Sign in to follow this  
Bungay Canary

Grant Holt to West Ham

Heard a vicious rumour last night that wet sham have stuck a bid in for Holt . all this talk about Holt is not for sale could be bullshit heard it all before about Dean Ashton then wham bang he was gone or could be the funding of bringing Ched Evans and Morrison in

Believe it when it happens and not a moment before!

I''m Holt would improve the crock of s*** that is West Ham this season but I''d doubt he''d leave us in the middle of what could potentially be a promotion campaign to go to a club that is very likely to go down and not be a regular to boot!

I''d like Ched Evans back at the club as an addition to the current squad but Morrison is a bit long in the tootk and maybe not that hungry for my liking!

Wasn''t going to put it on here but I  heard that rumour too last week and that comes from a former player, hope its not true .

What worries me is we bought him from Shrewsbury whilst we were in League 1 so I''m guessing he''s not on decent championship striker  wages, lets hope we offer him a new contract quickly so he doesn''t have a decision to make.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Believe it when it happens and not a moment before!

I''m Holt would improve the crock of s*** that is West Ham this season but I''d doubt he''d leave us in the middle of what could potentially be a promotion campaign to go to a club that is very likely to go down and not be a regular to boot!

I''d like Ched Evans back at the club as an addition to the current squad but Morrison is a bit long in the tootk and maybe not that hungry for my liking!

[/quote]

I assume he means Steve Morrison, not Clinton.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]Heard a vicious rumour last night that wet sham have stuck a bid in for Holt . all this talk about Holt is not for sale could be bullshit heard it all before about Dean Ashton then wham bang he was gone or could be the funding of bringing Ched Evans and Morrison in[/quote]

Again,  all this waffle really does give my arse an headache, Take it from me he is going nowhere he is about to extend his contract, dont ask silly questions how I know I just do    

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Again,  all this waffle really does give my arse an headache, Take it from me he is going nowhere he is about to extend his contract, dont ask silly questions how I know I just do    

[/quote]

Thats great news and thats exactly what people were saying needs to happen to keep him happy [:)]

He best not be fecking leaving !Just got my Grant Holt mug for Crimbo and thus far the tea drunk from it has tasted that little bit sweeterI would hate to have to smash it only a few days after recieving it !!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Thats great news and thats exactly what people were saying needs to happen to keep him happy [:)]

[/quote]

Gullible or what?

Yes, all of this talk about Holt going is doing my brains in too. It wasn''t long ago that a thread was started discussing why Holt wasn''t good enough for the Chamionship! I believe City Angel started that thread and now you''re all talking like he''s about to jump ship for a Premier side. I was very vocal on aforementioned thread, as I have always believed that Holt is exactly what we needed. In my mind he had nothing to prove after his amazing league one season and still doesn''t. As luck would have it, he''s a top pro and has shown recently exactly why we need him captaining the side. Sure, he scored 5 goals in two games and attracted attention, but I firmly believe he''s committed to City so can we stop with all of the rumour mongering please??!!!

[quote user="BobbyLo"]Yes, all of this talk about Holt going is doing my brains in too. It wasn''t long ago that a thread was started discussing why Holt wasn''t good enough for the Chamionship! I believe City Angel started that thread and now you''re all talking like he''s about to jump ship for a Premier side. I was very vocal on aforementioned thread, as I have always believed that Holt is exactly what we needed. In my mind he had nothing to prove after his amazing league one season and still doesn''t. As luck would have it, he''s a top pro and has shown recently exactly why we need him captaining the side. Sure, he scored 5 goals in two games and attracted attention, but I firmly believe he''s committed to City so can we stop with all of the rumour mongering please??!!![/quote]I''d cash in on a player who''ll be 30 in 4 months.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="BobbyLo"]Yes, all of this talk about Holt going is doing my brains in too. It wasn''t long ago that a thread was started discussing why Holt wasn''t good enough for the Chamionship! I believe City Angel started that thread and now you''re all talking like he''s about to jump ship for a Premier side. I was very vocal on aforementioned thread, as I have always believed that Holt is exactly what we needed. In my mind he had nothing to prove after his amazing league one season and still doesn''t. As luck would have it, he''s a top pro and has shown recently exactly why we need him captaining the side. Sure, he scored 5 goals in two games and attracted attention, but I firmly believe he''s committed to City so can we stop with all of the rumour mongering please??!!!
[/quote]

