Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Will we get the "RIVEREND" back

According to todays mail (I think) the N&P may be subject to a take over by the Coventry Building Soceity. If this happens I can''t see us changing the name to the Cov stand so maybe we can reclaim it again as the River End?[Y]

I hope so.  The River End just sounds so much better and more traditional than the Norwich and Peterbrough stand.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Its still the river end to us oldies and just like the South stand always will be![/quote]I''ll second that.  If my 9 year old daughter calls them anything else but the South Stand and River End she gets put in the garden shed for a week!

We are the River-enders, City girls and boysSupport our team, we''ll not refuse youWe are here just to rouse youWould you like a song or story?Will you share our joys?At games and sports we''re more than keenNo merrier fans could be seenBecause we all cheer Lambert''s teamRiverend girls and boys.

I''ll hold my hands up and admit that when I''m talking with young''un''s and I''m trying to be trendy I will say Norwich and Peterborough stand but in my heart its still the river end, though I don''t abuse any younger relative over the issue like a previous poster says they do!!!!!

I always call it the River End and always will, but to answer the original post i doubt it very much.

Even if N&P stop there sponsorship i''m sure the club would look for new ones to replace them.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Its still the river end to us oldies and just like the South stand always will be![/quote]is to me as well! B****ks to Norwich and Peterborogh!