Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Ridiculous article regarding Leeds on BBC site

Just looking on Paul Fletchers post on the Beeb website talking about the championship (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/12/happy_christmas.html#280099). This is what he said about us and Leeds "But for all that the likes of Norwich and Coventry have also done

very well so far, the story of the Championship to date must be the rise

of Leeds United. They lost 4-0 to Cardiff, were on the wrong end of a 6-4 defeat by bottom club Preston and shipped five at Barnsley earlier in the season.

Those dark days seem a long time ago now for Leeds. Second in the table at Christmas and top of the form chart over the last eight games,

it will be fascinating to see whether Simon Grayson''s team can last the

distance. As things stand, the Yorkshire club are living the dream once

again."

Now it sort of makes out in my opinion that while were doing ok Leeds have done fantistically to be in 2nd. But the fact is we are only two point behind them so I would say we have done equally well maybe they have done marginally better! If it was the other way round and we were in second I gurantee you Leeds would still get all the credit as they are obviously such a "big club". Just annoys me how when they take a good away crowd the media always are quick to go on about it how good there away support it yet do we ever get mentioned no we dont. Manish and Steve Claridge on the football league show are quick to praise their loyal supporters as they were getting home crowds of 30,000 now. Ok if there so loyal where did 10,000 of them come from as I only remember them getting about 20,000 last season. Dont really know why I made this thread, just tend to get wound up about that club very easily haha!

If we were doing equally well we would be in 2nd with them.  If we were doing marginally better, we would be ahead of them.  Give those tossers some credit.  They are top of the form table right now. However I am confident we will be ahead of them when it counts... at the end of the season.  If there is any club who has trouble holding form during the 2nd half of the season it would be Leeds.  Remember last year?  So don''t sweat it when they get some credit... its OK.  We are nice people, they aren''t.

People can talk about Leeds as much they want. I really dont mind. Last season around about this time they were deservedly (I would add) getting praise from all quarters for their excellent league and cup form. Meanwhile we quietly crept into contention at the top of the table and made sure games like the Exeter one at home werent postponed to keep the pressure on. Eventually going ahead of them. We didnt really look back did we?

Let Leeds take all the plaudits and media attention, let Norwich just get on with winning matches and sustaining our top 6 place-quietly, effectively, no fuss, nothing to see here...

They have two decent central defenders on loan, George McCartney and Andy O''Brien who have replaced the clown they had playing before, Naylor and Collins. No idea how long the loans are though.

Leeds form recently has been fantastic, Beating QPR, Superb comeback at Burnley. Their confidence must be sky high. I feel we have overachieved with a fairly average championship squad, Its just Lambert has them playing out of their Skins. Its Exactly the same when we won the league with hucks, we were an average team overacheiving untill he came in.

So if we can just add the new "hucks" to what we have we can most definatley get top two. As for Leeds i wouldnt be suprised if they were top two. They will always have an advantage over us when it comes to attracting top players and i fully expect them to pull out 1 or 2 big signings this January.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]They have two decent central defenders on loan, George McCartney and Andy O''Brien who have replaced the clown they had playing before, Naylor and Collins. No idea how long the loans are though.[/quote]

I think those loans are up the end of January, But the main thing that gets me about Leeds is this, If they are such a big club and have fantastic fans H/a AWay.Why is it they can never fill the top Tiers on home matches with or with out Live TV, are the top tiers unsafe, if so the ground should be condemned  

Well it doesn''t just focus on Leeds but I do agree that it''s pretty ridiculous. He''s only picked Leeds as they just moved up to 2nd over the weekend. ''The story of the Championship''? Surely it''s QPR''s massive unbeaten run until the last weekend, Swansea, Bristol City, Middlesbrough bombing?

Leeds? Pffft

Leeds have done very well to be fair, particularly given that, in my view, they have a very average team. Still momentum can take you a long way in this league!

how does the song go? "its all just a little bit of history repeating?"

