Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Today's Daily Mail - "Steve Morison To Norwich"?

In an article about Notts Forest today in the Daily Mail it says: "However, Forest could be pipped by Norwich to £1.5m Millwall striker Steve Morison"

Anyone know anything about this?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]

No chance. He is in the form of his career here at the moment, is captain and well loved by the fans.

There is no way Holt''s going.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]According to my source it''s a replacent for Wigan bound holt who wants to move to the north west to be nearer his family.[/quote]

No chance. He is in the form of his career here at the moment, is captain and well loved by the fans.

[/quote]

Never underestimate the lure of extra money, family ties and that one last chance to play in the top flight. I can see Holt being tempted by a bigger club, like I can see every player at our club being tempted.

It is worth noting that with Holt''s driving ban it is going to be much harder for him to see his family regulary than it was before. He seemed to be travelling up to Carlise once or twice a week before.

I think Holt would be the sort of player that Martinez would be likely to sign, he took Scotland from Swansea and that didn`t workout,  Holt`s style of play and his goal scoring record are pretty rare qualities and he is bound to be attracting attention from some of the lower Prem clubs who don`t have much money. You couldn`t blame him for wanting a big payday and this is his best chance. Having said that I would be amazed if he chose to go at the moment, I think all our players will stay for the rest of this season, our club is an exciting place for them to be, subject to contract negotiations of course. 

Holt in the Premiership you must be having a laugh. He has been playing great for us and i have been impressed of late as to how he is making his mark on the championship. Its not long ago that people were saying that league 1 was his level. Holt at 29 would not save wigan, unless they spend shedloads of cash they are doomed IMO. Would they want to pay big money for a player whi will soon be in his 30s. I want to keep Holt and he would be sensible to stay here. Morrison however would be a greay signing. It doesnt have to be little and large up front, large and large would be very potent indeed

Oh for heavens sake get a grip, since when were Wigan ever a bigger club?

They play in a half full Lego set and could well be playing championship football by next August anyway with us heading the other way.

As mentioned Holt is in the form of his career and being placed just a couple of points away from the automatic promotion places I suggest a large glass of realism ought to be in order.

Morrison would be a great addition and as mentioned elsewhere would actually do well with Holt rather than instead of Holt.

think this would be a great signing; however, I can''t see it myself, if Nottingham Forest are in the race they will have a lot more money than us to spend, and also has it been confirmed that Morison wants to move or that Milwall are willing to sell?

Here we go again! Your source being? Or did you get a new crystal ball for your birthday?

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

HOLT NOT FOR SALE.

This is the message from the club today , and strangely, I believe them.

don''t you mean sauce because you must of been drinking

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

Never underestimate the lure of extra money, family ties and that one last chance to play in the top flight. I can see Holt being tempted by a bigger club, like I can see every player at our club being tempted.

It is worth noting that with Holt''s driving ban it is going to be much harder for him to see his family regulary than it was before. He seemed to be travelling up to Carlise once or twice a week before.

[/quote]

Apert from maybe (only just) West Ham NONE of the clubs linked with holt are bigger clubs than us. Having said that i will grant you money and being nearer family may come into the equation!

Aparently Sheffield United and Milwall are the clubs interested in Owain Tudor-Jones. If there is any truth in us being linked with Moriosn and Millwall being interested in Tudor-Jones then perhaps they would be willing to reduce Morison''s price tag in exchange for Tudor-Jones, I''m sure that would suit us nicely! [Y]

With regards to the Nottingham Forest race comment, I''m pretty sure I read yesterday that Norwich are recieving £3m to spend in january?

[quote user="Canary1902"]With regards to the Nottingham Forest race comment, I''m pretty sure I read yesterday that Norwich are recieving £3m to spend in january?[/quote]

Actually forget that comment, I read it on a Rumours website. It''s probably tosh

[quote user="Canary1902"]With regards to the Nottingham Forest race comment, I''m pretty sure I read yesterday that Norwich are recieving £3m to spend in january?[/quote]

I also read though, despite what this paper has said about Morison going for 1.5, that Forest have already discussed 2 million with Milwall which they turned down and that they dont want to sell for anything under 3 million, so that we all of our budget; but to be honest I really can''t see this coming off

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apert from maybe (only just) West Ham NONE of the clubs linked with holt are bigger clubs than us. Having said that i will grant you money and being nearer family may come into the equation!

[/quote]

"It is believed the likes of West Ham, Wigan, Bolton and Blackpool are all monitoring Holt."

I would argue that all those clubs apart from Blackpool are bigger than us, they can certainly all pay more than us. Bolton are currently in the top 10 of the Premier League. I don''t understand why many people consider us a bigger club than teams like West Ham, Bolton or even Wigan at the moment. We may have more loyal fans, but in terms of money and position we are dwafted by these teams. Players look at the clubs current positions rather than historical influences, and yes it is a likely that Wigan and West Ham will be relegated but Holt is 29. He would probably rather have 6 months in the Premier League than the lottery that is the Championship this year.

I don''t think he will go, but if he had the choice I''m sure he would be packing his bags and out the door pretty sharpish.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

Here we go again! Your source being? Or did you get a new crystal ball for your birthday?

[/quote]

Latest news from my Source: Norwich''s club statement is merely a smokescreen to prevent supporter unrest. Hotshot Holt has already informed Lambert of his desire to move in January and Lambert & Mcnally are negotiating a fee as I type believed to be in the region of 2.25Million. To soften the blow of losing Holt Lambert is trying to tie up a deal for Morrison.

More news from my source, Hoolahan will leave to join Everton for 350K with James Vaughan coming in on loan once his deal with palace has expired & Lambert will move for Charlton winger Scott Wagstaff.

Please be carefull with who you share this information with.  

Hoolahan for £350k. Give it a rest. Lambert isn''t stupid.

As for Morison, as much as I''d want him at City, if it was at the expense of Mr Holt, I can''t say I would be overly happy

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Latest news from my Source: Norwich''s club statement is merely a smokescreen to prevent supporter unrest. Hotshot Holt has already informed Lambert of his desire to move in January and Lambert & Mcnally are negotiating a fee as I type believed to be in the region of 2.25Million. To soften the blow of losing Holt Lambert is trying to tie up a deal for Morrison.

More news from my source, Hoolahan will leave to join Everton for 350K with James Vaughan coming in on loan once his deal with palace has expired & Lambert will move for Charlton winger Scott Wagstaff.

Please be carefull with who you share this information with.  

[/quote]What a plonker!

Sure i read something recently where Millwall said there was no chance whatsoever of them selling Morrison to another Championship club.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

HOLT NOT FOR SALE.

This is the message from the club today , and strangely, I believe them.

[/quote]I believe them but it doesn''t mean much if someone makes an offer of a rather sizable amount.  Every player has a price.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]How gullible are some of u guys?? As if u thought I was trying to be serious lappinitup![/quote]don''t start attacking people just because your pathetic attempt at stirring stuff up failed miserably. go find a ball and bounce it

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]How gullible are some of u guys?? As if u thought I was trying to be serious lappinitup![/quote]don''t start attacking people just because your pathetic attempt at stirring stuff up failed miserably. go find a ball and bounce it[/quote]

Didn''t fail though did it, because people reacted!

If I was trying to make up a real rumour I wouldn''t have made it as obvious it was fake. It was meant as a joke like like 99% of rumours on this board!