Sign in to follow this  
Nolly

Whitbread's Injury

A lot has been made on here in the past about Zac''s injuries. From memory most have mentioned a calf injury.

I''ve just seen PL''s comments on injuries on the main page and he says he has a hamstring injury.

Is this some sort of creeping illness that gradually debilitates the whole body :)

I (for my sins) was at Dagenham and/or Redbridge in pre-season when he got injured during the warm-up which apparantly has lead to this lengthy lay-off.  If he is STILL out as a result of that same injury picked up back in July then there must be something fundamentally wrong with him. Maybe he has recovered from that but through ''over-compensating'' has resulted in him picking up a different one??

[quote user="tom1902"]He must be dead.[/quote]

What a total balls up signing him in the first place, he was injury prone before and that has continued.But PL has made some decent signings so I forgive.

While I was prepared to be patient with him at the start of the season im really starting to lose patience with him and his injuries. You wonder whether hes a bit of a Kieron Dyer or Darren Anderton who is just constantly injured. Its hard to see him making any sort of an impact this season as he is probably a million miles away from match fitness and with Barnett and Ward playing well together it will be difficult for him to break into the side. If maybe he could get fit by January we could send him out on loan to a league one club for the remainder of the season where maybe he could get some games under his belt and maybe he could come good next season.

We bought him while he was injured, and he had a record of being injured.

Perhaps the long lay-off is partly to give the injury a good chance to recover.

We were by Millwall fans that he would be forever in the treatment room and it looks like they were right. Just fortunate that we have 4 other CBs! Apparently Drury is nearly fit again which will be a big relief. Hopefully Hughes and Surman aren''t that far off either, but at least there''s Lansbury''s extension.

I dont think Zak Whitbread actually exists, it was just a name cooked up by a clever employee at the club and is a way they monitor supporter interest in the team!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I dont think Zak Whitbread actually exists, it was just a name cooked up by a clever employee at the club and is a way they monitor supporter interest in the team![/quote]I still maintain we''ll see him in the Doctor Who Christmas Special; to be fair that''s just as likely as him starting for City any time soon [;)]

If he can''t play against Fakenham in the Norfolk senior cup after being so long then theirs something badly wrong!

I just wish I had done a deal where I was paid £1000 for every week that Whitbread is out injured! 

[quote user="ncfc4life"]While I was prepared to be patient with him at the start of the season im really starting to lose patience with him and his injuries. You wonder whether hes a bit of a Kieron Dyer or Darren Anderton who is just constantly injured. Its hard to see him making any sort of an impact this season as he is probably a million miles away from match fitness and with Barnett and Ward playing well together it will be difficult for him to break into the side. If maybe he could get fit by January we could send him out on loan to a league one club for the remainder of the season where maybe he could get some games under his belt and maybe he could come good next season.
[/quote]

Darren Anderton played 500 games! 

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]While I was prepared to be patient with him at the start of the season im really starting to lose patience with him and his injuries. You wonder whether hes a bit of a Kieron Dyer or Darren Anderton who is just constantly injured. Its hard to see him making any sort of an impact this season as he is probably a million miles away from match fitness and with Barnett and Ward playing well together it will be difficult for him to break into the side. If maybe he could get fit by January we could send him out on loan to a league one club for the remainder of the season where maybe he could get some games under his belt and maybe he could come good next season.
[/quote]

Darren Anderton played 500 games! 

[/quote]

Darren Anderton did play alot of games, but he also missed alot injured for long spells at crucial times when he looked like he was about to become a huge player for England, a massive shame.

I guess Lambert felt that Whitbread is potentially so good that it was worth the gamble, not the players fault and as said before no secret about the history of injuries. Just one of the very few signings that havent come off so far, it happens.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Whitbread is back in training now according to Lambert, this is a crucial time. If he can train well and stay injury free he might be able to get onto the bench in the next month or so, would be like a new signing for the club.

[/quote]

I can''t remember which game he last played for us but seem to remember that when he did play that he impressed??