Let leeds suffer under the glare of the spotlight induced by their own self importance. It was the same last year - all the media hype in the world cant give you an extra point come the end of the season, but the pressure it can add can help you lose them and is likely to push up and transfer fees come jan too.

We know we are doing well, we know we have the better manager and CEO - the longer and quieter we keep it that way, the better

in answer to your the points you make.O''brien and McCartney are both on loan till the beginning of january.I believe We are in talks with Bolton about O''brien becoming a leeds player as he is out of contract with them in july.McCartney has stated he would like to stay...... so that will be sunderlands decision.the upper tier of the east stand which holds 7000 is not open as bates got a reduction in the rateable value of elland road.we can open the upper tier if bates goes to the council with his check booki think you will find we had higher home attenance figures than you last year

League One 2009/2010 .:. Attendance .:. Home matches

# Team sum Matches average

Leeds United

Leeds United

570.806 23 24.818

Norwich City

Norwich City

567.435 23 24.671
i also think if you check 20 of the 23 clubs had their best attendance of the season against us.

coventry and reading this season is a classic example of why we are a bigger club than you. 28k fill coventry''s stadium when we play 15k when you turn up.reading 23600 for us 16k for you.our home attendances have been low as people are boycotting bates prices. we sell every away allocation.so sorry but we are a bigger club you will jushave to live with it.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]in answer to your the points you make.

O''brien and McCartney are both on loan till the beginning of january.
I believe We are in talks with Bolton about O''brien becoming a leeds player as he is out of contract with them in july.
McCartney has stated he would like to stay...... so that will be sunderlands decision.

the upper tier of the east stand which holds 7000 is not open as bates got a reduction in the rateable value of elland road.
we can open the upper tier if bates goes to the council with his check book

i think you will find we had higher home attenance figures than you last year

League One 2009/2010 .:. Attendance .:. Home matches

#TeamsumMatchesaverage
1Leeds United Leeds United 570.8062324.818
2Norwich City Norwich City 567.4352324.671

i also think if you check 20 of the 23 clubs had their best attendance of the season against us.

coventry and reading this season is a classic example of why we are a bigger club than you. 28k fill coventry''s stadium when we play 15k when you turn up.
reading 23600 for us 16k for you.

our home attendances have been low as people are boycotting bates prices. we sell every away allocation.

so sorry but we are a bigger club you will jushave to live with it.

[/quote]

I can live with that. Presumably you can also live with the fact that its been more than five years since you finished above Norwich in the tables. As you may know, there was a lot of talk from one Leeds fan last season on this forum pointing out to us how far Norwich would finish behind Leeds. Further, it''s almost twenty years since Leeds have won a title. Norwich have had a couple during that time. We may go for a third this season. So when it comes to "big" a person can make themselves look bigger by puffing out their chest. I would simply encourage you not to do it prematurely.

Lets face it the main reason Leeds are doing so well this year is for the first time in about 3 years there''s  little or no pressure on them. The last 3 seasons in League 1 the reason they struggled for so long to get promotion was the ridiculous pressure they where under from their fans especially at home. Remeber the Millwall playoff game the seaon before last and the back end of last season at home against Swindon and the like. Whats happened at Leeds is now they finaly got promted a hugh weight was taken offf the sholders of the whole club and this season they have played with a lot more freedom and i think they players feel under a lot less pressure. The problem Leeds will have is if they are still in the top 2 with say 15 or 10 games to go and they think they are within touching distance of the Prem than all thet pressure will return and i expect they will get the wobbles big time again just like last season.

I think the -4 or lower temperatures had a big part in the smaller attendances for Coventry and Reading against us. Reading was also on the television at 5:20 which made a big difference.And we regularly sell out our away allocation as well.

we sold 6200 for coventry you sold 1800............ so 4400 norwich didnt go because it was cold. also 9000 coventry didnt turn up. fair weather fans???????????. you are lucky to have the choice on wether to purchase tickets on the day depending on weather. we have to apply around 6 weeks in advance for our away tickets.i have already applied for portsmouth end of januaryhull(midweek) bristol city and swansea all in februarywe have sold all our away allocations this season6700 to barnsley midweek6200 coventryover 4000 to forest, boro,reading and burnley(-5) and we have sold our allocation to leicester on boxing day plus 8500 to arsenal in the cup with the 1800 tickets available to members selling in 15 minutes.

