Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Did Palace want the game off?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"]
Fulham have undersoil heating - back to school?
[/quote]

No they don''t, only Blackpool, Portsmouth and Fulham don''t have undersoil heating in the Premiership.

[/quote]

Since when did Portsmouth get back to the Premiership my little Angel and as you have just been informed Fulham had undersoil heating installed during the summer and oh by the way Ipswich was called off with a frozen pitch.[;)]

I stand corrected too then, got my facts fom Sky but what do they know [:)] Guess its only Portsmouth and Blackpool in the Premier who havent got it then?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I stand corrected too then, got my facts fom Sky but what do they know [:)] Guess its only Portsmouth and Blackpool in the Premier who havent got it then?

[/quote]

My little Angel............Portsmouth...........Premiership????????????[:O]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"]
Fulham have undersoil heating - back to school?
[/quote]

No they don''t, only Blackpool, Portsmouth and Fulham don''t have undersoil heating in the Premiership.

[/quote]

Since when did Portsmouth get back to the Premiership my little Angel and as you have just been informed Fulham had undersoil heating installed during the summer and oh by the way Ipswich was called off with a frozen pitch.[;)]

[/quote]

I keep forgetting that Portsmouth are in our league, guess its the Xmas booze. [:)]

As for Ipswich yes I heard that they didnt take their covers off until after 1pm and then discovered that parts of it was still frozen, but late for Malkay and their fans wasn''t it?

Happy New Year Tilly.

Description of Ipswch''s efforts today...Salt and boiling water !..........Referee Hegley explained: “I turned up at the ground about 12.30pm and immediately spoke to the Ipswich groundsman, he highlighted a number of areas of the pitch that were of concern to him.

“I looked at it and some of it was under thick frost, he said he could work on it so I gave him 45 minutes until 1.15pm – where he put large amounts of salt and boiling water in the hope that it would soften it up.

“Some areas did soften up but unfortunately it became inconsistent where there was still large amounts of frost and soft areas and the safety of the players running at full tilt – getting a stud in one area which stops nicely and then the next area where they slip - the safety of the players is of paramount importance to me.

An absolute joke that Ipswich could play in the conditions they did against Leicester last week yet can''t play in their pitch today..........everyone played on picthes like Portman Road toady 20+ years ago at this time of year, nobody would have dreamed off calling off that game at Ipswich today back then. games ar called off too easily in this day an age......just get the oranage ball out and GET ON WITH IT !!!!

It does seem that things have switched around somewhat - in the 70s and 80s they seemed to err on the side of playing, whereas the modern thing is to err on the side of not playing. I guess there''s just so much ££ in it nowadays, not to mention litigation possibilities, that it''s better safe than sorry.

Meanwhile I can certainly confirm that it was bloody cold down this way last night - very thick frost from mid-evening, you''d have been forgiven for thinking it had snowed. I wasn''t at all surprised the game was off, a pain in the backside but what can you do.

It does give us the benefit of one less game which might help us on Tuesday and more particularly on Saturday: I''m sure others remember the Preston game a couple of seasons ago? They''d had a weather enforced break, whereas we''d played whatever games were due over the Christmas period - in the second half of that game we were totally spent but they were fresh as anything, it really showed, and we lost comfortably.