Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

One Team Wonder

We need to find another striker, if any thing hppens to Holt we''re buggered.

Think Daley should get a run of games, or we try and get a Premiership striker in..

"Proper Fan moi"

Daley isn''t up to Championship football in my opinion and getting in a proven striker capable of covering for Holt is surely out of our reach financially.

It would have to be a gamble on a lower league striker, and then it''s probable they won''t provide anything Jackson/Martin don''t already.

Seeing as PL mentioned another 3 players I''d be STUNNED if a striker wasn''t one of those 3 so don''t worry. It''s been obvious we aren''t quite as clinical without Holt up front. If we''d taken our chances at Portsmouth we''d be 2nd now, but anyway that''s in the past now. I reckon PL has his eye on someone as backup to Grant. I wouldn''t mind a lower league player seeing as Grant came from Shrewsbury himself when we got him. Hopefully he''ll stay fit enough and suspension free so we wouldn''t need to use the cover, but there''s little chance of that eh! I reckon Oli Johnson can go on loan because he''s come up too fast and did ok in League One for us so that''d suit him probably. Shame we don''t have Cody because he has great work rate like Grant, but obviously different type of player. He bagged some good goals for us in Champ when we signed him too. It''d need to be a bigger player though like Grant I assume. Think left-back is the other position to be covered at the moment and not sure what the other would be - utility or right back to cover Russell maybe?

Holt Jackson works, Holt Martin works, but Jackson Martin simply doesn''t. A target man like Beattie is needed to add strength we clearly miss without Holt. If we bring in another striker then I would also send Oli out on loan in League One so he gets regular experience and can do a job for us in seasons to follow. And when Cody returns he will also provide another strong option up front.

If we get anymore strikers in I think we may well be saying goodbye to some come the summer.

I say that because we have Holt, Martin and Jackson as our first choice contenders, then we have Oli, Cody and Daley as back up.

Cody isn''t back until the summer as he is on a season long lone, he was unlucky with an injury and has scored a few since. The biggest problems with players that rely a whole lot on pace is that you need good players around them to create the space for him to run into and to get the ball right to put him through. I think he could do a job at a higher level.

Having said that getting another target man in would suggest him or Oli are surplas to requirement. Oli cant be happy not getting any games.

And when people talk of come the summer - lets just wait and see.

[quote user="chicken"]If we get anymore strikers in I think we may well be saying goodbye to some come the summer. I say that because we have Holt, Martin and Jackson as our first choice contenders, then we have Oli, Cody and Daley as back up. Cody isn''t back until the summer as he is on a season long lone, he was unlucky with an injury and has scored a few since. The biggest problems with players that rely a whole lot on pace is that you need good players around them to create the space for him to run into and to get the ball right to put him through. I think he could do a job at a higher level. Having said that getting another target man in would suggest him or Oli are surplas to requirement. Oli cant be happy not getting any games. And when people talk of come the summer - lets just wait and see.[/quote]

Definitely agree with the comment about players who can find space. I think Cody work work well off Grant and with Henri, Fox etc in the team (passers of the ball). Like I said, he got a few in Champ for us before we got relegated. Few classy goals too I remember - sure there was a lovely lob in there somewhere. Anyway, he obviously went to Gills as part of Jackson deal, but I think Oli is the one to loan out. I still rate Jackson and think he is another player who needs Holt next to him instead of Martin. He does seem a player who creates plenty of chances, but also needs a few chances to score too unfortunately, but a lot of strikers are like that. Remember Beckford is very much like this - gets in decent positions, pacy, but finishing not 100% (more like 10% at Everton!)

[quote user="Jin Atwal"]

[quote user="chicken"]If we get anymore strikers in I think we may well be saying goodbye to some come the summer. I say that because we have Holt, Martin and Jackson as our first choice contenders, then we have Oli, Cody and Daley as back up. Cody isn''t back until the summer as he is on a season long lone, he was unlucky with an injury and has scored a few since. The biggest problems with players that rely a whole lot on pace is that you need good players around them to create the space for him to run into and to get the ball right to put him through. I think he could do a job at a higher level. Having said that getting another target man in would suggest him or Oli are surplas to requirement. Oli cant be happy not getting any games. And when people talk of come the summer - lets just wait and see.[/quote]

Definitely agree with the comment about players who can find space. I think Cody work work well off Grant and with Henri, Fox etc in the team (passers of the ball). Like I said, he got a few in Champ for us before we got relegated. Few classy goals too I remember - sure there was a lovely lob in there somewhere. Anyway, he obviously went to Gills as part of Jackson deal, but I think Oli is the one to loan out. I still rate Jackson and think he is another player who needs Holt next to him instead of Martin. He does seem a player who creates plenty of chances, but also needs a few chances to score too unfortunately, but a lot of strikers are like that. Remember Beckford is very much like this - gets in decent positions, pacy, but finishing not 100% (more like 10% at Everton!)

[/quote]

Got to agree,i dont think Jackson has suddenly become a bad player and would be intrested to see how he would play at the side of Holt on a more regular basis.I also thought Chris Martin looked lazy at coventry and we should have started Wes on the left.

[quote user="rich2408"][quote user="Jin Atwal"]

[/quote] Got to agree,i dont think Jackson has suddenly become a bad player and would be intrested to see how he would play at the side of Holt on a more regular basis.I also thought Chris Martin looked lazy at coventry and we should have started Wes on the left.[/quote]

I agree Chrissy is playing well but a couple of game rest will do him no harm what so ever, So hoolahan left and Jackson up front. Jackson needs a run in the team. 

[quote user="chicken"]And when people talk of come the summer - lets just wait and see.[/quote]

Come the summer it could be a whole different ball game!

Here we go again with the ''Chris Martin'' is lazy syndrome ... there''s no way on earth that Lambert would accommodate a player in his side who is ''lazy'' ... just because his demeanour gives off an impression of arrogance, this doesn''t make him lazy! It''s just simply the way he plays IMO!!!

Rant over ...

People need to start thinking logically.

The only possibility we have in getting a backup for Holt is from the lower leagues, due to:

1) Financial constraints.

2) Players like Beattie aren''t going to want to come to Norwich to sit on the bench and just play when Holts not available. Neither are many premiership loanee''s, they may as well stay at their club. IF we were to get someone from Champ or above then it''s going to be somebody to replace Holt primarily, rather than just provide cover.

3) Everyone saying Martin & Jackson just doesn''t work, would you be saying the same had Jacksons one on one been scored, and Martins header gone flying into the top corner? Probably not, and whilst a big man is ideal, when Holty''s out Chrissy is capable of some wonderful goals and Jackson has the pace to get him through one-on-one too.