Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Huck's not liked by Palace fans

Palace seemed to have adopted a dislike for Huckerby as a reaction to our criticism of their former cheating little b*stard Andy Johnson, the difference being however, I don''t remember Huckerby diving to win a penalty to relegate Palace form the premiership !?!.

Hope you get relegated Palace, Burley and all of your Ipswich rejects.

Hucks is right, it is a shit hole and it is a joke that they haven''t got undersoil heating.

I don''t normally post out of the Pinkun Pickers thread, but this has got me particularly incensed. Selhurst Park is a cr*phole of the highest order, and the club seem to revel in the fact that it is an absolute dump. I agree also that undersoil heating should be a requirement, not a choice, at Championship level. This is not just because our game got called off. For example, Sheffield Wednesday, who have spent the last decade in the Championship/Second Div, and previously in the Prem I might add, cancelled their entire festive schedule five days ago - including New Years Day (wtf?) I appreciate they are now in League One, but that is a disgrace. Several clubs for the lower echelons of the Scottish League managed to fulfill their fixtures this week.Grr.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]The reason for Sheffield Wednesday postponing multiple games was actually due to burst pipes and resulting damage which wasn''t going to be repaired in time[/quote]They couldn''t afford a tradesman to turn out at Christmas[:D]

I saw and liked it. [:)] [Y]Hucks is a legend! He has tweeted me a few times, and Dickson Etuhu did once also!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Don''t worry guys I''ve made an account and had my say [;)] NottsCanary, hehe [:D][/quote]Hilarious..........[:|]

I''m sure Hucks is having sleepless nights over the few (they only hav a few!) Palace fans not liking him!

I bet most away fans hate Palace after paying extortionate prices to watch a game at S hithurst park in a stand that should only be seen in history books!

I find it incredible that sides in the top 2 tiers don''t have undersoil heating, especially when they were only playing Premier League football 6 years ago.

Ipswich could rip off local charities to build a new stand that wasnt needed but couldnt install heating.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Excited Canary"]Don''t worry guys I''ve made an account and had my say [;)] NottsCanary, hehe [:D][/quote]Hilarious..........[:|][/quote]It wasn''t even meant to be funny, I was just having a go at them, brighten up you sad arse...

Now now everyone [;)] lolThe main reason most people got annoyed with Huckerby was because he was laying into the club when circumstances beyond our new owners'' (CPFC2010) control have meant that Selhurst Park can''t have been improved. The club has not owned SP for about 20-odd years, meaning that the only changes permitted were "cosmetic" (i.e. a lick of paint here and there). As well, the person who did own it (Noades and then some dodgy glorified loan shark - thanks Jordan) received his rent annually, not monthly - so why would he give two sh*ts about whether we had a game cancelled or not? CPFC2010 have made the ground issue a priority - they now own Selhurst Park - however, their preference is to move away to a brand new stadium. If that can''t happen then they will look at redeveloping SP - and I imagine that would contain undersoil heating [Y] Of course Huckerby wouldn''t have known all this (nor would I have expected him to), but I think it''s just all a bit raw still... [:^)] We were just sticking up for our club, just as you would have done if it was a Palace player saying something similar.

[quote user="greg_cpfc"]Now now everyone [;)] lol

We were just sticking up for our club, just as you would have done if it was a Palace player saying something similar.

[/quote]

Of course we would have done, no-one likes their club criticised whatever the reason.

Anyway welcome to our site and Happy New Year [:)]

[quote user="greg_cpfc"]Now now everyone [;)] lol

CPFC2010 have made the ground issue a priority - they now own Selhurst Park - however, their preference is to move away to a brand new stadium. If that can''t happen then they will look at redeveloping SP - and I imagine that would contain undersoil heating [Y] Of course Huckerby wouldn''t have known all this (nor would I have expected him to), but I think it''s just all a bit raw still... [:^)] We were just sticking up for our club, just as you would have done if it was a Palace player saying something similar.

[/quote]

Good luck with that. If that is the chosen route perhaps part of that re-development could include changing the name of the club. I would suggest removing the word "Palace" for starters. Even "Crystal" seems a stretch. How about just re-arranging the letters for the poor fans and calling it "A Last Place Cry."

