Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Gary Madine??

Yer didn''t he score against on the last game last season?

Also he was on loan at Coventry last season, apparently a talent just has big attitude problems according to my Cov supporting mate

I  must admit that he caught my eye in the last match of last season when he scored for Carlisle and I''ve seen a couple of his goals this season aswell on the FL show. Looks a tall, strong forward, could be good back up for Holt and coming from Carlisle surely wouldn''t kick up a fuss about possibly having to initially sit on the bench?

Doesn''t sound like someone PL would want then unless the attitude is more of a confidence thing similar to Chrissy Martin

I''d like the look of him. Good young player with recognised potential, and has just started scoring regularly since the end of last season

Journalism fail....

At 6ft 2ins, Morrison has the height much needed in

the striker pack, and an excellent pedigree with a total of 98 league

goals since signing for Northampton in August, 2001, a total of 194

games, or an average of 1.98 goals a game.

That would make him better than, um, anyone ever.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Journalism fail....

At 6ft 2ins, Morrison has the height much needed in the striker pack, and an excellent pedigree with a total of 98 league goals since signing for Northampton in August, 2001, a total of 194 games, or an average of 1.98 goals a game.

[/quote]

Best sign him up quick then[:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Journalism fail....

At 6ft 2ins, Morrison has the height much needed in the striker pack, and an excellent pedigree with a total of 98 league goals since signing for Northampton in August, 2001, a total of 194 games, or an average of 1.98 goals a game.

[/quote]

Looks like you did your sums backwards  Mister Chops. However, it''s still a pretty good ratio of a goal every two games.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/norwichcity/fb_news.php?storyid=10505&title=city_interest_in_gary_madine

Anyone know much about this guy?

[/quote]

looked ok for cov but would need time to develop and think we need someone that could just come straight in and get on with it from day one.

maybe austin he has had a years more experience and could probaly fit in easy

We don''t have the finances to go out and add players who are proven at this level to our squad, it''s got to be a case of Lambert identifying somebody from the lower leagues or somebody from above available on the cheap whom they''ve believe can step up at City.

Proven Championship strikers generally will come with 7 figure price tags before wages have even been considered.

I can''t see the club paying upwards of £1m for a player who will be coming in as cover/competition for Holt rather than as a replacement.

I would agree that Morrison would be too expensive. The rumour of a deal for Austin, with OTJ and Johnson going the other way, sounds plausible for a more proven striker. That failing, Madine (6''3" in the Carlisle profile) could be worth a punt as back-up for Holt while retaining Johnson. I would bet on Lambert sorting out any attitude problems!