Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Lambert/McNally Interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9313126.stm

Pretty much all been said before, but key points:

a) It seems that Lambert knows EXACTLY who he wants,and McNally has implied we''re close to completing a deal.

b) McNally has said the club are ''content with its position regarding first-team squad contracts'' and that there is no risk of a senior player leaving on a free transfer in January or the summer.

All very positive, as it suggests contracts are being sorted for the likes of Hoolahan/Nelson/etc, which is definitely good news! I''d be surprised if Askou stays though...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9313126.stm

a) It seems that Lambert knows EXACTLY who he wants,and McNally has implied we''re close to completing a deal.

b) McNally has said the club are ''content with its position regarding first-team squad contracts'' and that there is no risk of a senior player leaving on a free transfer in January or the summer.

All very positive, as it suggests contracts are being sorted for the likes of Hoolahan/Nelson/etc, which is definitely good news! I''d be surprised if Askou stays though...[/quote]couldnt sound any better really, looks like we are gonna try push on in the 2nd half of the season and see what happens. I''m just curious to see who we bring in, but i trust Lambert and McNally

[quote user="Rupethebear"]The good news is that we may well have anew kit supplier next year, bring on Adidas or Puma!![/quote]

I think Xara''s kits are actually okay but the rest of the stuff in the club shop is absolute tack so hopefully a new kit manufacturer would sort that out.

one interesting point i though was McNally saying we are fully up to date with payments to HMRC.

As we all know they don''t like football teams and owing them lots is a main cause of teams going into administration. Nice to know the business side of things are well in order.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]The good news is that we may well have anew kit supplier next year, bring on Adidas or Puma!![/quote]

I think Xara''s kits are actually okay but the rest of the stuff in the club shop is absolute tack so hopefully a new kit manufacturer would sort that out.

[/quote]Agree entirely.  I was going to get the boy something for Christmas, but the kiddie''s clothes have "Norwich FC" all over them.  That''s not even the club''s correct name, just smacks of cheap tat.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Agree entirely.  I was going to get the boy something for Christmas, but the kiddie''s clothes have "Norwich FC" all over them.  That''s not even the club''s correct name, just smacks of cheap tat.

[/quote]

Good work on the ''indoctrination'' Chops. Can''t get them young enough - that''s what I say. Back to kits, the Xara designs (if not the quality) are way better than the generic rubbish that Nike and and Adidas or Puma churn out. The best mainstream manufacturer has got to be Mitre..

Back on topic: This isn''t really anything we didn''t already know, half of it appears to be regurgitated Archant stuff or at least stuff from the same post match blurb that Lambert gave out.

McNally hasn''t really given anything away either.

And the term ''senior'' is widely open to interpretation.

Does senior mean regular starting 11 because at the moment Hoolahan isn''t in that.

Does it mean say top 20 players?

Askou is indeed out of contract but we may not know if he has a further one year extension option. It does sound like Hoolahan is in the frame for a new deal, perhaps the reason why he hasn''t played so much recently - time to think it over etc as it could be the last big contract of his career. If he signs two years or more he will be 30ish or over by the time it is up.

It could mean any number of things so lets not get too carried away with it.

Askou recently had an interview with a Danish online newspaper stating, that though he''s happy about his stay at Norwich:"I''d like to go to a place with a bit more perspective. Time will tell if it''s here or somewhere else, but obviously when you haven''t been playing much, then you''re looking at options" and add that a change of clubs could be an option in January.

Chicken, I don''t think there is any way on earth, that we''d Hoolahan could not be considered a "senior player". He was bought for a start, not brought through the ranks. Although he''s out of favour, he''s not a kid. About to make his 100th appearance, and you think he''s not a senior player!! If he had 5 appearances, he''d not be a senior player. If Grant Holt wasn''t playing for 3 games, would you decide he wasn''t a senior player?

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Chicken, I don''t think there is any way on earth, that we''d Hoolahan could not be considered a "senior player". He was bought for a start, not brought through the ranks. Although he''s out of favour, he''s not a kid. About to make his 100th appearance, and you think he''s not a senior player!! If he had 5 appearances, he''d not be a senior player. If Grant Holt wasn''t playing for 3 games, would you decide he wasn''t a senior player?[/quote]

At no point did I say he is not a senior player - just that the term ''senior'' is rather open to interpretation.

Senior to me is anyone that is 20+ and in the squad.

And comparatively speaking Askou is also a ''senior'' player and yet people think it is likely he will move on.

As I have said, if you look at that statement it would suggest that Hoolahan has been offered a new contract and he has signed it, which may also explain the reasoning behind him not being starting 11 at the moment.

At 28 whatever he signs now will leave him being 30 when he signs for his next club (May birthday). So as some would say, its his last oppertunity of a big pay check.

But I will say it again, it sounds very much as if a contract has been sorted as why else would you state no other ''senior'' player will ''walk'' away from the club.

Both Askou and Hoolahan would be allowed to start speaking to other parties in January and able to sign pre-contractual agreements with other clubs to sign in the summer.

One thing slightly hidden between the lines is that McNally said that we don''t have to sell anyone we don''t want to sell. And that no senior player will be able to leave for nothing, so there could be truth in the Hoolahan to be sold rumour as it would not be counter to what they have said.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9313126.stm

All very positive, as it suggests contracts are being sorted for the likes of Hoolahan/Nelson/etc, which is definitely good news! I''d be surprised if Askou stays though...[/quote]

With Drury signing an extension today, let''s hope there''s news about Wes soon

Lets hope that they offer Holty a new contract soon too so he''s one of our top earners and doesn''t need to be tempted anywhere else.

[quote user="cityangel"]Lets hope that they offer Holty a new contract soon too so he''s one of our top earners and doesn''t need to be tempted anywhere else.[/quote][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_45CQ84jr9DQ/S7t0EkNZAUI/AAAAAAAABc0/tZ3ojFgkclI/s1600/flip%2520flops.jpg[/img]