Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Ched Evans

He''s an ex-copper, and an NCISA member, Jacko. You didn''t expect him to answer the question like a regular, sensible, human being, did you? Silly chap.

I seem to be in the minority, but don''t really see where Ched would fit in. I''d certainly not drop Chrissy for him, and doubt he''d sign for us to sit on the bench most games.

Furthermore, seeing as he cost United a few million not so long ago i doubt he''d come cheap.

That said, if the unthinkable did happen and Holty left, he''d make a good replacement.

I would have Ched Evans here.  He is like Chris Martin but better in every way. 

I would have him here tomorrow and I,m sure Lambert would.But !!!!!!!!Can''t see Sheff Untd letting him go, especially after his last 2 games, 3 goals, obviously money does talk something we don''t seem to have much off.Move on Ched won''t be coming.

[quote user="Jacko"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Yawn.[/quote] Sorry TIL, didn''t realise I wasn''t allowed to raise a new opinion, silly me to think I''m not part of the inner circle.[/quote]

Jacko the reason i put " Yawn " was that if you check the search box this is the 4th thread regarding the merits of Ched Evans that have popped up on this messageboard in the last couple of weeks or so.Sorry if my sarcasm fell on stoney ground.

From today''s Yorkshire Post:

Reflecting on his time at Norwich, Evans said: "It was a massive learning curve for me because it was a long way away from home and it really made me grow up quickly. I scored 10 goals and helped them stay up, so it couldn''t have gone any better, but I want to go back there and score against them for Sheffield United".

Those words don''t suggest he has much intention of playing for Norwich again in the near future!...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

From today''s Yorkshire Post:

Reflecting on his time at Norwich, Evans said: "It was a massive learning curve for me because it was a long way away from home and it really made me grow up quickly. I scored 10 goals and helped them stay up, so it couldn''t have gone any better, but I want to go back there and score against them for Sheffield United".

Those words don''t suggest he has much intention of playing for Norwich again in the near future!...

[/quote]got to remember though the majority of time words mean absolutely nothing in football, course hes gonna say he wants to score, he''s there striker at the moment, we would expect every single one of our players to say the same, whether there''s rumours hes leaving or not. sometimes people read way to much into what is said by players and managers in the press- like lambo saying were punching above our weight. It''s football, half the time there agents are telling them what to say anyway- not having go at your point here mustard, still interesting to see what he said, but do have to take everything with a pinch of salt in the football world, however i dont think he will be coming to us, not unless we shell out quite bit more than Shef Utd paid for him, but would be a great addition if we did, best finisher i seen at carrow rd for a while i thought.and to tilly, not everyone does these searches to see what threads are already up, i never look past the first page on the discussion board and didnt even know about the search function- if someone puts up a thread u dont like, just dont respond, its preety easyAnyway, lets hope he dont score today and holt pops up with a couple and lappin the 3rd- 3 1 city!!