Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Will PL finally see the light?

And restore the boy Wes to where he should be i.e. 100%, nailed on starter?

Don''t get me wrong, no-one should be guaranteed a place irrespective but unless he''s ill, injured or in a poor run of form, I''ve never fathomed out why PL has relegated him to the bench for the last two months. Lets face it we are far too predictable with Wes sitting on the bench. We need his magic to separate us from the other play off / promotion contenders. 

I worry about the continuing rumours of contract disputes and transfer to WBA. If the boy is purely just angling for money and doesn''t care who pays him then that''s another matter of course. That said, Wes is probably the most talented player I''ve ever seen play for the Canaries and couldn''t bear it if we''re near the end. Sure he''s infuriating sometimes but the moments of magic and sheer quality far, far outweigh that. Pity some fans still can''t accept what a player he is even now!!          

I thought Simeon Jackson was poor today - he''s a striker, not a midfielder - and his lack of awareness showed.

Subsequently I was expecting Hoolahan to come on and told my son to expect a ''masterclass'' when he arrived on the pitch. He didn''t disappoint! Hoolahan was pure class and I too cannot help but wonder why it is not preferable to start with him and aim for a 2-goal lead rather than wait until we''re in trouble and expect him to rescue us...

Remember the game just last week at Coventry? Wes came on and was substituted pretty quickly. He picked up a dead leg and there were concerns as to whether he''d even be fit for today. So, I firmly believe that he would have started against Sheff United if PL thought he could play the whole game.Hoolahan is the most gifted, contracted player at our club and I believe he should be starting. However, what Lambert has done recently is firm up our midfield and made space for Lansbury. We''re winning games and I can''t really complain. Lambert has often alluded to how we need to be "careful" with Wes. I think he''s referring to Wes getting tired and subsuquently picking up injuries, which we wouldn''t want to happen hey?In my opinion, we''re fortunate that we now have a squad with more quality throughout, giving us these selection headaches. I also believe Wes loves the club and loves living in Norfolk and don''t think he''ll be going anywhere.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I trust Lambert''s judgement on this, he''s more aware than any of us if there''s issues with Wes.[/quote]Wiz hit the nail on the head.

Hoolahan is a good player at what he does, there is no doubt in that.

However that said, in a couple of games recently he just wasn''t himself, whether that be because teams identify him as a player to mark out of the game, lack of form or off the field shenanigans.

When Wes isn''t on song he tends to get carried a bit by the team because he doesn''t have a presence in terms of tackling and bustling that other players have.

For me though Lambert got it all wrong from the start today. Its not often you can say that but it didn''t look right at all.

Russell Martin did a good job of centreback but it just did not work with those personel. Lappin as a wing back? However in an attempt to make things better he almost made them even worse by dropping Jackson to the right hand side. It probably would have been better to play a diamond at that point with Chris Martin in the Hoolahan role.

It just seemed all sixes and sevens today. Wes made a heck of a differance but I think we took a few risks that didn''t pay off. Crofts didnt appear to be 100% and certainly didn''t play like it.

However the more I see of Jackson the more I wonder if too much of his game is based around pace and not enough on good decision making.

Holt did the best he could today with the service he got. Some incredible touches and sight, not least the lay off at the end for Hoolahan. Could easily have gone for goal himself but having drawn the defender away from Hooly he was pretty unselfish in giving him a tap in.

Jacksons recent performances don''t deserve a starting place in the team so for QPR I''d replace him with Hoolahan!

I can understand Hoolahan not starting today cause he got injured at Coventry in the last game!