Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Today's Daily Mail - "Steve Morison To Norwich"?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]

No chance. He is in the form of his career here at the moment, is captain and well loved by the fans.

There is no way Holt''s going.

[/quote]

Never underestimate the lure of extra money, family ties and that one last chance to play in the top flight. I can see Holt being tempted by a bigger club, like I can see every player at our club being tempted.

It is worth noting that with Holt''s driving ban it is going to be much harder for him to see his family regulary than it was before. He seemed to be travelling up to Carlise once or twice a week before.

[/quote]

Apert from maybe (only just) West Ham NONE of the clubs linked with holt are bigger clubs than us. Having said that i will grant you money and being nearer family may come into the equation!

[/quote]I would of thought Bolton is a bigger club? Top half team atm so yeah..

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]

Here we go again! Your source being? Or did you get a new crystal ball for your birthday?

[/quote]

Latest news from my Source: Norwich''s club statement is merely a smokescreen to prevent supporter unrest. Hotshot Holt has already informed Lambert of his desire to move in January and Lambert & Mcnally are negotiating a fee as I type believed to be in the region of 2.25Million. To soften the blow of losing Holt Lambert is trying to tie up a deal for Morrison.

More news from my source, Hoolahan will leave to join Everton for 350K with James Vaughan coming in on loan once his deal with palace has expired & Lambert will move for Charlton winger Scott Wagstaff.

Please be carefull with who you share this information with.  

[/quote]

And crap like this really does give my Arse an head ache

[quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]After they lost out with Jason Scotland, I think Wigan will think twice before signing a championship target man again.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]After they lost out with Jason Scotland, I think Wigan will think twice before signing a championship target man again.[/quote]

My source has just called he''s informed me Holt was tapped up by Owen coyle whilst taking a pee at birch services on route to Wigan. Holt is now set to sign for Bolton causes outrage at the DW stadium with Martinez now turning his attention to Rory Fallon.

why is "a bigger club" important?   If it was how do those minnows of wigan sign ANY players???   Such arrogant hogwash to assume Holt would stay here because of the fans basee.  Feeling valued, rewarded, playing regular football for a manager he respects come into it far more. 

However players are primarily money driven.   but who would not want to play at the top level of their field and get better pay as a consequence?  While Holts family remain in the North West (as I understand they do - but I accept that may be wrong) the lure of  a larger (pay and term) contract AND being able to commute from "home" would be an understandable lure.

Its the rumour season - and its a fact that 98.768% of the rumours dont happen.   Just as so many of the statements on this thread as to whether he will stay or go or has even thought about it.

Holts playing well in a decent team who look as if they can have a good crack at going up this season, at a club on the up and enjoying good support.

Why would he ditch this half way through to go to a bankrolled little club that has a poor support, very likely to go down and go from being the 1st name on the teamsheet at Norwich to being a benchsitter at Wigan?

Would love to sign Morrison as that would mean we were covered when Holts not playing!

Although bollox.

If we could sell Holt for 2.5 and buy Morrison, I would be chuffed. I actually think that he is better than Holt.

I could see some truth in Holt wanting to go back up North, every week on Twitter he is always heading back up North.

I certainly can - just as I am sure you can stimulate the animals in your life. By the way - learn punctuation at the school you''re evidently still in. A full stop means the end of a sentence.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m going to stop now I promise before I get abused! I realise that posting my info from my source is not particulary that funny, infact not funny at all and merely resulting in annoying my fellow posters. Please accept my apology.[/quote]

Dickhead!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m going to stop now I promise before I get abused! I realise that posting my info from my source is not particulary that funny, infact not funny at all and merely resulting in annoying my fellow posters. Please accept my apology.[/quote]

Dickhead! [/quote]

Ooo very offensive today!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I certainly can - just as I am sure you can stimulate the animals in your life. By the way - learn punctuation at the school you''re evidently still in. A full stop means the end of a sentence.[/quote]

I touched a nerve there mate didn''t I, perhaps your insecure about something?

[quote user="Bury Green"]Oh for heavens sake get a grip, since when were Wigan ever a bigger club? They play in a half full Lego set and could well be playing championship football by next August anyway with us heading the other way. As mentioned Holt is in the form of his career and being placed just a couple of points away from the automatic promotion places I suggest a large glass of realism ought to be in order. Morrison would be a great addition and as mentioned elsewhere would actually do well with Holt rather than instead of Holt.[/quote]

Harsh on Wigan, they will be proud of the fact they have sustained three seasons of top flight football on a miniscule budget. Fair play to them, but if those pie eating f##kers think they can steal GH from us at this moment in time they need to falg down a cap for real street!!

[quote user="barclayendstand"][quote user="Canary1902"]

In an article about Notts Forest[/quote]

There is no such team as "Notts Forest".

There is Notts County and Nottinghamham Forest.

[/quote]But the second ''ham'' is silent.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="barclayendstand"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]But the second ''ham'' is silent.[/quote][:D]

[/quote]

Yeah, If you''re going to try and be clever, be clever and spell it right. Otherwise your point goes unnoticed whilst we all wonder who the hell Nottinghamham Forest are.

Proud that they''ve sustained three season of top flight football on a minscule budget that sees them spending far more than they can afford, resulting in massive losses that their Sugar Daddy Dave Whelan picks up.

Modern football is fantastic!

[/quote]Pedantic fail.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Proud that they''ve sustained three season of top flight football on a minscule budget that sees them spending far more than they can afford, resulting in massive losses that their Sugar Daddy Dave Whelan picks up.

Modern football is fantastic![/quote]

6 seasons. Depressing isn''t it.

Fun fact: I know their season ticket holder.

[quote user="Canary1902"][quote user="barclayendstand"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

Yeah, If you''re going to try and be clever, be clever and spell it right. Otherwise your point goes unnoticed whilst we all wonder who the hell Nottinghamham Forest are.

[/quote]Aren''t they the team Gareth Gates supports?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canary1902"][quote user="barclayendstand"][quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aren''t they the team Gareth Gates supports?

[/quote]

No, that''s Nottinghamhamhamhamham Forest