Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

justin fashanu article

Maybe the little teenage s cummer singing a derogatory Justin Fashanu song at the Derby who wern''t born when he played for Norwich should have a look to learn a little about the guy they singing bad songs about!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Maybe the little teenage s cummer singing a derogatory Justin Fashanu song at the Derby who wern''t born when he played for Norwich should have a look to learn a little about the guy they singing bad songs about![/quote]Who wasn''t at that age?

Well before my Time but what a player Justin was! Brian Clough failed him so badly in his hour of need, just what could Justin have become on the pitch if he had been backed off it.Died in May 1998, the last game at Elm Park, city won 1-0 and the fans went home after a nothing game... Justin Fashanu has never been remembered by the club since his death, no minutes silence, nothing in the programme. that in itself is a tragedy....Norwich accepted Justin for what he was, a talented young footballer with the world at his feet. once he came out as being Gay when at Forest it became a witch hunt, Brian Clough was one of the most respected managers in the game and if he had spoken up in favour Justin maybe he''d still be alive today....R I P Justin Fashanu. England might never known what they were missed at the 1982 and 86 world cups.

Jas I quite agree with all that you have said but fortunately I was there when ‘that’ goal flew in and it will never be forgotten.

I think I was about ten at the time and like most young Yellas at the time Fash was my hero and fully concur that he never got close to realising the full scale of his talents.

From memory he was always regarded as better footballer than John who I think went on to get the odd England cap and enjoyed an illustrious career, what might have been I suppose?

To my mind it is time the club recognised him, we don’t have a young player of the season award from memory so perhaps we ought to name it after him and I would like to think we are sufficiently progressive to allow this to happen?

I was at the game (i was 14 at the time), as a schoolboy Justin was my City hero, all kids love a stiker.

There was a post on here after the Ipswich game asking if that was your best ever game seen. I picked three others, one being the Liverpool game, who will ever forget that goal or the nonchalant celebration.

Trouble at Forest was he was played in a different style as well as poorly treated when he came out.

Was one of my saddest days when i heard he had killed himself, such a waste of unfullfilled talent

Agree with the other posts, would be great to have his name on a young player trophy or similar

I was 17 at the time and remember it as if it was yesterday.For those who are to young to have seen it (or those that want to see it again) click HERE

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Well before my Time but what a player Justin was! Brian Clough failed him so badly in his hour of need, just what could Justin have become on the pitch if he had been backed off it.Died in May 1998, the last game at Elm Park, city won 1-0 and the fans went home after a nothing game... Justin Fashanu has never been remembered by the club since his death, no minutes silence, nothing in the programme. that in itself is a tragedy....Norwich accepted Justin for what he was, a talented young footballer with the world at his feet. once he came out as being Gay when at Forest it became a witch hunt, Brian Clough was one of the most respected managers in the game and if he had spoken up in favour Justin maybe he''d still be alive today....R I P Justin Fashanu. England might never known what they were missed at the 1982 and 86 world cups.[/quote]Not excusing Clough.  But Clough was so narcissistic he seemed to want to put anyone down if he felt like it.  And back then calling somebody a poof was like calling somebody a baldy or something.  Justin seemed a very sensitive type of person took it all personally, whereas somebody who was more thick skinned would''ve told Clough to **** off out of their private life.  Like I said I''m not making excuses, it seems Justin was a the wrong place at the wrong time. That helped made the outcome of his life.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Jas I quite agree with all that you have said but fortunately I was there when ‘that’ goal flew in and it will never be forgotten.

I think I was about ten at the time and like most young Yellas at the time Fash was my hero and fully concur that he never got close to realising the full scale of his talents.

From memory he was always regarded as better footballer than John who I think went on to get the odd England cap and enjoyed an illustrious career, what might have been I suppose?

To my mind it is time the club recognised him, we don’t have a young player of the season award from memory so perhaps we ought to name it after him and I would like to think we are sufficiently progressive to allow this to happen?[/quote]I quite agree.  The JF Young Player of the Season

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Well before my Time but what a player Justin was! Brian Clough failed him so badly in his hour of need, just what could Justin have become on the pitch if he had been backed off it.

Died in May 1998, the last game at Elm Park, city won 1-0 and the fans went home after a nothing game... Justin Fashanu has never been remembered by the club since his death, no minutes silence, nothing in the programme. that in itself is a tragedy....

Norwich accepted Justin for what he was, a talented young footballer with the world at his feet. once he came out as being Gay when at Forest it became a witch hunt, Brian Clough was one of the most respected managers in the game and if he had spoken up in favour Justin maybe he''d still be alive today....

R I P Justin Fashanu. England might never known what they were missed at the 1982 and 86 world cups.
[/quote]

Cough failed him badly!!!  What about us?  Why do you think we sold him in the first place?  Brian Clough may not have known about his ''problems'' but John Bond and Arthur South certainly did.