Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Leigh Griffiths

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Certainly worth having a look at, Dundee are in real trouble financially and would probably sell for a few peanuts. His record is brilliant considering he only turned 20 at the start of this season.[/quote]

or maybe a lifetime supply of battered Mars bars

Nice to see you''re not falling for any old stereotypes there. Next you''ll be telling us he''s very careful with his money.

25 points deduction for administration seems a little harsh! Mind you, I guess it would discourage clubs who think it''s an easy way to clear debts before a takeover and fresh investement.

Its a perfectly acceptable punishment in my eyes. In fact, the club should be made to pay every pound that they owe and be given a set amount to spend on transfers and wages until the money is paid off.

As for the player, looks very promising and there would appear to be many clubs after him. Worth a punt.

Leigh Griffiths seems to shoot on sight - very instinctive and being left-footed he''s a bit like Chris Commons in some respects?

The highlights on You Tube look impressive, although dreadful defensive positioning and poor goalkeeping favour him - he wouldn''t enjoy that much space in the Championship...

PS: Where are all the fans in those clips? He''d also need to get used to playing in front of a mass of people instead of rows of empty seats!

After taking a look at the You Tube video I agree, he looks a good player.

Absolutely ridiculous haircut though.

I think people underestimate the use of having a left footed striker, The striker who plays on the left side of the 2 has an advantage as they can shoot across the keeper easier with their right foot, a left footed striker on the right has the same advantage.

[quote user="bjg123"]I think people underestimate the use of having a left footed striker, The striker who plays on the left side of the 2 has an advantage as they can shoot across the keeper easier with their right foot, a left footed striker on the right has the same advantage.[/quote]

I agree; my 13 year old is a left-footed striker and (call me biased!) I love watching him when he starts on the right and cuts in to shoot. I have often wondered why a left-footer typically looks more stylish on the ball? I mean, players have two legs so it shouldn''t make any difference really. Yet so often you hear "Nice left peg that lad!" - anyone agree?

PS: My son has played for NCFC Academy in games against Arsenal, Spurs & Fulham - and the coaches always played him wide left. Left-sided players do get pigeon-holed pretty quickly it seems...