Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Jonathan Woodgate?

''Arry Redknapp has just indicated both parties are interested in Woodgate goign out on loan to get games and aid his recovery, as he appears to ready in a few weeks... I''d personally love him here for a few months. Opinions?

Would he come to a championship club?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9320151.stm

yeah i saw this and was wondering if he would go to a championship or prem club, i think harry will send him out to champ for a month, just to get match fix. He wont want him going to a prem club i doubt and i dunno how many prem clubs would offer him first team football guaranteed for that month, Harry will send him to a club where hes guaranteed to play and i think that will be in the championship. I personnally wouldnt want a 1 month player at CB, i think its important to have a solid consistent partnership and bringing him in could ruin that and maybe even morale.People will prob say what about wages, but im sure if he does go championship, it will be like bellamy, tottenham will pay most his wages.I''m interested to see where he goes, hes a very good player, but i still wouldnt want him for just  a month.Merry Christmas all

[quote user="priceyrice"]yeah i saw this and was wondering if he would go to a championship or prem club, i think harry will send him out to champ for a month, just to get match fix. He wont want him going to a prem club i doubt and i dunno how many prem clubs would offer him first team football guaranteed for that month, Harry will send him to a club where hes guaranteed to play and i think that will be in the championship. I personnally wouldnt want a 1 month player at CB, i think its important to have a solid consistent partnership and bringing him in could ruin that and maybe even morale.People will prob say what about wages, but im sure if he does go championship, it will be like bellamy, tottenham will pay most his wages.I''m interested to see where he goes, hes a very good player, but i still wouldnt want him for just  a month.Merry Christmas all[/quote]

Totally agreed. (inc Merry Christmas)

unless we were to lose a couple of cb''s over the christmas period with injury/suspension, i dont see the need for another one for just a month.

You also have to wonder about his injuries too, often when players have been long term injured when they start playing again they often pick up other knocks straight away

This is the thing, the injury history just worries me too much. I was just wondering more about whether or not he''d coem to a club like ours. Ido totally agree about the CB partnership thing. As long as Nelson and Ward stay fit during xmas I think we''ll do fine, I believe in them both and when Barnett comes back it''ll be back to business as usual...so no need for Woodgate I guess.

For him to play for Tottenham won''t they have to name him in squad of 25 not listed I presume loan will be for rest of season.  However do we really need him?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]It would give Zak someone to chat to in the treatment room - at least they''d have plenty in common!...[/quote]

Why, is Zak a member of the BNP as well?

Not needed and I think he''d be too much of a risk with injuries and an ego after playing at a higher level.

I think in reality he wouldn''t improve us cause he would find the Championship hard after being out so long and yes while he would still poccess the class that took him to a high level, if his body isn''t right then his ability to defend would be in question!.

[quote user="pete"]For him to play for Tottenham won''t they have to name him in squad of 25 not listed I presume loan will be for rest of season.  However do we really need him?[/quote]im guessing that the 25 man squads you can change in january anyway or something of the sort because clubs will be buying players in january- maybe at the end of Jan they rename thier 25 man squad? i could be compleatly wrong, just having a guess

[quote user="CDMullins"]Has Middlesborough and Leeds connections, thats where he might head first.[/quote]I would''ve thought that Boro would be the most likely destination for him.As for whether I''d have him here: yes, in a heartbeat. He''s had some injuries but he would still be a fantastic player at this level, in my opinion.