Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Barnett outcome today?

I personally think they will make an example of him, with the good ole Referee being in the spotlight in recent times (especially in Scotland) i think he''ll get a further two game suspension.Any other thoughts?

3 games not including the one he''s had + fine and a warning about his future conduct.

He was wrong apologised but as said above they won''t miss a chance to make an example of him.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Archant have taken down the leniency story. [/quote]No conspiracy - system playing up. Should be back anytime now....

i think 3 game ban and that''s not making an example, what he did was stupid, but i think his apology will help it from being any longer- between 5-8 games. you cant throw a ball at a ref, i will be very happy if its anything less than 3

My money''s on another 1 game ban and fine around the £1500 level. Another opportunity for Mcnamee to play at centre back. Anything to keep Michael Nelson out eh!

No matter how much contrition he has shown, I can''t possibly see how they can give any less than a further three-game ban - that''s the standard ban for a ''violent conduct'' charge against another player, and the FA has to be seen to protect referees from physical abuse from players. Hopefully the fact that the offence was right at the lower end of the ''violent conduct'' spectrum will mean he only gets another three games.

[quote user="Coelho"]No matter how much contrition he has shown, I can''t possibly see how they can give any less than a further three-game ban - that''s the standard ban for a ''violent conduct'' charge against another player, and the FA has to be seen to protect referees from physical abuse from players. Hopefully the fact that the offence was right at the lower end of the ''violent conduct'' spectrum will mean he only gets another three games.
[/quote]

Barnett is up on an "improper conduct" charge where the punishments are a lot more variable. Some get a fine, some get extra match bans; all depending on the offence.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Could''ve been worse. I assume it starts immediately?[/quote]It does - misses Palace Boxing Day and Sheff Utd Dec 28.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="s10_yellow"]Could''ve been worse. I assume it starts immediately?[/quote]It does - misses Palace Boxing Day and Sheff Utd Dec 28.[/quote]

Lovely Xmas break for Barnett, result for him eh ????

He shouldn''t have done it in the first place but at least he will be back for the QPR game.

Not too bad. It''s worked out nicely considering Lambert will probably want to rotate the squad anyway with 4 games in 9 days. Nelsen may give Barnett a bit of competition for his place too.

Might and probably should have been alot worse, the FA love nothing more than flexing their muscle, them and Sky should form a tag team.........wait a minute.