Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Sheffield home game

Not only looks like being a sell out (only 12 seats left on sale) but as the away contingency is greatly reduced than those for Leeds and Ipswich games ( looks like only a block and a half )  and therefore reduced segregation, probably the highest attendance of city fans since turning all seater !

Should be a great atmosphere.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Probably will only be a small Sheffield Utd away contingent that will prevent the game from being a complte sell out?[/quote]The Blades fans usually love the away trip to Carra Rudd - they treat it as a full weekend away but as it falls in the Xmas holidays they may not travel in quite the same numbers but I''m sure they''ll still sell it out, despite the dross they have been turning out.  Unfortunately for us they seem to have re-discovered how to play Ched Evans at his best now.  We''ll have to ensure Andy Reid doesn''t get to play some raking balls over the top of our defence for Ched to run on to, else it will be the curse of the returning striker again.  At least it won''t be new manager syndrome, they have said they don''t plan to appoint a new one until the new year.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Probably will only be a small Sheffield Utd away contingent that will prevent the game from being a complte sell out?[/quote]The Blades fans usually love the away trip to Carra Rudd - they treat it as a full weekend away but as it falls in the Xmas holidays they may not travel in quite the same numbers but I''m sure they''ll still sell it out, despite the dross they have been turning out.  Unfortunately for us they seem to have re-discovered how to play Ched Evans at his best now.  We''ll have to ensure Andy Reid doesn''t get to play some raking balls over the top of our defence for Ched to run on to, else it will be the curse of the returning striker again.  At least it won''t be new manager syndrome, they have said they don''t plan to appoint a new one until the new year.[/quote]O driscoll now it talks apparently, would be supprised if he left donny to go there tbh.

[quote user="Chalk"][quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Probably will only be a small Sheffield Utd away contingent that will prevent the game from being a complte sell out?[/quote]The Blades fans usually love the away trip to Carra Rudd - they treat it as a full weekend away but as it falls in the Xmas holidays they may not travel in quite the same numbers but I''m sure they''ll still sell it out, despite the dross they have been turning out.  Unfortunately for us they seem to have re-discovered how to play Ched Evans at his best now.  We''ll have to ensure Andy Reid doesn''t get to play some raking balls over the top of our defence for Ched to run on to, else it will be the curse of the returning striker again.  At least it won''t be new manager syndrome, they have said they don''t plan to appoint a new one until the new year.[/quote]O driscoll now it talks apparently, would be supprised if he left donny to go there tbh.[/quote]Yeah - he''s favourite among my Blades friends who are "in the know", but Donny will never be as big as Sheff U so apparently he is up for it!  Phil Brown to Donny to replace him is also lined up.  The bit about appointment in the New Year apparently is something contractrual - will save a bob or two that O''Driscoll can then spend on players.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]

A friend of mine, a keen Blades fan, has told me that he knows quite a few Blades fans who have been put off going to the match because they consider the £31 ticket price too steep.

[/quote]

Yawn,yawn,yawn.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="JimRoyle"]

A friend of mine, a keen Blades fan, has told me that he knows quite a few Blades fans who have been put off going to the match because they consider the £31 ticket price too steep.

[/quote]

Yawn,yawn,yawn.

[/quote]

Merry Christmas! [;)]