Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

Charlie Austin: come and get me!

The following was lifted from BBC gossip link.

"Swindon striker Charlie Austin says he could leave the club next week, with Celtic, Hull, QPR and Reading all interested in signing the 21-year-old. (the Sun)"

Charlie was with Reading for about 5 years when he was released 2004 for being "too small". He was clearly been sleeping under a cloche since then as he is know 6''2"

He seems to fit the Norwich requirement.

Any thoughts

HRH

Today''s Daily Mirror reports we are signing M.K Dons striker Aaron Wilbraham for £100,000

According to the Mirror today we have agreed terms for the young M K Dons striker Aaron Wilbrahams £100k

[quote user="cityangel"]

According to the Mirror today we have agreed terms for the young M K Dons striker Aaron Wilbrahams £100k

[/quote]

Did you quote the ''young'' straight from the Mirror or was that your own addition?  Cos he definitely is not really in the young bracket anymore, not sure I would be particularly impressed with that signing but I suppose we''ve got to trust Lambert taking into account his signings so far.

That was my mistake [:)] was getting him muddled up with someone else .

As you say Wilbraham isnt young he''s 31, still young compared to me though [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

As you say Wilbraham isnt young he''s 31, still young compared to me though [:)]

[/quote]

..and you''re a flower child compared to me angel. Happy new year.

Hmmm, difficult to judge this one, hes averaged 2 in 7 for the MK Dons, but it doesn''t really mention a lot about assists.  Mk dons aren''t a very good side by any stretch, so perhaps thats not a bad return.  Also, there aren''t gonna be many options in that position who available for less than 6 figures and he''ll be on the bench most weeks.  The one thing thats important, its THE MIRROR gossip.

Aaron Wilbraham

If hot stays this is a good signing experienced and solid.

Not going to set the world alight but not going to need moral support either.

If holt goes though thats a different kettle of fish.

Great win today. Austin would be good, but some fierce competition for him. I noticed Jordan Rhodes was an unused sub today for Huddersfield. Could he be coming here? I tend to think Aaron Wilbraham is too old for Lambert, but a possibility.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

..and you''re a flower child compared to me angel. Happy new year.

[/quote]

Happy New Year to you too Yankee [:)]

I think people have to reign in their expectations come January, the club aren''t going to out and spend £1m on ANOTHER striker, we simply need cover for Holt, Wilbraham is experienced and a very much in the Holt mould of centre forward so would provide useful short-term cover at a very reasonable price.