Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Did Palace want the game off?

You''ve only got look out your window, it''s frozen solid outside everywhere. They haven''t got undersoil heating. This might give us an advantage playing Shef Utd on Tuesday.

What a ridiculous statement........."especially with the transfer window looming"Do you seriously think the referee had that consideration uppermost in his mind when thinking about calling off the game? Just maybe the safety of the players was of primary importance?Generally I despise keyboard warriors who use cheap insults however with people like you setting themselves up as easy targets I suppose someone has to do it - you p**t![:P]

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]You''ve only got look out your window, it''s frozen solid outside everywhere. They haven''t got undersoil heating. This might give us an advantage playing Shef Utd on Tuesday.
[/quote]

So how come that other clubs without undersoil heating have managed to get their games on then?

Fulham and Ipswich spring to mind without doing any homework!

There''s only 4 games off( so far) in the whole of the championship and premier and they are northern clubswho have had the worst of the weather.

It''s easy to be bitter about it and look for someone to blame (especially if you got up at 6am to go to the game, like me) but it''s just one of those things.  It happens, what can you do?

Could be a blessing in disguise. An icy pitch could make the result a lottery and it also gives extra time for Russell Martin, Wes, Drury and Whitbread to get fit. At this rate i don''t see the ''Boro game going ahead either.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Could be a blessing in disguise. An icy pitch could make the result a lottery and it also gives extra time for Russell Martin, Wes, Drury and Whitbread to get fit. At this rate i don''t see the ''Boro game going ahead either.
[/quote]

There is no snow forecast in Middlesborough between now and 1 Jan and the temperature is not forecast to drop below freezing.  As they have a heated pitch I can''t see any reason why the game shouldn''t be on.

Not surprised by this.I''m in London for Xmas and was due to go to this game, got up at 8:30 and it was -7*c outside.I''m gutted, but the 1pm kick off made the decision really, was there actually any reason for this?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]You''ve only got look out your window, it''s frozen solid outside everywhere. They haven''t got undersoil heating. This might give us an advantage playing Shef Utd on Tuesday.
[/quote]

So how come that other clubs without undersoil heating have managed to get their games on then?

[/quote]

Maybe they have better groundsmen. [y]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It''s easy to be bitter about it and look for someone to blame (especially if you got up at 6am to go to the game, like me) but it''s just one of those things.  It happens, what can you do?
[/quote]

You got up early Graham, what time did the coaches leave CR and how far did they get?

[quote user="cityangel"]

and they are northern clubswho have had the worst of the weather.

[/quote]Disagree.  It''s been a lot colder in the South, and more snow as well.It''s ruined my Boxing Day, but this is probably a blessing in disguise.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]You''ve only got look out your window, it''s frozen solid outside everywhere. They haven''t got undersoil heating. This might give us an advantage playing Shef Utd on Tuesday. [/quote]

There''s only 4 games off( so far) in the whole of the championship and premier and they are northern clubswho have had the worst of the weather.

[/quote]Fulham have undersoil heating - back to school?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It''s easy to be bitter about it and look for someone to blame (especially if you got up at 6am to go to the game, like me) but it''s just one of those things.  It happens, what can you do?[/quote]

You got up early Graham, what time did the coaches leave CR and how far did they get?

[/quote]We left at 8, and turned back at about 9.15 so it could have been worse - another Walsall-type incident would have been difficult to take.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It''s easy to be bitter about it and look for someone to blame (especially if you got up at 6am to go to the game, like me) but it''s just one of those things.  It happens, what can you do?[/quote]

[/quote]We left at 8, and turned back at about 9.15 so it could have been worse - another Walsall-type incident would have been difficult to take.[/quote]Exactly the reason we should be pleased it was canceled so early guys ! Its fu*king anoying as I was looking forwards to this almost as much as Crimbo day, but on the brightside its Re-heated Turkey round II and a movie !Demolition Derby for possibly the 10th time ??? :)

The only thing that bothered me was the fact the Barnett will be suspended for the QPR game and we could really do with him for that game. We can only drop one place and even if we do it means we have a chance of gaining on Cardiff so in that aspect i''m not to bothered. Give''s us a few more days for injured players. Its a blessing i hope.

Sorry but if you''re in the top 2 tiers and cant get a game on you  should be given a 3-0 loss. The snows hardly been bucketing down has it.

I doubt Palace wanted the game off cause I''m sure with it being boxing day and Norwich bringing a large away contingent they would have had a bigger than normal crowd for this game than what they will do now it will probably be played on a Tuesday night!

Not surprised its been called off - Its very cold and frosty and Selhursts a dump!

Shame about Barnet now missing the QPR game but it wil allow some more time for injured players, prevent players getting injured and hopefully Sheffield U will have a hard game at home to Hull today which will make us fresher than them on Tuesday!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Nikellie said.. you p**t!

You non entity!

[/quote]Blimey, Wiz got a dictionary for Christmas! Only HQ put-downs now! [;)]

As low as -6 in South London last night and with no undersoil heating and an early kick off its not a surpise.

Set off at half 8 and only made it to Ipswich on the A12 so could have been worse had they left it later to call it off.

Initially I was annoyed but thinking about it, I can see Horse as they type of chap with gravy down his shirt, possibly induldging in one too many bears, so it''s not a bad thing.  I''m over the irritation now, bring on Tuesday.

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fulham have undersoil heating - back to school?
[/quote]

I bet Fulham wish they had turned the undersoil heating off after their result.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Could be a blessing in disguise. An icy pitch could make the result a lottery and it also gives extra time for Russell Martin, Wes, Drury and Whitbread to get fit. At this rate i don''t see the ''Boro game going ahead either.
[/quote]

my  god a second ice ige wouldn''t be long enough to get him fit  [:D]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Fulham do not have under-soil heating, the Johnny Haynes stand is a grade II listed building so work to install the heating isn''t possible.[/quote]SSN said that Bloomfield Road is the only Premiership ground without undersoil heating. Apparently Fulham had it installed this summer.

[quote user="Essexiled Canary"]
Fulham have undersoil heating - back to school?
[/quote]

No they don''t, only Blackpool, Portsmouth and Fulham don''t have undersoil heating in the Premiership.