Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Crystal Palace game could be called off

pinkun is saying Crystal Palace game could end up getting called off with freezing temperatures predicted for most of the week and of course this bing selhurst park they have no undersoil heating. Cant say i would complain too much if it was called off as would obviously mean one less game during the busy festive period. Also im at uni in London so hopefully they would reschedule it during a time i can go.

Yeah I could see this being called off, and I think Crystal Palace have a few injuries, so I doubt there would be much compalint from them. However, saying this, they apparently have very good ground covers which despite snow and freezing temperatures, made their last home game able to go ahead. Personally, I hope we do play, as after a high from Coventry it would nice to be able to try and get another away win under our belts before we have two home gomes, one of which QPR. Also, assumming Barnett gets additonal bans from the FA, I would rather one of these count as Crystal Palace.

Palace like Ipswich use layers of covers and hot air machines, I''m sure they''ll get it sorted for Sunday

[quote user="cityangel"]

Palace like Ipswich use layers of covers and hot air machines, I''m sure they''ll get it sorted for Sunday

[/quote]

Binner

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Binner

[/quote]

[:)][:)]

It told you that on Sky before their game with Leicester.

Official site ''ticketing update'' is now recommending that supporters buy tickets at Selhurst Park on the day, which I imagine is a measure to avoid the problems from Coventry with fans buying in advance then being unable to travel.

I moved down to London from Norfolk 6 months ago and I haven''t been able to see Crystal Palace away for years. As boxing day and new years eve for

So im hoping that its called off as im back in norfolk for boxing day.

Bring on the snow in London thats what I say!!

I want it played whilst we are on a roll away from home.  Selhurst Park has been a bad place to visit for years, but at the moment we fear no-one on the road - bring it on I say. 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Binner

[/quote]

[:)][:)]

It told you that on Sky before their game with Leicester.

[/quote]

[;)]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Official site ''ticketing update'' is now recommending that supporters buy tickets at Selhurst Park on the day, which I imagine is a measure to avoid the problems from Coventry with fans buying in advance then being unable to travel.[/quote]

The other reason is the post is shite at the moment and tickets are likely to get caught up in it

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Official site ''ticketing update'' is now recommending that supporters buy tickets at Selhurst Park on the day, which I imagine is a measure to avoid the problems from Coventry with fans buying in advance then being unable to travel.[/quote]

The other reason is the post is shite at the moment and tickets are likely to get caught up in it

[/quote]

Their tickets take ages to get to people nowadays anyway whether its Xmas or not, they use UK mail now to save money and post is only sent out in batches, so you could buy your tickets on a Monday and they might not get to UK Mail until the Friday, they then deliver them to your local post office and then your postman delivers them in the normal way.

Its a cost cutting exercise to save money on postage.

I just hope that for the sake of all fans if they do call it off they don''t leave it till Boxing Day.

Undoubtedly they''d leave it to the last minute leaving some fans with a long journey to and from london for no reason. Boxing Day sales on Oxford Street anyone?

Davo