Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

Barnet Out for 2 more games

Thats not too bad.  He wil be back for the QPR game which is good.  And yeah, Nelson to carry on in his place, I don''t like Nelson but him and Askou are about the same at Championship level and Nelson played last week so he carries on.  I would want Barnett to come straight back in though.

To be honsest I''m quite relieved that it''s only 2 matches. When it happened all sorts of figures ran through my mind 4 -6 or even 8.

We all remember the pathetic theatricals from referee Paul Alcock when he exaggerated Paolo Di Canio''s push on him that led to a 12 match? ban.

I think the club might be quietly relieved at this.

It should have been a hefty fine, that way the player not the club is penalised for something that was not a game related incident.

By that there was no unfair advantage attempting to be gained - no reckless challenge, no last defender bringing down a striker, handball etc

Barnett''s actions did not, and could not have, impacted on the game.

[quote user="City1st"]It should have been a hefty fine, that way the player not the club is penalised for something that was not a game related incident.

By that there was no unfair advantage attempting to be gained - no reckless challenge, no last defender bringing down a striker, handball etc

Barnett''s actions did not, and could not have, impacted on the game.[/quote]I agree 100%

Nelson is a good defender, and better than Askou by some distance.

I had my doubts in his first few weeks here, but since then he''s done very little to suggest he''s anything less than capable.

Barnett has been superb since he joined (as has Ward, for the most part) so I''d naturally prefer him in the line-up, but Nelson will provide more than adequate cover for the next two matches.

I honestly thought the FA would go to town and give him a  5 game ban or something stupid... a ban is never good but at least he will be back for QPR