Happy new year.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="greg_cpfc"]Now now everyone [;)] lolCPFC2010 have made the ground issue a priority - they now own Selhurst Park - however, their preference is to move away to a brand new stadium. If that can''t happen then they will look at redeveloping SP - and I imagine that would contain undersoil heating [Y] Of course Huckerby wouldn''t have known all this (nor would I have expected him to), but I think it''s just all a bit raw still... [:^)] We were just sticking up for our club, just as you would have done if it was a Palace player saying something similar. [/quote]

Good luck with that. If that is the chosen route perhaps part of that re-development could include changing the name of the club. I would suggest removing the word "Palace" for starters. Even "Crystal" seems a stretch. How about just re-arranging the letters for the poor fans and calling it "A Last Place Cry."

Happy new year.

[/quote][img]http://www.tweak3d.net/forums/imagehosting/3049b129dd38fbb.gif[/img]

[quote user="greg_cpfc"]Now now everyone [;)] lolThe main reason most people got annoyed with Huckerby was because he was laying into the club when circumstances beyond our new owners'' (CPFC2010) control have meant that Selhurst Park can''t have been improved. The club has not owned SP for about 20-odd years, meaning that the only changes permitted were "cosmetic" (i.e. a lick of paint here and there). As well, the person who did own it (Noades and then some dodgy glorified loan shark - thanks Jordan) received his rent annually, not monthly - so why would he give two sh*ts about whether we had a game cancelled or not? CPFC2010 have made the ground issue a priority - they now own Selhurst Park - however, their preference is to move away to a brand new stadium. If that can''t happen then they will look at redeveloping SP - and I imagine that would contain undersoil heating [Y] Of course Huckerby wouldn''t have known all this (nor would I have expected him to), but I think it''s just all a bit raw still... [:^)] We were just sticking up for our club, just as you would have done if it was a Palace player saying something similar. [/quote]Hi Greg,Out of interest/curiosity, is it true that your "local rivals" are Brighton & Hove Albion?  It''s always puzzled me that it isn''t another Sarf London club.

5 pages of Huckerby bashing on their website now lol! Well done Mr Huckerby, I have always admired any player who could wind the opposition fans up rotten. Huckerby put on a master class of doing so during his career, especially against the scum, and even now he''s still at it. Don''t see why Palarse fans are crying so much about this, especially as some of them claim to have never "heard of him". It''s just an opinion and to be fair I don''t think many football fans up and down the country would disagree with Sellhurst Park being an absolute ****hole anyway, this is common knowledge. Mind you perhaps they wont look so out of place when they get relegated to League 1 next year.

Crystal Palace, Sarfend, Wet Sham, Mill wall etc etc etcDidnt realise they could pack so many shite footy teams in one place, even if it is the nations capital !

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Hi Greg,Out of interest/curiosity, is it true that your "local rivals" are Brighton & Hove Albion?  It''s always puzzled me that it isn''t another Sarf London club.[/quote]A bit long but this should help: http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=1272

[quote user="greg_cpfc"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Hi Greg,Out of interest/curiosity, is it true that your "local rivals" are Brighton & Hove Albion?  It''s always puzzled me that it isn''t another Sarf London club.[/quote]A bit long but this should help: http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=1272[/quote]Yep, thanks - answers a few questions.

They should just re-brand themselves as Croydon FC, its the only place I''ve ever met anyone who supports Palace.

Also they could knock down a large part of that shithole for their new stadium. God I hate Croydon that place should be burnt to the ground and the earth salted.

hucks is now a fan ''one of us''! why shouldnt he spend his life slaggin off other clubs on message boards or social network sites? after all we all do!

[quote user="Mahogany"]They should just re-brand themselves as Croydon FC, its the only place I''ve ever met anyone who supports Palace.

Also they could knock down a large part of that shithole for their new stadium. God I hate Croydon that place should be burnt to the ground and the earth salted.[/quote]I agree about Croydon, I lived there for 2 years when I was at College in London as it was cheaper and I qualified for a free travel card.