Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Lambert and Wes

After everything that he has done over the past year I would all but trust Lambert with my life. However the recent decision of dropping Hoolahan was questionable at best. Given todays performance, do you think Lambert will continue to be stubborn or realise that at home he is best to have Hoolahan in the starting line up? However I will admit away from home in harsh northern weather he may not be the best player in a hard tough contest.

I have to say this situation is concerning me. The last few games Wes has come on we have looked a different team. With his manager telling him he is unplayable why would he want to keep warming our bench when he really could become the player that takes somebody like Leeds or Cardiff that extra mile.

There are some games where you can understand Wes not starting but today I really could not. When he came on he was just everywhere tackling at the back making box to box runs, deft touches and a hat trick. I must say if I was there as a scout I would be advising my club to buy him.

I trust Lamberts judgement however if this is a spat between manager and player I beg the two to sort out their differences.   

[quote user="zak123"]After everything that he has done over the past year I would all but trust Lambert with my life. However the recent decision of dropping Hoolahan was questionable at best. Given todays performance, do you think Lambert will continue to be stubborn or realise that at home he is best to have Hoolahan in the starting line up? However I will admit away from home in harsh northern weather he may not be the best player in a hard tough contest.[/quote]

Lambert isn`t stubborn, he will do what he thinks is right for the team, he is not a big ego and if  he makes a wrong call will correct it, look at the way he changed the 3 at the back formation after only 15 mins today when it was clear it wasnt working. If he thinks he has called the Wes situation wrong Wes  will be straight back in the team, there`s no ego at stake here. Wes  had a huge influence on the game today, and scored 3 goals, all be it 2 were pens and the third was laid on for him. When Wes played regularly we were forced into a formation that was predictable and we were found out, to have the option to switch to the the diamond by bringing Wes on is a fantastic option for us and can completely change a game, to keep that option available to us is not being stubborn but good management.      

I think we deserve a bit of an explanation to the Wes situation. Given the recent comments from the board and the recent contract renewal from Drury we must assume that contract negotiations are underway?

I have a horrible feeling that Wes could be leaving in January. Im pretty sure if the club were desperate for him to stay a contract would have been agreed before Jan 1st. So either Wes is being greedy or Lambert has decided to get rid. Either way i believe the desicion has been made for Wes to leave, which would be terrible news.

I think Mcnally said in the web chat the other day that players contracts had been offered if needed and that the club were satisfied with their position, weather Hoolahan has been offered a contract or not is unclear but reading in to the situation I think we have offered Wes a new contract and that he is stalling on signing it, which as Darrell Russell Proved is a dangerous game to play with Paul Lambert.