I''d cash in on a player who''ll be 30 in 4 months.
[/quote]

And what player in his right mind would leave a club that could be in the premier league next season for a premier club which has more chance of being in the championship next season? you don''t have to be a proffesor to work that one out.

Personally i''m in the Holts going nowhere camp......... but if things did change what do people reckon would be an acceptable fee and who would we bring in to replace him and at what cost?

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Has he gone yet?[/quote]I saw him on Sky Sports today with a Fulham shirt on[/quote]Actually Just back from Fulham and watched Fulham v west ham as I was in London anyway and was going to palace, saw Holt inthe west ham directors box. 

[quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Has he gone yet?[/quote]

I saw him on Sky Sports today with a Fulham shirt on
[/quote]

Actually Just back from Fulham and watched Fulham v west ham as I was in London anyway and was going to palace, saw Holt in
the west ham directors box. 
[/quote]

Don''t you just love it.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="BobbyLo"]Yes, all of this talk about Holt going is doing my brains in too. It wasn''t long ago that a thread was started discussing why Holt wasn''t good enough for the Chamionship! I believe City Angel started that thread and now you''re all talking like he''s about to jump ship for a Premier side. I was very vocal on aforementioned thread, as I have always believed that Holt is exactly what we needed. In my mind he had nothing to prove after his amazing league one season and still doesn''t. As luck would have it, he''s a top pro and has shown recently exactly why we need him captaining the side. Sure, he scored 5 goals in two games and attracted attention, but I firmly believe he''s committed to City so can we stop with all of the rumour mongering please??!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

And what player in his right mind would leave a club that could be in the premier league next season for a premier club which has more chance of being in the championship next season? you don''t have to be a proffesor to work that one out.

[/quote]

.....a player who might be looking for financial security.

Grant Holt is not going anywhere, and even if he was, he wouldn''t be going to West Ham.

Can we stop this rubbish please? It''s been stated several times by McNally (who we have no reason to disbelieve presently) that Holt (or any other senior player for that matter) will not be sold unless Lambert wishes to. Do you seriously think Lambert would let his star-striker, captain and fans-favourite go?

Surely you can find something else to entertain yourself with than this?

The fact is, if Holt went (which he won''t), then Lambert wouldn''t hang around too long either - if the club was selling players over his head.

[quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Has he gone yet?[/quote]I saw him on Sky Sports today with a Fulham shirt on[/quote]Actually Just back from Fulham and watched Fulham v west ham as I was in London anyway and was going to palace, saw Holt in the west ham directors box.  [/quote]I assume you''re a ref.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Has he gone yet?[/quote]I saw him on Sky Sports today with a Fulham shirt on[/quote]Actually Just back from Fulham and watched Fulham v west ham as I was in London anyway and was going to palace, saw Holt in the west ham directors box.  [/quote]I assume you''re a ref.[/quote]Yes I am a ref.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

.....a player who might be looking for financial security.

[/quote]

Financial security at West Sham???? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]A bloke in the pub tonight (admittedly he was sporting a false beard) said, he''d heard Holt wasn''t going to play today if the game went ahead.[/quote]Apparently Grant Holt is the father of Molly''s baby and Kevin Webster''s just covering for him.

Put yourself in Holt''s boots... He''s been earning a low wage (by footballing standards) for most of his career. You''ve got two maybe three years left if you don''t get a serious injury before that, and a premiership team come in to offer you a 3-4 year contract on double / treble more in your pay pack then you could have ever dreamed about last year...

What would you do?

"Thanks Norwich had a lovely time, no hard feels, see ya later"

Unfortunately this is the facts of life kids, suck it up because it happens every transfer window