Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

We WILL win at Palace

One thing that Lambert and his players love is being the underdog. This is where they thrive. Forget the history book - Thay means nothing with the side we have now - this coupled with the convincing Cov win equals three points! At a guess, Holt to grab another brace, another tight match yes, but another convincing performance (lets face facts - I cant even remember the last time we were outplayed??) will get us through. With Barnett back (with a point to prove) and Holt firing on all cylinders it simply has to be. Im so certain Im placing a bet. I suggest others do the same, and have a very merry Christmas!

Oh and the game will go ahead. Palace cover their green.

I definiately think this is a winnable too! However, not sure if Barnett will be back just yet, we will have to wait for the hearing tomorrow

Cheers CG! Usually these type of posts get crucified, obviously the climate has changed! Didnt reliase Barnett was awaiting a decision, I thought he got two yellows?? Oh well, with Nelson doing the business in  his place. Im still incredably optimistic about this one. More so then Ive been in 5 to 6 years. If we lose it will be in a similar fashion to the Portsmouth game - no justice for the performance - thats football sadly, but if we play like weve played in the last ten games, it should be a formality this one. Lets hope so.

I don''t get why you think we are the underdogs? We are in the play off''s they are in relegation zone. Am fairly confident of a win.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Cheers CG! Usually these type of posts get crucified, obviously the climate has changed! Didnt reliase Barnett was awaiting a decision, I thought he got two yellows?? Oh well, with Nelson doing the business in  his place. Im still incredably optimistic about this one. More so then Ive been in 5 to 6 years. If we lose it will be in a similar fashion to the Portsmouth game - no justice for the performance - thats football sadly, but if we play like weve played in the last ten games, it should be a formality this one. Lets hope so.[/quote]

Barnett did get two yellows, but beacause he threw the ball at the ref afterwords he is finding out if he gets additonal match bans and a fine

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Cheers CG! Usually these type of posts get crucified, obviously the climate has changed! Didnt reliase Barnett was awaiting a decision, I thought he got two yellows?? Oh well, with Nelson doing the business in  his place. Im still incredably optimistic about this one. More so then Ive been in 5 to 6 years. If we lose it will be in a similar fashion to the Portsmouth game - no justice for the performance - thats football sadly, but if we play like weve played in the last ten games, it should be a formality this one. Lets hope so.[/quote]

Barnett did get two yellows, but beacause he threw the ball at the ref afterwords he is finding out if he gets additonal match bans and a fine

[/quote]

Bloody hell, did he? I listened to the game and never heard that, nor saw it on canary player highlights. [Piss poor way to celebrate a new contract, guilty or not] Well, like I said, Nelson is one hard MF in defence anyway!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="canary_girl"]

[/quote]

Bloody hell, did he? I listened to the game and never heard that, nor saw it on canary player highlights. [Piss poor way to celebrate a new contract, guilty or not] Well, like I said, Nelson is one hard MF in defence anyway!

[/quote]

Afraid so http://www.vidfootie.com/npower-championship-highlights/npower-championship-highlights-december-11-2010-norwich-vs-portsmouth-0-2/

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

One thing that Lambert and his players love is being the underdog. This is where they thrive. Forget the history book - Thay means nothing with the side we have now - this coupled with the convincing Cov win equals three points! At a guess, Holt to grab another brace, another tight match yes, but another convincing performance (lets face facts - I cant even remember the last time we were outplayed??) will get us through. With Barnett back (with a point to prove) and Holt firing on all cylinders it simply has to be. Im so certain Im placing a bet. I suggest others do the same, and have a very merry Christmas!

Oh and the game will go ahead. Palace cover their green.

[/quote]

Who knows? At risk of rolling out the old cliche again, anyone can beat anyone in the Championship.

Yes, as far as the league table goes we should win but I wouldnt be surprised if we struggled.