Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Can you ref here very week?

Was surprised to hear this on the radio looked a good penalty shout from where I was (River end) I was sure Holt had got a head of the defender!! Oh well it makes up for Jacksons against the binners

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Was surprised to hear this on the radio looked a good penalty shout from where I was (River end) I was sure Holt had got a head of the defender!! Oh well it makes up for Jacksons against the binners[/quote]

I hasd a good view from Barclay Upper.  I thought the referee was going to book Holt when he blew his whistle.  Some of our players looked like they were trying not to laugh.

I didn''t get a clear view of the second one

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]It looked a blatant dive from where I was sitting but I''ve just seen the incident on BBC Look East and it looks like a penalty on TV![/quote]

From the River End you could quite clearly see a push in the back

We sit right next to it and about time we got one. Holt imo was looking to dive long before he got into the area. everyone around me was pi**ing themselves laughing. As always I hold my complete judgement until I see the incident on tv, but if it was as I saw it live that decision was worse than the Holt sending off against Reading.

In the end you must also remember 2 other diabolical decisions nearly cost us, the first was when Chris Martin was kicked in the air by their number 4 who had already been booked but was not given a second yellow and the linesman being completely ignored when flagging for a freekick to us and Evans almost scoring. If I am honest I have to say the ref was a joke, and if I was a Sheff Utd fan I would feel well agreived but then some of the decisions we have had against us recently I suppose this was the even it back up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9319811.stm

Listening to this audio clip, John Carver certainly wouldn''t want him refereeing Sheffield Utd every week!...

The first penalty was fortunate for Norwich; Holt was looking to go down from about 5 yards outside the box - from my seat (Upper Barclay) I thought Holt was more likely to get booked for diving. For the second penalty the ball rolled up the players arm almost in slow motion - a rather easier decision to give.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9319811.stm

Listening to this audio clip, John Carver certainly wouldn''t want him refereeing Sheffield Utd every week!...

The first penalty was fortunate for Norwich; Holt was looking to go down from about 5 yards outside the box - from my seat (Upper Barclay) I thought Holt was more likely to get booked for diving. For the second penalty the ball rolled up the players arm almost in slow motion - a rather easier decision to give.

[/quote]

Sounds like you saw it like me, it was just uncanny when he got the ball outside the area your instincts told you he as going to dive as soon as h got in the box.