Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Bellamy won't be signing so who will

With Ashton, Huckerby and McKenzie Norwich have enough strikers. The defence and midfield need strengthening.

Stevenage - dont look - turn away and count to 10 its another post with Bellamy in the title!

Given the lack of activity (even Allardyce is struggling to sign anyone) part of me thinks that we wont get anyone at all.  If that is the case we really do need the injured players fit again, particularly in defence.

However without further additions to the squad I really do not think that we have enough ability to avoid relegation - not many sides have the worst defence inthe league and stay up so unless they improve considerably we will not win enough games to get to around 35 points.  

To me there are targets we could enquire (and probably have done so) that are focused on the  defence, Henchoz, O''Brien, hughes, Richards Barnard, Laville, Duberry even and in midfield the likes of Simon Davies for loan players.  If we have £750k for bellars wages can we afford a small fee for an out of contract soon Barnard, Chaplow, Lescott, Jagielka who may be able to do a job for us?  Missing Unsworth is  crucial mistake though.

OTBC 

yeah, I don''t think we''ll get anyone else in permanently, but I think Worthy might well get in one or hopefully two on loan when the window closes. God knows who though. A big, fast, experienced center back would be nice.

yeh, 3 is enough, but they''re not all good enough. ashton is obviously good enough, but we need 2 goalscorers, not 1. bellamy and ashton upfront wud keep us up.

Bellamys strike rate is not that great - the similarities between Bellars and Hux go as far as their strike rates are concerned - Bellars have never been prolific in the prem and there is no reason that should chage with him returning to the prem.

Like Hux he has searing pace and cause defences real problems and sets up chances for fellow players - Francis Hux and ashton should benefit if the miracle on carrow road happens, but I wouldnt expect a hatful of goals if he arrived.

I agree that with Hux and Ashton we have one prem quality strike pair (most only have 1 prolific scorer and another who causes problems...) - hux to create for Ashton should be good enough as long as both are fit.  Sven once fit can cover Ashton but Leon isnt good enough to partner either so we are short of quality.   

However the defence is the real concern - even with a 4-3-3 with bellars, ashton and hux who can truly be confident that we will outsocre our opponents with the defensive gaffs we see each week not being addressed? 

OTBC  

I was bored, so decided to write a list of possible targets...

Defenders:
Linvoy Primus (Portsmouth)
Ben Thatcher (Fulham)
Florent Laville (Bolton)
Dean Richards (Tottenham)
Darren Moore (West Brom)
Robbie Elliott (Newcastle) 
Michael Ball (Rangers)
Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United)
Daniel Gabbidon (Cardiff)

Midfielders:
Kieron Richardson (Man United)
Eric Djemba-Djemba (Man United)
Jason Koumas (West Brom)
Ritchie Partridge (Liverpool)
Claus Jensen (Fulham)
Artim Sakiri (West Brom)
Julio Arca (Sunderland)
Tom Huddlestone (Derby County)
Michael Tonge (Sheffield United)
Dickson Etuhu (Preston)
Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham)
Kevin Cooper (Wolves)

Strikers:
Jason Euell (Charlton Athletic)
Craig Bellamy (Newcastle)
Henrik Pedersen (Bolton)
Grzegorz Rasiak (Derby County)
Richard Cresswell (Preston)
Heidar Helguson (Watford)

Sorry I had to lay the posting out like this, seemed the easiest manner in which to do so.

[quote]I was bored, so decided to write a list of possible targets... Defenders: Linvoy Primus (Portsmouth) Ben Thatcher (Fulham) Florent Laville (Bolton) Dean Richards (Tottenham) Darren Moore (West Brom)...[/quote]

Great list Anderz.  Well done.  Out of the defenders I''d like Darren Moore from WBA, always thought he was good. Richards I think would be a good loan deal too.  Richardson I rate and I''ve always liked Richie Partridge, but is he Prem quality?  Of the strikers (discounting Bellers:crying jason Euell would be top of my list