviously the number of tickets sold.. not how many turned up and who the hell was on match stats Coventry 51% of play!! Genuinely would have at a conservative estimate gone 40 - 60.

And just for Coventry1987 remeber if you''re calling people cheats look back to 1985, we''ve got long memories

Unfortunately I live near Coventry and there are plenty of these type of ignorant and sky blue blinkered fools like Cov1987.

It is always a crime against humanity when they get a decision that goes against them but turn a blind eye when it goes for them.

Most of the female Sky Blue fans are ashamed of having Marlon King at their club. I am sure if Cov1987 had woman that is close to him beaten to a pulp by a man then it would change his opinion on that individual.

On the balance of the match, it could have gone either way. I didnt think it was a sending off however the Cov challenges were crude at times and there could have more been more reds and yellows. Boothroyd didnt complain about the red just as Ipswich didnt complain about Delaney''s red.

All in all, Cov have won this fixture 45 times to Norwich''s 29 so can have no real complaints overall.

Their fans can have no real complaints for how they are doing given their poor levels of home support.