Fair enough, you''re a bigger club.You used to be the best club in England. You were a regular fixture in Europe, and you have more than fans than us.However, last year we got relegated and our attendances stayed steady. We get promoted and it''s roughly steady again.You guys have similar attendances last year, and find 10,000 fans from somewhere. You''ll always be a bigger club and that''s fair, but no matter what league we''re in we''ll have fans who care. Can''t say the same for you.

Why do we spend time and effort rationalising hatred of Leeds. I have hated them ever since they introduced those stupid little numbered tags on their sock holdy-uppy-things in the seventies and I don''t see any reason to change my opinion even though that was some 4 decades ago. Blind, irrational hatred is what makes football such an enjoyable tribal obsession. There - I feel better now!

FYI - I prefer to hate Leeds and just feel sorry for the dweebs at the other end of the A140

Don''t forget for the last 4 seasons Leeds have suffered a slump in the second half of the season. :)

Theres no doubt that Leeds are doing well but pundits do go over the top about them and we are so under rated its hilarious!

I always find it very funny that when last seasons League 1 is talked about it always about Leeds going up and no mention of us as if we wern''t even in that Division last season. Christ we finished 9 points clear of Leeds!

I would never try to make our that we''re a bigger club than Leedscum cause we aren''t but lets not get wound up by the usual media blank out of Norwich. Its better to be under rated with no pressure than to be over rated like Leeds which always gets to them nearly every season!

To those who don''t follow football closely, just following urban myths made to seem real by a very biased media, Norwich City are a little club in East Anglia with a small and unpassionate support. I bet many people would say that tomorrows visitors Crystal Palace are a bigger club because they are from London. Unfortunately many Norwich fans get sucked into the little ole Norwich myth and think that way as well!

Leeds sell out away allocations every week, without fail. Yes fair enough, but this is because you have a bigger fan base. - Everyone knows it, no point denying it.However, saying you have better support OVERALL is pure stupidity.. Last season we sold out your away end,  and there was still only 19,000 in the ground. This was a monday night on sky, and it was cold.. [boo hoo]. Leeds don''t have good support, and you can''t deny it either. Your fans turn up as and when they wish, for the occasional big game.The reason your average attendance is level with ours last season, is because you sold 36,000 or whatever it was for about 3 games, therefore pushing your attendances up. The rest of the games you struggled to make 20.All Leeds fans mentality is pathetic. "Champions of Europe?" haaaaaaaa. Full of idiots! Yes you do take good away support, no doubt about it, but stop living in the past! You''re not a big club anymore!!! You like to think people desperately care about you! (which some do, and it''s pathetic when people make a big thing of "the mighty Leeds coming"). You just keep trying to big yourself up.. Please, tell us all that you''re amazing and going up, it makes it funnier when you mess it up again. We love a good laugh at the end of a season, and usually it''s Leeds. Lets hope for it again.OTBC.

Loving the fact norwichwhite hasn''t considered horrific weather and travel conditions for the coventry game (most matches were either off or had lacklustre attendances), and the Reading match early evening and on television... but no, that would adhere to common sense far too much...

I''ve hated Leeds since the 1960s, when they (& Arsenal) were responsible for a decade of the most dire, cynical, ugly, boring football ever inflicted on the British public.Arsenal have since redeemed themselves. Leeds however ...

More than a few of the large Leeds away contingent don''t go to home games in protest about the high prices that Ken Bates charges at Elland Road. So Bates'' prices have had a knock on effect of actually helping to push their away following numbers up!

An even larger % of Leeds'' away contingent are mindless thugs trying to reinact the 70''s and 80''s hooliganism!