Sign in to follow this  
drurys dodgy knee

Russell Martin to Blackburn - rumour

Just saw this on sky sports news, who have taken this rumour from the Sun. Apparently Kean is ''eyeing the defender, who is thought to be worth around £600k''.

I hope he''s not going anywhere.

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]I find it a little hard to believe a Premiership team would be interested, especially for £600k[/quote]Why do you find this hard to believe, hes proven to everyone this year that he''s one of our top players, i think he''s been consistently our best player this year and not surprised hes being linked to prem team, and at anything less than a million its prob worth a punt for a prem team if they are in need of a rb.however i dont think he would be sold at anywhere near that price, to low, wouldnt be possible to find a better replacement and its still our only position where we have one natural player

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]I find it a little hard to believe a Premiership team would be interested, especially for £600k[/quote]Why do you find this hard to believe, hes proven to everyone this year that he''s one of our top players, i think he''s been consistently our best player this year and not surprised hes being linked to prem team, and at anything less than a million its prob worth a punt for a prem team if they are in need of a rb.however i dont think he would be sold at anywhere near that price, to low, wouldnt be possible to find a better replacement and its still our only position where we have one natural player[/quote]I likey. [Y]

I highly doubt they are looking for a right back at Blackburn. Considering their short comings upfront and lack of width in midfield this would surely be the first place to rectify, or bring in a centre half to cover the injured Phil Jones. Lazy journalism by the Sun.

I reckon we will see more of our players linked with Newcastle as well, after Pardrew annouced he was looking at Championship players'' only.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]I find it a little hard to believe a Premiership team would be interested, especially for £600k[/quote]

Why do you find this hard to believe, hes proven to everyone this year that he''s one of our top players, i think he''s been consistently our best player this year and not surprised hes being linked to prem team, and at anything less than a million its prob worth a punt for a prem team if they are in need of a rb.

however i dont think he would be sold at anywhere near that price, to low, wouldnt be possible to find a better replacement and its still our only position where we have one natural player
[/quote]

As much as I''ve been  pleasantly suprised by Russell Martin this season, with ue respect he would be flayed alive in the premiership

Blackburn should give Jackson Ramm a chance, he played for England under 18''s a few weeks ago. He used to be with our academy a few years ago. Anyway, Blackburn have got Salgado and Chimbonda at right back so I really can''t see this happening.

Russell Martin has been one of our top performers this season but in reality I think he''d find the Premiership a step too far!

Rather ironic given that earlier in the season he was singled out by some fans as the scapegoat to have a go at!! 

The stats according to the Actim index rate Russel Martin as our best player aside from Grant holt.

DECEMBER 23, 2010

Rank Player Team Position Rating

1 Jay Bothroyd Cardiff City Striker 422.00

2 Jonathan Howson Leeds United Midfielder 378.00

3 Luciano Becchio Leeds United Striker 369.00

4 Adel Taarabt Queens Park Rangers Midfielder 364.00

5 Danny Graham Watford Striker 349.00

6 Max-Alain Gradel Leeds United Midfielder 342.00

7 James Coppinger Doncaster Rovers Midfielder 327.00

8 Kaspars Gorkss Queens Park Rangers Defender 314.00

9 Ben Turner Coventry City Defender 313.00

10 Andy King Leicester City Midfielder 311.00

11 Russell Martin Norwich City Defender 308.00

12 Lewis McGugan Nottingham Forest Midfielder 305.00

13 Jamie Mackie Queens Park Rangers Striker 304.00

14 Grant Holt Norwich City Striker 304.00

15 Scott Sinclair Swansea City Midfielder 302.00

16 Kris Commons Derby County Striker 301.00

17 Adam Hammill Barnsley Midfielder 297.00

18 Martin Taylor Watford Defender 292.00

19 Albert Adomah Bristol City Midfielder 289.00

20 Paul Green Derby County Midfielder 283.00

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]The stats according to the Actim index rate Russel Martin as our best player aside from Grant holt. DECEMBER 23, 2010 Rank Player Team Position Rating 1 Jay Bothroyd Cardiff City Striker 422.00 2 Jonathan Howson Leeds United Midfielder 378.00 3 Luciano Becchio Leeds United Striker 369.00 4 Adel Taarabt Queens Park Rangers Midfielder 364.00 5 Danny Graham Watford Striker 349.00 6 Max-Alain Gradel Leeds United Midfielder 342.00 7 James Coppinger Doncaster Rovers Midfielder 327.00 8 Kaspars Gorkss Queens Park Rangers Defender 314.00 9 Ben Turner Coventry City Defender 313.00 10 Andy King Leicester City Midfielder 311.00 11 Russell Martin Norwich City Defender 308.00 12 Lewis McGugan Nottingham Forest Midfielder 305.00 13 Jamie Mackie Queens Park Rangers Striker 304.00 14 Grant Holt Norwich City Striker 304.00 15 Scott Sinclair Swansea City Midfielder 302.00 16 Kris Commons Derby County Striker 301.00 17 Adam Hammill Barnsley Midfielder 297.00 18 Martin Taylor Watford Defender 292.00 19 Albert Adomah Bristol City Midfielder 289.00 20 Paul Green Derby County Midfielder 283.00[/quote]

In that case Holt would be higher than Martin, which he isn''t.