Sign in to follow this  
england1966

Becks for Norwich?

Ha ha! It''s completely unrealistic, and I imagine wages would be a stumbling block, but I must admit that I have discussed this over a couple of jars with friends before!! Maybe just wishful thinking.... There''s something about quality players in the twilight of their careers that creates a magical combination when twinned with Carrow Road!Beckham though- I can''t see that happening. However I reckon the media frenzy would be fun to see unfold.A more pertinent question, going back to the point about wages, could be; Would someone like Beckham, who has made a lot of money outside of football (or invested well) be prepared to take a massive pay cut just to continue playing??

And would the manager want him? Doesnt strike  me as a PaulLambert player. He''d have to dispense with the gloves and snood.

He works hard enough but really - do we currently need another midfielder without pace? Centre back and striker yes - a midfielder?? Right side especially, is not top of the shopping list

Totally unrealistic but might just be worth it to see if he could put better crosses into the box for Holty to get in on the end of.